• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i recall both decosta and ozzie, many times, stating that if you can get to the qb in college you can do it in the nfl... why do they believe that? there is nothing to indicate any of that being true, pass rushers can get mad sacks with a first step and a bullrush, sacks are certainly not a number that automatically translates...

Simba

Staff Member
Not in love with Ferguson, but honestly not convinced there was a better player on the board. We're hitting the lull.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
. Ravens met with this guy more than any other prospect. They did their homework. I'm on board and excited.
as if theyve had a stellar hit rate on pass rushers... lets see...
tim williams(spent most of his career a healthy scratch)
tyus bowser(same)
kamalei correa(lolwut)
zadarius smith(all motor and scheme overachiever for ONE year)

the ravens "doing their homework" on an edge rusher and then drafting him isnt exactly encouraging.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
. Ravens met with this guy more than any other prospect. They did their homework. I'm on board and excited.
I don't know shit about the prospects this year (real life doing real life things) but a quick scan of his bio makes him sound like the kind of guy you wouldn't want to take unless you know what you're doing. In that regard I don't hate the FO backing itself on him.

Obviously I can't comment on the pick, but all I'll say is he wouldn't be the first Ravens rusher to do bugger all in his first couple of years here only to break out (TM) and get overpaid by a team with way too much cap space after his rookie contract expires.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
sigh... time to watch ferguson film and try not to throw up while i watch stiff lumbering rushes and remember we passed on hakeem butler and kelvin harmon late in the third for this...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
sigh... time to watch ferguson film and try not to throw up while i watch stiff lumbering rushes and remember we passed on hakeem butler and kelvin harmon late in the third for this...
It doesn't matter we passed on them because we are picking

wait....

Jazz Ferguson!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair when Ferguson was performing the 3 cone drill he kept falling

look at his 10 yard time

it's bad

i get we have been inspired by the orlando brown route but orlando was never in great shape and he played against top notch guys

jaylon ferguson just doesn't strike me as an impact rusher at this level.