• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Win, The Outside Runs and The Weather

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Great win, absolutely knuckle-biting but a reminder that Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the history of the NFL.

We got beat like a drum on the edge albeit by the 2nd best running team in football.

This game looks a lot different if the heavens don't open.

Some absolutely criminal officiating too at times.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
We've got some stuff to work on, but I think we needed that. Come out angry against the Bills.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I hate Shanahan and his rushing scheme. It's near impossible to stop but that took Kittle out of the passing game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
this shows me one thing...

we can win close ones. when lamar is struggling, when the defense is struggling, when the matchups arent favorable, when the rain is kicking our asses, when the refs are kicking our asses, we can pull one out.

if the proper DPI is called, and if a complete freak play of a backup safety snatching the ball from lamars hand on a big run, then this game is a lot closer to the patriots game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
against this front the skura loss looks worse, i obviously wasnt following C play lol but i didnt notice mekari playing particularly poor.
he definitely wasn't playing poorly and had good time in the pocket, for the most part.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If the Patriots playing us was them playing a real team, then we had our version of playing a real team in the 49ers today.

- 49ers are legit, amazing defense that will likely carry them to Miami. Defense wins Championships and they have the defense to win in January and be the NFC Representative in the Super Bowl.

- This wasn't our best game in any phase of the game, their defense kicked our tails for 60 minutes. This showed me that even when we don't play well, we can win the close games which is what we needed to find out about our team after weeks of blowouts.

- Run defense continues to be leaky and Mostert had a solid game against us, might have been a good thing Breida didn't play. We gotta plug the holes in our run defense.

- 4-0 against the NFC West this season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he definitely wasn't playing poorly and had good time in the pocket, for the most part.
typically if an OL is playing bad, its very noticeable, but if theyre playing well, it isnt. so before looking at any film i go off of that. whether or not im right is yet to be seen and im sure someone here will have something to say

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
against this front the skura loss looks worse, i obviously wasnt following C play lol but i didnt notice mekari playing particularly poor.
No, he was OK in a game like this being his first career start.
It's a little things in the rhythm with Lamar and the rest of the line that make stuff not perfect. Their LBs are really good though.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's amazing how often Tucker has come through. You could almost see resignation on the 49ers sideline before he kicked.
how many times have I been tal king to him through the tv; " c'mon Tuck...We need you", and he always comes through.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No, he was OK in a game like this being his first career start.
It's a little things in the rhythm with Lamar and the rest of the line that make stuff not perfect. Their LBs are really good though.
fred warner gave us the shits all day. that prick was in every passing lane.

i really worry that the niners showed something to the league, but at the same time they have the leagues best pass defense and whatever they did to stop our run could spell disaster for other defenses who arent as great at stopping the pass.

That was a really entertaining game! The blowouts are better for my blood pressure though. We all got used to those, but that's maybe the best team in the league we beat in difficult conditions.

If the Patriots playing us was them playing a real team, then we had our version of playing a real team in the 49ers today.

- 49ers are legit, amazing defense that will likely carry them to Miami. Defense wins Championships and they have the defense to win in January and be the NFC Representative in the Super Bowl.

- This wasn't our best game in any phase of the game, their defense kicked our tails for 60 minutes. This showed me that even when we don't play well, we can win the close games which is what we needed to find out about our team after weeks of blowouts.

- Run defense continues to be leaky and Mostert had a solid game against us, might have been a good thing Breida didn't play. We gotta plug the holes in our run defense.

- 4-0 against the NFC West this season.

Agree with you here, and our run D got beat beat like a drum on the edges. That needs to get fixed. Inside we looked pretty good.

Nice avatar by the way.