• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Scouting

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That's where I'm at except I've donea bit of Falk, Rosen and Rudolph.
I started to watch falk but only got like 1 quarter in before I had to stop. Rudolph to me looks strikingly similar to joe, he doesn't look guys off, locks on and doesn't follow progressions well, but has some arm talent and a big body that can withstand some punishment. I didn't get to assess his pocket presence much

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
at the moment im not going back and watching tape im just trying to see as many guys on live broadcast as possible to get a sense for game situation and circumstance etc.
Best way to do it really but it's so damn hard to not get sucked into the game and just watch it lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well when scouting qb I think it's better as you get a better feel for the flow of the game and how he handles it.
Oh yeah and qbs touch the ball on every snap so it's a different story for them. I'm talking about guys who aren't in on the action consistently. Trying to look at how well an OLineman holds up in the clutch, how much a receiver gains ground right off the line, etc. you only tend to notice these things when the player fails.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Oh yeah and qbs touch the ball on every snap so it's a different story for them. I'm talking about guys who aren't in on the action consistently. Trying to look at how well an OLineman holds up in the clutch, how much a receiver gains ground right off the line, etc. you only tend to notice these things when the player fails.
Yeah I agree, QB is the exception is what I wanted to say. However I'm not big on college ball so I tend to focus more on players and not really the game. If I'm watching Clemson for example, I'll only care about Deon Cain.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I agree, QB is the exception is what I wanted to say. However I'm not big on college ball so I tend to focus more on players and not really the game. If I'm watching Clemson for example, I'll only care about Deon Cain.

Their other receiver Renfrow could be a nice mid rd addition.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
didnt know which thread to ask this in but has anyone paid for draftbreakdown access yet - is there anything new in there to make it different outside of less ads or is it just the same site it used to be?
I will, but I’m going to wait until the offseason. I use it a lot during and preceding the Forum mock, but after the season.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I keep going back to Matt Waldman's videos, especially for WR. He's really great and you understand very quickly what he says, even if it's + level scouting. There's no better way of learning quickly technique and how to look at the little things.