• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Missouri needs to update it's DUI laws and give longer sentences. How does Britt Reid get only 3 years but the max he could have got is 4 years? He messed up this innocent little girl's life for the rest of her life and law says most he can get is 4 years? That's messed up.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Missouri needs to update it's DUI laws and give longer sentences. How does Britt Reid get only 3 years but the max he could have got is 4 years? He messed up this innocent little girl's life for the rest of her life and law says most he can get is 4 years? That's messed up.

I'd need to see how other States treat same. End of day, its a DUI without deaths. Several years back when I researched this for unrelated topic, DUI manslaughter, which is basically "unintentionally" killing somebody while driving under influence, is commonly in the 5-10 year prison sentence range for somebody who's not a habitual offender.

I think several news outlets covered this when it happened, but basically, even though the girl is now essentially in lifetime care, it saved Reid several years of prison time, because I'm fairly certain 3-4 years is actually somewhat on the high side of prison sentences for DUI's that unintentionally kill somebody.

I've read of several first-time offenders in Virginia who have gotten 18 months-2 years for involuntary DUI manslaughter, i.e. drunk driver kills somebody while drunk but didn't intend to do so.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, maybe. They've caveated the reports by saying he could just be looking to sell SOME of his stake, i.e. minority pieces. He could sell decent sized chunks and still maintain majority ownership.
he recently bought back his minority shareholders. I'd be surprised if it was just a minority stake.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Powerball tonight is $1.2B, the Commanders could be sold near $10B. So win the Powerball 10 times over tonight and you can own the team.

lmao. If I win the powerball it on a sure thing, not the Commies.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ray Guy passed away at 72. Way too young.
Greatest punter of all time and it wasn't even close. He hit the roof of the Super Dome with one of his punts.

Bum Phillips once said he thought they were putting helium in the footballs. Now I seriously doubt it, but I wouldn't put it past Al Davis to do this.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Greatest punter of all time and it wasn't even close. He hit the roof of the Super Dome with one of his punts.

Bum Phillips once said he thought they were putting helium in the footballs. Now I seriously doubt it, but I wouldn't put it past Al Davis to do this.
Al Davis was entirely capable of doing this...