• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We gotta try and sign Mike Evans next off-season man. Him and Zay would be a dream come true

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bucs not intending to extend Mike Evans this off-season. They missed his self imposed deadline. If that’s true and the Bucs season starts off poorly we need to trade for that man ASAP

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We gotta try and sign Mike Evans next off-season man. Him and Zay would be a dream come true
You beat me to it, but I couldn’t agree more. If the Bucs season goes off the rails early, EDC gotta make that mid season trade

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Bucs not intending to extend Mike Evans this off-season. They missed his self imposed deadline. If that’s true and the Bucs season starts off poorly we need to trade for that man ASAP
Let's hope he and the Bucs agreed to not trade him at all this season and allow him to reach free agency next year.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You beat me to it, but I couldn’t agree more. If the Bucs season goes off the rails early, EDC gotta make that mid season trade
He is the same age as OBJ (30) and neither is particularly young. I am not sure which I would rather go for but OBJ will likely be cheaper.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is the same age as OBJ (30) and neither is particularly young. I am not sure which I would rather go for but OBJ will likely be cheaper.
it would be cheaper to keep OBJ, consider the cap hit he would have if he isn't resigned. OBJ will have at minimum 11m cap hit if he isn't on the roster next year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
it would be cheaper to keep OBJ, consider the cap hit he would have if he isn't resigned. OBJ will have at minimum 11m cap hit if he isn't on the roster next year.
It’s really three things for me that justify the cost. Although i don’t think Evans will be much more expensive.
1. Evans is much more consistent and done it with some terrible QBs
2. Injuries
3. Mike is a beloved team leader. This is not a shot at OBJ as I think he has matured allowed since his infamous fight with the net. Mike is a more natural leader and loved by the team and Tampa community.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s really three things for me that justify the cost. Although i don’t think Evans will be much more expensive.
1. Evans is much more consistent and done it with some terrible QBs
2. Injuries
3. Mike is a beloved team leader. This is not a shot at OBJ as I think he has matured allowed since his infamous fight with the net. Mike is a more natural leader and loved by the team and Tampa community.
So we're obviously way too early to have these discussions, because for all I know, OBJ may be the better player going forward and the better fit in this offense going forward.

But if he's not, and OBJ is essentially the #3 WR on the team, behind Bateman and Flowers, then I'm not really interested in paying up for somebody like Evans. I'm more interested in rolling with Bateman, Flowers and Andrews, and building depth via cheaper veterans or mid-round draft picks.

Yesterday is a one game sample, so it should be taken purely as that to this point. But yesterday was a textbook showing of why having like 3-4 high quality pass catchers on the roster doesn't mean much in certain spots. It meant jack shit for the Vikings yesterday. It meant jack shit for the Bengals yesterday. It meant jack shit for the Steelers yesterday. And it didn't mean much for the Ravens yesterday.

Our offensive line didn't play that great yesterday, and Lamar sure as shit didn't. Mike Evans can't do anything to change that, and neither can any other receiver in this league.

Again, one game sample, so it is what it is.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
So we're obviously way too early to have these discussions, because for all I know, OBJ may be the better player going forward and the better fit in this offense going forward.

But if he's not, and OBJ is essentially the #3 WR on the team, behind Bateman and Flowers, then I'm not really interested in paying up for somebody like Evans. I'm more interested in rolling with Bateman, Flowers and Andrews, and building depth via cheaper veterans or mid-round draft picks.

Yesterday is a one game sample, so it should be taken purely as that to this point. But yesterday was a textbook showing of why having like 3-4 high quality pass catchers on the roster doesn't mean much in certain spots. It meant jack shit for the Vikings yesterday. It meant jack shit for the Bengals yesterday. It meant jack shit for the Steelers yesterday. And it didn't mean much for the Ravens yesterday.

Our offensive line didn't play that great yesterday, and Lamar sure as shit didn't. Mike Evans can't do anything to change that, and neither can any other receiver in this league.

Again, one game sample, so it is what it is.
This isn’t based on yesterdays performance. I started the original conversation for a few reasons.
1. The Bucs missed his self imposed deadline

2.Evans is the better receiver and healthier. Also I personally like him. Even bought an Evans Bucs jersey for the times I get tickets.

3. He represents continuity and dependability that we’ve been lacking with our WRs. I’m assuming OBJ is one and done with us. Be it injury, lack or targets, or he balls out and prices himself out of Baltimore. I just don’t see a long term commitment from OBJ. I also don’t believe in Batemen’s ability to stay healthy. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m envisioning another revamp of the WRs in the near future.

Of course Tampa could resign him and the whole point is mute , but it’s a fun thought. I really don’t think his price tag will be much higher than comparable options. Very much reminds me of the Anquan Boldin signing. I believe he was about 30 when he signed that deal as well

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This isn’t based on yesterdays performance. I started the original conversation for a few reasons.
1. The Bucs missed his self imposed deadline

2.Evans is the better receiver and healthier. Also I personally like him. Even bought an Evans Bucs jersey for the times I get tickets.

3. He represents continuity and dependability that we’ve been lacking with our WRs. I’m assuming OBJ is one and done with us. Be it injury, lack or targets, or he balls out and prices himself out of Baltimore. I just don’t see a long term commitment from OBJ. I also don’t believe in Batemen’s ability to stay healthy. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m envisioning another revamp of the WRs in the near future.

Of course Tampa could resign him and the whole point is mute , but it’s a fun thought. I really don’t think his price tag will be much higher than comparable options. Very much reminds me of the Anquan Boldin signing. I believe he was about 30 when he signed that deal as well
Right, the difference is 30 year old Boldin's don't sign for $6M anymore. They sign for $16M... or more.
It cost us $15M to get OBJ to come here. Hopkins is older with injury concerns, and he got $13M a year.

I just don't think we're going to be shopping in that price range with Bateman and Flowers both under contract next year. Too many other positions to fill in the offseason with a lot of UFAs coming up.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't even understand why we are even talking about Mike Evans right now.

I need a CB and potentially a RB right now

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't even understand why we are even talking about Mike Evans right now.

I need a CB and potentially a RB right now
Basically because I’m a big Mike Evans fan, but I also don’t believe the current WR corps(outside of Flowers) are in our long term plans.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

"We're good, like the guys we have," said Harbaugh. "Melvin Gordon is here for a reason. He's a proven back and I'm very very glad he's here. We don't plan to look outside the organization to add depth at running back. We love our backs."

Never mind. It’s Melvin Gordon SZN

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Basically because I’m a big Mike Evans fan, but I also don’t believe the current WR corps(outside of Flowers) are in our long term plans.

Flowers and Bate will be here next year. Depending on what is going on with the rest of the team (CB and O-Line) I just can't see us going for Evans at the ticket he may be asking for.

Mike Evans is my favorite WR. So the prospect of having him here would be amazing, I just think we have many other more pressing issues.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Think you're rolling with some combo of Hamilton, Stone, and Worley right now. Maybe you add a vet like DHC to the PS. Wouldn't expect much more than that.
Do we make a move for another safety since Williams is gonna miss a lot of time?
Roll with what we got for now, but interestingly, John did say they have some veterans on their list that they may call.
But basically Stone and Hamilton are going to be 100% snap guys for the next couple months most likely.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Roll with what we got for now, but interestingly, John did say they have some veterans on their list that they may call.
But basically Stone and Hamilton are going to be 100% snap guys for the next couple months most likely.
Stone and Hamilton are already 100% snap guys. Hamilton only missed a snap when he went down with an injury. Stone played 100% snaps. Even Washington played 56 snaps