• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

1st NFL game advice

Flames9

Practice Squad
Hi again....I had asked about tailgating..I think that is out..I dont think we want to get there 4 hrs ahead of the game with a 10 yr old and a 6 yr old!!

To make this a memorable experience for my 2 nephews, what do you suggest? Do they have any cool interactive fan stuff? Never been to a NFL game, so I have no clue on what to expect.

We are in the lower end zone section 115. Appreciate any help to make me look like the cool uncle,lol Ty

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They’ll probably have a blast regardless, if they’re into football in the slightest, like just enough to shout along with the rest of the stadium, they’ll have fun. It’s very hard not to get caught up in the atmosphere at M&T Bank.

Also, if you think getting there early is gonna be too hard for kids, well realize that the tailgating part will likely be fun for them too, there’s usually lots of kids/teens tossing footballs around and playing little 1v1 games, at least the few times I’ve been tailgating that’s been the case, should be no shortage of fun for a 8 and 9 year old.

It’s just a really fun atmosphere and as a kid I LOVED it, it’s kinda awe inspiring to see it as a kid, all the purple and the music and the crowd and the grilling and games and big ravens buses and trucks.. if you wanna show a 8 and 9 year old a fun day then this will do the trick lol, I’d actually suggest tailgating, that’s honestly more fun than the game itself for both kids and adults

Tank

Hall of Famer
Hi again....I had asked about tailgating..I think that is out..I dont think we want to get there 4 hrs ahead of the game with a 10 yr old and a 6 yr old!!

To make this a memorable experience for my 2 nephews, what do you suggest? Do they have any cool interactive fan stuff? Never been to a NFL game, so I have no clue on what to expect.

We are in the lower end zone section 115. Appreciate any help to make me look like the cool uncle,lol Ty

Parking lot E is primo for your seats, short walk to enter Gate C. I would definitely do at least some “light” tailgating and get some food into the boys. Saves having to stand in concession lines in the stadium. You don’t have to cook, just bring some chairs, drinks, finger foods and sandwiches or whatever. The google machine can give you tons of food ideas.

I think an hour and half is plenty of time in the lot. Pre game warm ups are about 12:30 so head in early to find your seats to check that out, gives a great perspective prior to the actual game. I guess when all is said and done you do want to be parked by 10:00 - 10:30. Don’t worry about the kids there will be plenty to entertain! Enjoy!