• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Mac Attack or Deckatron?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Here's my take on it BmoreBird.

I'd love either option. I think that both are excellent fits. I think Maclin is the better player between the two, and would fit like a glove here. He's got an ability to get open that could really open up things on the offense, and is good after the catch as well. Having a guy like him would open up the underneath stuff for people like Maxx, Boyle, etc. However, you could argue that we have two dudes who could already take the top off of the defense in Perriman and Wallace, and we should add another underneath guy/ fearless dude that goes over the middle.

I think Decker would be a monster in the red zone. But Maclin's ability to go get open would be invaluable.

But that's just me. I'd love either.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Here's my take on it BmoreBird.

I'd love either option. I think that both are excellent fits. I think Maclin is the better player between the two, and would fit like a glove here. He's got an ability to get open that could really open up things on the offense, and is good after the catch as well. Having a guy like him would open up the underneath stuff for people like Maxx, Boyle, etc. However, you could argue that we have two dudes who could already take the top off of the defense in Perriman and Wallace, and we should add another underneath guy/ fearless dude that goes over the middle.

I think Decker would be a monster in the red zone. But Maclin's ability to go get open would be invaluable.

But that's just me. I'd love either.

I would definitely take either as well but if I have a choice, I lean more towards Decker. As the days are ticking by though, I am afraid we are not getting either.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Just a thought, and maybe this is a major reach, but would having Maclin on our squad actually help Perriman develop quicker? The skill-set isn't that far off so it'd be another mentor but also it would cause Perriman to learn the additional route tree that he might not have to learn if Decker were to fill that role.

I am thinking I am overthinking it as neither are on our roster yet!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ozzie be like
Why_not_both.jpg

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nice article man! This is better than anything I've ever seen from Mink on the team site.

Of course I'm just noticing this because I had this page saved on the Ravens Talk section, because I thought that opening page was just a welcome announcement :p