• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Interesting "6 Degrees of Separation" Experiences?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh good. Not me. Probably seen you out there though. I'll let you know if I head out that way for the Browns game. That one shouldn't be too stressful, but the team never likes to make things easy.

I won't be able to make that one because I will be at work.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm weird. Prefer watching Ravens at home. Dont like being bothered by drunk fans (Ravens or opposing team). Go to Brus sometimes or this spot Hijinks watching other games.

Nothing weird about that cause I'm the same way.

If I'm not actually at the game at M&T watching the Ravens play LIVE, then I prefer sitting at home on my couch with all of my snacks available and watching the game and screaming at the television all by myself! Yesterday, while having lunch at YNot; I had a great encounter with another Ravens fan that saw my hat from across the room. He was wearing a Ravens shirt and approached me and we exchanged pleasantries. Very nice cat and serious about the Ravens such as we. He asked me did I go to the sports bars to watch the games cause maybe we could meet up together. I then told him; "Naw bro! Unless I am at the game, this Ravens fan flies solo and I do my own thing sitting at the crib!" :lol: :cool:

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Nothing weird about that cause I'm the same way.

If I'm not actually at the game at M&T watching the Ravens play LIVE, then I prefer sitting at home on my couch with all of my snacks available and watching the game and screaming at the television all by myself! Yesterday, why having lunch at YNot; I had a great encounter with another Ravens fan that saw my hat from across the room. He was wearing a Ravens shirt and approached me and we exchanged pleasantries. Very nice cat and serious about the Ravens such as we. He asked me did I go to the sports bars to watch the games cause maybe we could meet up together. I then told him; "Naw bro! Unless I am at the game, this Ravens fan flies solo and I do my own thing sitting at the crib!" :lol: :cool:

This is exactly how I feel. Crazy thing is I watched last SB out with a friend and only because he was a Niners fan, but you will almost NEVER catch me out for a Ravens playoff game.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have some connections to Ray Rice:

• I work down the block from where his dad got killed in a drive-by shooting. I actually get lunch on that street fairly often...
  • One of the people I work with knows his mom and told me that his mom "didn't like that girl he was with and said she was going to be trouble".
  • I was getting coffee at the Dunkin Donuts down the block one morning and had some Ravens gear on, I think a winter hat or something, and the cashier told me how she either knew Ray growing up and/or went to school with him and he would "throw rocks at her".

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My wife and I flew to Huntsville, AL on Thursday to attend Saturday's game of Alabama vs Arkansas.

I'm a Ravens fan....
Mark Ingram is an Alabama alumn that won the Heisman Trophy.....
Ingram now plays for the Ravens and....

WE BOTH WERE AT THE BAMA GAME LAST NIGHT!!!!

Note: I saw Mark Ingram when he came out of the players hotel on campus with Nick Saban and the team. He was wearing all black but my photos were too dark to see his facial features to post them.

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
My wife and I flew to Huntsville, AL on Thursday to attend Saturday's game of Alabama vs Arkansas.

I'm a Ravens fan....
Mark Ingram is an Alabama alumn that won the Heisman Trophy.....
Ingram now plays for the Ravens and....

WE BOTH WERE AT THE BAMA GAME LAST NIGHT!!!!

Note: I saw Mark Ingram when he came out of the players hotel on campus with Nick Saban and the team. He was wearing all black but my photos were too dark to see his facial features to post them.
Mili my man! You are living an impressive life! Enjoy.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mili my man! You are living an impressive life! Enjoy.

Thanks, my brother! I just hate that my Mark Ingram photos were too dark to see man! So, this will have to do:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...o5TESg3yM6YRKAIopyYrzDyXf31Jl3-gQdB7hDAz5nWnY

Plus, Saban is short! Lol!! Now, I'm not an Alabama fan (I'm a Virginia Tech Hokie man) but my friend and his wife are, and they got 4 free tickets to the game and asked if my wife and I wanted to attend the game with them. So, we decided to fly down to Alabama this past Thursday to attend the game last night! It was good but were heading back to VA on Tuesday!

The game was good and the "collegiate" experience was great BUT it is NOT the pros! I love attending our Ravens games at M&T Bank Stadium a whole lot more than the collegiate games. The pace is way much faster! My wife and I were getting sleepy at the Bama game before the end of the 1st half. Plus, Bama was blowing the doors off the hinges of Arkansas. So, that made it a very long and much more boring game for us! -_--_--_--_-

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This isn't really a 6 degree of separation moment, but when I was 9 or 10 years old I was told where my favorite player of all time would be staying when the Raiders were in town to play the Colts. I do believe it was a preseason game, but can't remember as it was a very long time ago.

Anyway, I called the hotel and asked to speak to Kenny Stabler. Not only did I speak to him, but they transferred me to his room. That would never happen in todays world, but I have never forgotten it. I have his jersey and wished he got into the HOF prior to having passed away. Stabler was the exact definition of clutch.

#southpaw
#snake

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well....I stayed in the same dorm (they were in a different floor than I was) as the Griffin twins who play for the Hawks. And yes, they were damn near inseparable back then.

I work in the same company with the son of former offensive coach Mike Tice's brother.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Went to school with Brian Flores. Work out at the same gym as Jevon Kearse. Seen Lamar and Ingram in the offseason. Seen Ray a few times as well. You're going to bump into a few people in south FL. My pride and joy is hooking up with a chick a Steelers player was trying to get with. I'll take any little win I can over those assholes...
My nephew is a chiropractor and I go to the same office and office gym where I've had treatment next to Scherzer and Vernon Davis