• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Daylon Mack

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
5 man Rushing from the 3-4 with the ravens:
Judon - Mack - pierce - Willis - ferguson

Ferguson and judon interchangeable with Tim Williams for when you want a lot more speed rush.

That’s a disgusting 5 man rush... and the best thing is that our secondary holds up, we can rush 5 essentially all the time, we can go 5 rushers and 6 DBs with one db disguising, either blitz or cover, and those 6 DBs will hold up more often than not.
I'd swap Mack for Willie Henry in that picture.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Michael Pierce, Daylon Mack and Gerald Willis sounds good to me.
Someone call pees up and swindle a trade for B.Will

we;d be lucky to get a 7th for brandon. Damon Harrison fetched a 5th and he's way better than b.will.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
mack and willis could end up being bums.. i wouldnt put too much faith in them.
Everyone could end up a bum, but going off tape there’s no reason to believe that, these guys have incredibly impressive traits and they put it together for production.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Everyone could end up a bum, but going off tape there’s no reason to believe that, these guys have incredibly impressive traits and they put it together for production.
i hope so. Im just not hyped up about them thats all. i hope they arent like the rest our guys that cant get any pressure from the inside

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i hope so. Im just not hyped up about them thats all. i hope they arent like the rest our guys that cant get any pressure from the inside
Have you watched their film? I can’t imagine you would lump either of them in with bwill and wornley if you watched them thoroughly. They were 2 guys I watched a good bit of, Mack moreso than Willis, but when our fifth was coming up and I saw Mack and Willis on the board I literally said we need to take one of these guys lol. I’m ecstatic we got both because they were both guys i low key liked a lot. Willis is more the natural penetrating 3 tech, while Mack has a more NT skill set, but what makes Mack potentially special is a RIDICULOUS first snap paired with an innate sense of snap timing, he’s off the ball with the center, every time, his whole line is following his lead when he fires off, and when he’s catching Guards in their standup before they can even kickstep or anchor down to shoot his chest, he gets them off balance, he’s explosive and powerful and always has the upper hand due to his jump and he capitalizes well. Puts dudes on skates regularly and when he gets the opening to shoot he becomes a great finisher. Willis is a lengthier more natural 3tech who also has a good first step and power, but is more slippery in the B gap, he works one side of each blocker on doubles and just brings too much drive and knifes the gap. Both guys are just monsters and I can’t veiieve the value we got with them

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and that's ok, you're entitled to your opinion but others who have watched a lot of tape like him and it's understandable why they are hyped up. They jump off the tape.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
My prediction: Gerald Willis will do better as a rookie which will cause the fan base to go into a frenzy. Then Mack becomes a good player in year two and the defense returns to form

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
My prediction: Gerald Willis will do better as a rookie which will cause the fan base to go into a frenzy. Then Mack becomes a good player in year two and the defense returns to form

Why would the defense be out of form though? Best secondary in football is even better.

The pass rush wasn't good before so it can't be worse really. I don't think they are worse against the run so long as Pierce is there so I think its largely the same as last year with more youth in front 7.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
we probably should have worked out that mack was going to be a raven - he was coached by drew wilkins in the east-west shrine game and we always draft guys from that game and especially now that we had one of our coaches running one of the units there...

apparently wilkins called ravens front office guys about mack before the game even happened because in practices he just seemed like a raven

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Mack looks a lot like Pierce. Raw but incredibly athletic for his size. I think the Ravens are hoping he becomes another Pierce.
Watching him more... I don't think he's that raw... He's got some things about his game that are very developed. His seinor year when he overcame his depression he was nothing short of being a monster on passing and rushing downs.

I still maintain my stance that this is a B draft but Mack is a lot more than just a NT to me. He might be my favorite pick this year.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching him more... I don't think he's that raw... He's got some things about his game that are very developed. His seinor year when he overcame his depression he was nothing short of being a monster on passing and rushing downs.

I still maintain my stance that this is a B draft but Mack is a lot more than just a NT to me. He might be my favorite pick this year.
And Mack is insurance if we lose Pierce.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
And Mack is insurance if we lose Pierce.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get rid of Brandon after this year and roll with Pierce and Mack going forward. It's possible that teams could offer Pierce a boatload of money that we can't match, but I think EDC is probably going to do all he can to keep Pierce with how dominant he's becoming.