• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I challenge that Lost was more against that pick than me.
there is no question about that. He watches UCLA games all the time and hated how bad he was against the run, but was ok with him in coverage for the most part.

Simba

Staff Member
Good old Kenny Young. All of the athletic ability in the world but had absolutely no football IQ. It was amazing how many times he shot 3 gaps over from where he should have been.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Little late on the Jimmy re-signing but I expected him to come back. I just didn’t think he would have the market he expected he would and it’s because of his injuries. It’s possible this whole Coronavirus thing helped a bit too because teams couldn’t evaluate him themselves and didn’t want to give him money even if not guaranteed but—more importantly—didn’t want to sign him and count on him and find out later he doesn’t check out and miss out on others as a result. His age and injuries combined to hurt him here and I’m glad to have him back as a #4 because I expect he will see a lot of action. 4WR sets are more and more common and Humphrey can cover TE. It’s a good move.

Has anyone noticed that we’re targeting defense in FA and mostly avoiding offense? I think this may be our “blueprint” if not already mentioned—sign defense and draft offense.
1. The defense needs far more attention. Its older and has some noticeable weaknesses.
2. You're now extremely young on offense, which most teams don't try to turn over young segments. Our Oline will almost certainly feature 5 starters on rookie deals, and your QB, WR and TE are all on rookie deals.

We'll add offense in the draft, but that's primarily because the positions you would want to add (WR and interior Oline) are very difficult to find in FA, so you're likely forced to go the draft route.

I think its pretty clear the FO wasn't confident in being able to upgrade Dline or maybe even pass rush in the draft. They feel confident they can get Oline and WR in the draft. Just a reflection of talent coming out of the draft, in my eyes.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
how are you feeling today, Flex
A lot better. I was scared shitless for a little while but then it all leveled out and somewhat went away, it’s pretty clearly some kind of minor cold. But man when I woke up yesterday morning and just walking to the bathroom had me gasping for air you couldn’t convince me I wasn’t a goner. By the end of the night I felt perfectly fine other than tickly sinuses and mild congestion and cough.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1. The defense needs far more attention. Its older and has some noticeable weaknesses.
2. You're now extremely young on offense, which most teams don't try to turn over young segments. Our Oline will almost certainly feature 5 starters on rookie deals, and your QB, WR and TE are all on rookie deals.

We'll add offense in the draft, but that's primarily because the positions you would want to add (WR and interior Oline) are very difficult to find in FA, so you're likely forced to go the draft route.

I think its pretty clear the FO wasn't confident in being able to upgrade Dline or maybe even pass rush in the draft. They feel confident they can get Oline and WR in the draft. Just a reflection of talent coming out of the draft, in my eyes.
I need to watch more IOL, I haven’t much st all this year. I picked back up on biadasz, I’ve watched muti, Damien Lewis, Cushenberrys senior bowl practice, and I think that’s about it, other than the one game I watched of Robert Hunt today who I can say I was genuinely impressed with. I watched a shitload of IOL last year and I just haven’t felt like watching them this year

rossihunter2

Staff Member

there's some quality DL in this draft but the EDGE talent is sparse and not particularly deep either - im continuously finding that when im mock drafting there's never a point in the first 5 rounds where an EDGE is close to BPA on the board at that point

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I need to watch more IOL, I haven’t much st all this year. I picked back up on biadasz, I’ve watched muti, Damien Lewis, Cushenberrys senior bowl practice, and I think that’s about it, other than the one game I watched of Robert Hunt today who I can say I was genuinely impressed with. I watched a shitload of IOL last year and I just haven’t felt like watching them this year

robert hunt is my OG 2 behind wirfs (who on my board is a guard) and ahead of muti who i have as OG 3 just ahead of Lewis as OG 4

in terms of guards to watch some stuff on to see what you think: Shane Lemieux from Oregon, John Simpson from Clemson, Jonah Jackson from Ohio State, Ben Bredeson (and Michael Onwenu) from Michigan - in fact you might as well just watch any Michigan game because all 3 of the IOL are nice draftable prospects - Ruiz at center, Bredeson at LG and Onwenu at RG

the other guy who might be of interest given that you liked robert hunt is the guy who actually played RG for louisiana-lafayette just inside him... Kevin Dotson who i really like but was snubbed by the combine

if i were prioritising id say watch lemieux and bredeson to get your thoughts on them

at C the only guy left off your list for me would be matt hennessey - hennessey is the only C i have graded before day 3 except for the consensus top 3: Ruiz, Cush and Biadasz

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A lot better. I was scared shitless for a little while but then it all leveled out and somewhat went away, it’s pretty clearly some kind of minor cold. But man when I woke up yesterday morning and just walking to the bathroom had me gasping for air you couldn’t convince me I wasn’t a goner. By the end of the night I felt perfectly fine other than tickly sinuses and mild congestion and cough.
I do no someone that both husband and wife have covid-19. The 13 yr old was in the house alone for a while before the older sister .... about 18 yrs older came and picked her up. Lives in a different location.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's some quality DL in this draft but the EDGE talent is sparse and not particularly deep either - im continuously finding that when im mock drafting there's never a point in the first 5 rounds where an EDGE is close to BPA on the board at that point
I agree. I don't think we're done addressing the Dline either, as I expect we'll add a body or two in the draft. I just think its a position that would be hard for us to have available in the first round or two.