• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean keenum is gonna get a Ryan Fitzpatrick of larger type of deal so deion’s an idiot
I honestly use to hate Dion so much and thought he was an idiot, but to be honest he is the most out spoken and probably honest guy there is in media . He talks like he wants to get fired, and Landian sits there like wtf man you can’t say that. I disagree with him on that topic, but I also went off on him when he laughed about the ravens in the playoffs. Maybe he knows he won’t get fired because he’s one of the only guys who didn’t sexual harasser someone on set.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not surprised, John Dorsey has given more praise to Mayfield than any other QB. He has even defended him about character issues. Barkley should be the pick but they could be worried the Broncos trade with the Colts to jump the Browns at 4. I can see them pulling the trigger with Mayfield at 1.

as good as barkley is i dont think he's worth not taking a qb at 1 - especially as john dorsey has essentially been brought in to find THE qb for the browns

if im the browns i take qb at 1 and then get either the best offensive or best defensive player in the draft at pick number 4

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
as good as barkley is i dont think he's worth not taking a qb at 1 - especially as john dorsey has essentially been brought in to find THE qb for the browns

if im the browns i take qb at 1 and then get either the best offensive or best defensive player in the draft at pick number 4
Unless the pick is Rosen I disagree. I'm the biggest Rosen fan here and if I were the Browns I'd take Barkley #1. You'd lose your shot at Rosen but the colts don't need a QB and they won't take one and they'll take defense. They'll have their pick at Mayfield(who will likely be their guy) at #4. So they'll end up with the best player in the draft and they'll also end up getting a guy who will become a franchise guy anyway. As well as having good draft capital elsewhere to address defensive needs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Unless the pick is Rosen I disagree. I'm the biggest Rosen fan here and if I were the Browns I'd take Barkley #1. You'd lose your shot at Rosen but the colts don't need a QB and they won't take one and they'll take defense. They'll have their pick at Mayfield(who will likely be their guy) at #4. So they'll end up with the best player in the draft and they'll also end up getting a guy who will become a franchise guy anyway. As well as having good draft capital elsewhere to address defensive needs.

i guess im just not sold on barkley as the best player in the draft by as much distance as you guys

for me right now i think Rosen is maybe the best player in the draft, maybe minkah fitzpatrick and maybe even quenton nelson

dont get me wrong i think barkley is an unbelievable prospect but i think this draft is so loaded with talent right at the top that he's not a shoe in for my number 1 overall player...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i guess im just not sold on barkley as the best player in the draft by as much distance as you guys

for me right now i think Rosen is maybe the best player in the draft, maybe minkah fitzpatrick and maybe even quenton nelson

dont get me wrong i think barkley is an unbelievable prospect but i think this draft is so loaded with talent right at the top that he's not a shoe in for my number 1 overall player...
With that offensive line I'd take Barkley and not think twice. He's not the next AP, but he's a damn good prospect. That team needs a shot in the arm in addition to a QB on the offensive side of the ball. Let Barkley do his thing.

Best case scenario is they take Rosen, the Giants decide to take Darnold, then the colts go for defense despite needing a running back, and then they take Barkley.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With that offensive line I'd take Barkley and not think twice. He's not the next AP, but he's a damn good prospect. That team needs a shot in the arm in addition to a QB on the offensive side of the ball. Let Barkley do his thing.

Best case scenario is they take Rosen, the Giants decide to take Darnold, then the colts go for defense despite needing a running back, and then they take Barkley.

could they not trade up to the 3rd pick and do what the bears did this year and swap places with the colts in front of them - or maybe they even trade up to the giants spot given that the giants at that point know that they are getting 2nd pick of the qbs it's in their interest to trade back to 4th get some extra picks and still get the qb they want

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
could they not trade up to the 3rd pick and do what the bears did this year and swap places with the colts in front of them - or maybe they even trade up to the giants spot given that the giants at that point know that they are getting 2nd pick of the qbs it's in their interest to trade back to 4th get some extra picks and still get the qb they want
Honestly if I were the browns I'd go trade the farm for the #2 pick as well. Take Rosen and Barkley... Fill the rest of the team's needs in free agency and in draft classes to come. The Browns cannot be fixed in one year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly if I were the browns I'd go trade the farm for the #2 pick as well. Take Rosen and Barkley... Fill the rest of the team's needs in free agency and in draft classes to come. The Browns cannot be fixed in one year.

i know this sounds like a broken record but i really dont think they are far away - a young franchise qb changes everything - at that point if they nail the qb spot the only thing that will hold them back is coaching tbh... (still not sure how a coach who went 1-31 somehow won an internal power struggle but browns gonna brown yo)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I bet Dorsey fixes that team quicker than everybody thinks.
If he hits on QB, watch out.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
i know this sounds like a broken record but i really dont think they are far away - a young franchise qb changes everything - at that point if they nail the qb spot the only thing that will hold them back is coaching tbh... (still not sure how a coach who went 1-31 somehow won an internal power struggle but browns gonna brown yo)

There definitely has to come a point where consistently drafting in the top 4/5 spots every year turns them into a legit team.

I bet Dorsey fixes that team quicker than everybody thinks.
If he hits on QB, watch out.
I think it was pretty obvious this past year that the team was decent if not for QB play destroying everything positive. If they managed to get their QB and Barkley, that will not be good. With a good defense and an improving O line - if they got a solid run game to protect a new QB and that QB was able to develop over a couple years. that will be potential trouble for the AFC North.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think it was pretty obvious this past year that the team was decent if not for QB play destroying everything positive. If they managed to get their QB and Barkley, that will not be good. With a good defense and an improving O line - if they got a solid run game to protect a new QB and that QB was able to develop over a couple years. that will be potential trouble for the AFC North.
Apart from QB and the back, they are OK on offense - assumption is Gordon got his shit together, their young TE is very good, solid O line.
Their priority should be QB / secondary in 1st, RB in 2nd. Lot of good running backs in this class, they don't need to spend early pick on Barkley, with their two 2nd rounds, they'll find a good one. Guy like Fitzpatrick would be much better value at #4 than any RB.
They also have close to hundred mil in salary cap space - Dorsey can do a lot of damage with it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Apart from QB and the back, they are OK on offense - assumption is Gordon got his shit together, their young TE is very good, solid O line.
Their priority should be QB / secondary in 1st, RB in 2nd. Lot of good running backs in this class, they don't need to spend early pick on Barkley, with their two 2nd rounds, they'll find a good one. Guy like Fitzpatrick would be much better value at #4 than any RB.
They also have close to hundred mil in salary cap space - Dorsey can do a lot of damage with it.
Hmmm. We're starting that game soon.

@Truth @RavensMania

DIBS

$100 M in cap space? Good God.