• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Interesting "6 Degrees of Separation" Experiences?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, although I was born and raised on the East Coast (i.e. New York and Jersey), both of my parents are from a small country town in Mississippi called Bassfiel in the region with other small towns named Columbia, Mt. Olive or Hattiesburg. So, I have family all throughout that region on both sides of the family.

So, here it goes:

I graduated from a High School in Columbia, MS. The same city as Walther Peyton.

I graduated with tons of people named Abrams. They have a family member who presently plays for the Oakland Raiders. FS, Johnathan Abrams.

I have family in Hattiesburg, MS and I have to pass by Brett Farve's ranch when going to their homes.

I dated a girl from Mt. Olive, MS, the home town of Steve McNair.

And, I presently have a cousin on my Dad's side of the family that plays in the NFL named Akiem Hicks, DT Chicago Bears.

I could go on and on but; what are some of your "6 Degrees of Separation" Experiences?~

~ Mili

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Well, although I was born and raised on the East Coast (i.e. New York and Jersey), both of my parents are from a small country town in Mississippi called Bassfiel in the region with other small towns named Columbia, Mt. Olive or Hattiesburg. So, I have family all throughout that region on both sides of the family.

So, here it goes:

I graduated from a High School in Columbia, MS. The same city as Walther Peyton.

I graduated with tons of people named Abrams. They have a family member who presently plays for the Oakland Raiders. FS, Johnathan Abrams.

I have family in Hattiesburg, MS and I have to pass by Brett Farve's ranch when going to their homes.

I dated a girl from Mt. Olive, MS, the home town of Steve McNair.

And, I presently have a cousin on my Dad's side of the family that plays in the NFL named Akiem Hicks, DT Chicago Bears.

I could go on and on but; what are some of your "6 Degrees of Separation" Experiences?~

~ Mili
Get on the phone to your cousin (from dad's side of family) and instruct him to ask the Bears to trade him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I trained with Nevin Lawson lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Went to school with Brian Flores. Work out at the same gym as Jevon Kearse. Seen Lamar and Ingram in the offseason. Seen Ray a few times as well. You're going to bump into a few people in south FL. My pride and joy is hooking up with a chick a Steelers player was trying to get with. I'll take any little win I can over those assholes...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I have no NFL connections (no shit), so few international ones:

As a kid I spent all my summers on Dalmatian coast and, through dad's friends, got to know, fish with him and play bocce ball with basketball HOF Kresimir Cosic ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krešimir_Ćosić ). He studied at BYU, where he was All American, then went on to win lot of medals with Yugoslavia national team. After his ball career, he was a Croatian deputy ambasador in US. Died way to early of cancer, in Johns Hopkins hospital in Bmore. He was one of the nicest people I ever met.

Little later (high school) I spent about 18 months playing soccer at Red Star youth teams. Wasn't good enough for them and rather than transferring to smaller club, I quit altogether. several of those guys went on, had great careers and, among other things, did this:

First two goals were scored by guys whom I played with.

Here in NZ I had a pleasure to work a lot (and still do) with two great former All Blacks, Olo Brown ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olo_Brown ) and AJ Whetton ( http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/Profile.asp?ABID=942 ). AJ, my boss and me gobbled up a river of beer so far and we're not planning to stop any time soon.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Went to school with Brian Flores. Work out at the same gym as Jevon Kearse. Seen Lamar and Ingram in the offseason. Seen Ray a few times as well. You're going to bump into a few people in south FL. My pride and joy is hooking up with a chick a Steelers player was trying to get with. I'll take any little win I can over those assholes...

I worked with a chick that Jacoby Ford was trying to get to as well. He was selling cars recently and I was trying to hire him lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I worked with a chick that Jacoby Ford was trying to get to as well. He was selling cars recently and I was trying to hire him lol

Forgot you stayed down here too. Think I have the same barber as Ford or he used to go to him.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm weird. Prefer watching Ravens at home. Dont like being bothered by drunk fans (Ravens or opposing team). Go to Brus sometimes or this spot Hijinks watching other games.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm weird. Prefer watching Ravens at home. Dont like being bothered by drunk fans (Ravens or opposing team). Go to Brus sometimes or this spot Hijinks watching other games.

Which Brus?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm in between the Deerfield Beach one and Coconut Creek so just alternate. Sometimes pull up to Ale House for MNF.

This is random

When you go to Creek, are you usually with a few folks on the outside table?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
UH OH... yeah. Don't really wear a bunch of Ravens gear though. Don't think I've been there since the Miami FSU game last year.

Then we definitely have met.

I usually come by myself and I find them at the same table outside watching games. I usually have on all black and a ravens skully. there is a group of roughly 3-4 guys that meet up there every once in a while. Some ladies too. There is a bald in shape dude that is usually in Ravens gear.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Then we definitely have met.

I usually come by myself and I find them at the same table outside watching games. I usually have on all black and a ravens skully. there is a group of roughly 3-4 guys that meet up there every once in a while. Some ladies too. There is a bald in shape dude that is usually in Ravens gear.

Oh good. Not me. Probably seen you out there though. I'll let you know if I head out that way for the Browns game. That one shouldn't be too stressful, but the team never likes to make things easy.