• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
with what cap space. Must have a really cheap cap hit in year one for this to work

getting rid of antonio brown gave them massive cap relief in the rest of his contract (even though it gives them 21m in dead money this year)
they got a little cap relief from the carry over of Bell's unsigned franchise tag last year which rolled over to this year's cap which is basically the reason they can make any moves at all

but they've done some new deals and traded away another OL too so i imagine the combination of all that gives them enough cap relief this year to get big ben's deal done and it wont be a problem in future years because of the inflating salary cap and antonio brown's contract coming off the books

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
getting rid of antonio brown gave them massive cap relief in the rest of his contract (even though it gives them 21m in dead money this year)
they got a little cap relief from the carry over of Bell's unsigned franchise tag last year which rolled over to this year's cap which is basically the reason they can make any moves at all

but they've done some new deals and traded away another OL too so i imagine the combination of all that gives them enough cap relief this year to get big ben's deal done and it wont be a problem in future years because of the inflating salary cap and antonio brown's contract coming off the books
Yeah, I was just on their spotrac and overthecap page and they definitely have enough to extend his contract which will most likely reduce his cap hit this year anyway. The rollover cap from Bell not playing helped them tremendously.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
today there will be a lot of misinformation being sent around social media. Please post links

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And so it begins...

Schefter: Former Patriots’ OT Trent Brown intends to sign a four-year, $66 million contract that includes $36.75 million guaranteed with the Oakland Raiders, per source, making him highest paid OL in NFL history.

Rapsheet had it too on twitter

classic case of a patriots system fit doing well and then getting overpaid - pats are legit the only team i think brown is a LT on - probably a decent RT elsewhere but heyho - now he's the highest paid OL in NFL history lol

Simba

Staff Member
Trent Brown kicking off the FA period - 4 years/$66M to the Raiders.

Yeah, stupid money is going to be spent.