• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
if he does end up signing for 18m range, it will definitely push Judon's number closer to our range.
It should regardless of what Clowney gets, because they're not really comparable. I still think of that one play where Clowney literally swatted Nick Boyle when he was being blocked and sent him flying. He is a disruptive force that Judon isn't period. I'm thinking Judon should get a multi-year deal not exceeding 15MM/yr with about 30-35M guaranteed. Just my opinion.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm sure this was already mentioned, but the Ravens officially declined Carr's option saving them 6m

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There is a lack of news on some of the Ravens signings and that is due to players needing to have a physical.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It should regardless of what Clowney gets, because they're not really comparable. I still think of that one play where Clowney literally swatted Nick Boyle when he was being blocked and sent him flying. He is a disruptive force that Judon isn't period. I'm thinking Judon should get a multi-year deal not exceeding 15MM/yr with about 30-35M guaranteed. Just my opinion.

The fact that his big play in your mind is against our TE kind of emphasizes what I have thought of Clowney and that is that he is just not as good as he thinks he is. I do not consider him that good of a pass rusher. He is all name and medium game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The fact that his big play in your mind is against our TE kind of emphasizes what I have thought of Clowney and that is that he is just not as good as he thinks he is. I do not consider him that good of a pass rusher. He is all name and medium game.
Clowney doesn’t show up on the stat sheet as much as you’d like but he is a seriously disruptive force and absolutely requires extra special attention from the OC to account for him.

he’s really perplexing in that sense, like why is he so good but just doesn’t finish that often in the pass rush?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Update on Clowney, and a shocking one at that. I'd figured by now some team would have gave him the Aaron Donald/Khalil Mack money he wanted by now but no team has bit. Anyone take him on a one year deal?

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I love Clowney. I think he’s constantly disruptive, even if it doesn’t always show on the stat sheet.

I read earlier in the off-season that Clowney would consider taking less to win. That seems to not be the case so far.

If EDC can make it work, it would be fantastic. IMO the Ravens have just as good a chance to win as the Seahawks.

Also nobody saw EDC landing Thomas last year, so while unlikely, never say never

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I love Clowney. I think he’s constantly disruptive, even if it doesn’t always show on the stat sheet.

I read earlier in the off-season that Clowney would consider taking less to win. That seems to not be the case so far.

If EDC can make it work, it would be fantastic. IMO the Ravens have just as good a chance to win as the Seahawks.

Also nobody saw EDC landing Thomas last year, so while unlikely, never say never
It cannot be done, unless we somehow trade Judon and it probably wouldn't end up being as much of an upgrade as majority of people think.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
dude if he picks murray most of us will be pissed off but the side benefit of all this inaction in free agency and making the 2 trades we did is that we have more picks in the first 2 days of the draft than any other draft in ravens history except 2008 - so the fate of this class doesnt actually just rest on that 1st pick
If he picks murry......

“ after watching more of murry, i really believe he can become a Hof lb”-people on these boards

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
the thing about clowney is that you cant avoid him.. you can take donald, mack, miller and those guys out the game but you simply cant get away from that force in clowney. He isnt a great rusher but man does he blows up plays. Reminds me of micheal bennet when seattle would put him standing in the middle and he would just disrupt the whole entire play. Its probably best that clowney isnt a great rusher, otherwise teams wouldnt be able to afford him

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Of course it will - most of us actually support the ravens - we’re not going to stop being fans just because they picked Murray lol
Its not about not supporting Ravens... its the shift in energy and fandom. He suck now but once we draft him all of a sudden he is great. Why cant people keep those same opinions of him? why cant we see the good in him now?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we pick Murray, I will say straight up that he needs to get straight to work on becoming an edge. Edge rushers don’t have to rely on their eyes or making reads, they can just pin em back and go attack, which is what he does.

I don’t wanna sit here and act like Murray would be a good pick, but I will say that if any team would make Murray effective, it would be us, we have this DL that would mask his biggest weakness, which is hesitance to take on blocks and the knack of completely losing sight of the play when traffic gets near him, and the DL and scheme would give him a very good chance to do what he does well, attack. The stretch runs that ate us up so badly this year will be much less of a threat with him being able to cleanly chase laterally, and having him as a standup rusher anywhere on the front is a plus for the ravens more than any defense, he’s unique in that one aspect, that he can play laterally but can also attack the pocket in passing downs from anywhere ala ZDS or McPhee.

that is the one justification I could make, that we could use him pretty well