• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Venting Thread 2019: The Honeymoon is Over

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only debbie downers on here. This thread can be deleted and I will serve a 3 match suspension if we go at or over 50% over the next 6 games.

This is a ranting thread, 100% ranting. This is a thread of utter negativity.

I fear that within 5-6 weeks we'll basically have by far the worst D in the league and the browns would have taken care of their soft schedule from here on end.

I would not be shocked if we went 1-5 over the next 6.

We have no pass rush
We have the thinnest secondary in the league
Lamar is still not consistent enough of a passer and we won't be playing the bengals more than once in the next 6 weeks.

Since our legendary outing vs the world beater dolphins we've not got to 30 points.

We're playing IMO 5 of the top 10 teams in the league in the next 6 weeks

Use this thread as anger therapy because this scenario is COMING

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's worrying with the depleted secondary what might happen to this defence
we're now in a position where we're 1 injury away from having justin bethel play large snaps on defence

bethel and canady...lawd have mercy

we saw what happened when elliot went off and bethel was in..

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's worrying with the depleted secondary what might happen to this defence
we're now in a position where we're 1 injury away from having justin bethel play large snaps on defence
We already have one of the worst EPA/defensive play in the league. Bottom 3. Lamar can't do it all.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we've been treading water with the hope that we can be in a good position when jimmy returns but at this point when jimmy returns we might have a bare cupboard

Jimmy aint' that good anymore. That's the problem and he'll also be rusty.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tavon young also concerns me as our long term nickle. not only has he hardly played he seems to be fragile and it would not shock me if he has another big injury soon.

Iman marshall better be something special because he might be our only consolation but i heard nothing about him during the offseason. with elliot you could see the potential on the field and players and coaches raving about him.

It really is ridiculous. Remember Jaylon Hill? that guy had talent and he got absolutely wrecked. This league is about which team stays the most healthy and the best talents remaining healthy. That's the team that will get far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tavon young also concerns me as our long term nickle. not only has he hardly played he seems to be fragile and it would not shock me if he has another big injury soon.

Iman marshall better be something special because he might be our only consolation but i heard nothing about him during the offseason. with elliot you could see the potential on the field and players and coaches raving about him.

It really is ridiculous. Remember Jaylon Hill? that guy had talent and he got absolutely wrecked. This league is about which team stays the most healthy and the best talents remaining healthy. That's the team that will get far.

iman marshall was injured for a lot of training camp hence we didnt see any of him

Fast Eddie

Practice Squad
It's certainly disappointing, to see our defense be the weakness to any Ravens team....and to see the Steelers have a solid defense and serviceable offense despite their injuries and drafting...I mean they went all in on defense this year and it shows. Our FA walk-off's (who were not all that premiere) left a big whole forcing DeCosta to sign OLD ravens Ha!

Unbelievably...our team will be putting up ~30 points a game while giving up 30+ to decent teams.

FWIW...Lamar has been great this year in my eyes...or I've been blindsided with a Flacco replacement.

At least the offense is fun to watch

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
IN all seriousness, I really wonder what is EDC's mindset is it

" let's just see what we can do with this scrapheap of a defense and I'll conjure a plan to fix in next offseason''

'' Have to upgrade secondary or pass rush, Im serious about being successful this year, not successful with all things considered''.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

" let's just see what we can do with this scrapheap of a defense and I'll conjure a plan to fix in next offseason''

'' Have to upgrade secondary or pass rush, Im serious about being successful this year, not successful with all things considered''.
I guess it depends on his approach. Yeah you want to build a competitive team that can go the distance but do you really want to do a reverse mortgage to make that happen? I’m not sure I want us to do that depending on the cost. I think it depends on how close we are to making it. I think we’re two players away at least from being able to go the distance. I think we need a legit pass rusher because I don’t think our guys can get it done and I think we now need a CB. Ideally it would be great if we can upgrade CB3 so Canady can play S again and ST now that we lost Elliott

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chris Harris Jr is a guy i'd target. He's been the best corner in the NFL for years and there has been no drop off. He'll be great until he retires because his football IQ is off the charts

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think it's probably the former at this point - we've lost so much on defence that we're no longer 1 or 2 players away with the injuries - and any draft capital we spend trying to fill holes at this point probably wont do enough

we're now so thin at every level of the defence that unless we mortgage 2 years worth of future draft picks i dont see us making significant enough improvements

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think it's probably the former at this point - we've lost so much on defence that we're no longer 1 or 2 players away with the injuries - and any draft capital we spend trying to fill holes at this point probably wont do enough

we're now so thin at every level of the defence that unless we mortgage 2 years worth of future draft picks i dont see us making significant enough improvements

I don't like it...but I agree

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting fact about the Patriots game: I’m undefeated in every Ravens game I’ve attended and I will be personally at the game. We’ll see if the streak continues.
I'll be at that game and last time I was at a game vs. the Pats the opposing team won. The last time wasn't the Ravens vs. the Pats and was the last game the Pats lost before they went on their first SB run in the early 2000s.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll be at that game and last time I was at a game vs. the Pats the opposing team won. The last time wasn't the Ravens vs. the Pats and was the last game the Pats lost before they went on their first SB run in the early 2000s.
Please stay home. I got this.