• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is not the coordinator firing I was expecting or wanting lol. I'm quite shocked, that this happened so soon, I wasn't expecting any announced changes until Monday. Though it is interesting that it says Harbaugh and Don had a talk and decided to move on, so perhaps Harbaugh is no longer being loyal and realizing when he needs to make a change.

So..... switch to a 4-3? Stay with a 3-4? Going to be curious what this means for our defensive personnel.
I might be in the minority but I'd love to see a switch to the 43

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love y’all for that thought… y’all crack me up

I’m with you on Roman Sizz but Johns a great coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocker! Expected Roman gone before Wink. I mean Lamar has regressed since 2019. There have been plenty of chatter on hear about how and why Roman is holding Lamar back, but I honestly didn’t expect either one to get the ax with the number of injuries to key players on both sides of the ball.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not saying he is currently in the hot seat... but next year if we don't make playoffs you don't think he will be in yhe hot seat?

If we’re a healthy team and he just flops than yes i could see him possibly being on the hotseat. He is a solid coach though , right up there with Tomlin, Andy Reid, and Sean Payton. The only guy i out above them is the hoodie

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is not the coordinator firing I was expecting or wanting lol. I'm quite shocked, that this happened so soon, I wasn't expecting any announced changes until Monday. Though it is interesting that it says Harbaugh and Don had a talk and decided to move on, so perhaps Harbaugh is no longer being loyal and realizing when he needs to make a change.

So..... switch to a 4-3? Stay with a 3-4? Going to be curious what this means for our defensive personnel.

Good point about scheme. I think you look at your young stars and rolls with what they are most comfortable with.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Genuinely stunned by this move

got to think the timing is a confluence of 2 things

1) were about to rebuild the defence so if we’re going to change philosophy now is the time to do it before we’re about to add a loaf of new parts
2) harbs already knows who’s replacing him - no way he makes this move if he doesn’t 100% know who the successor is

which makes me think it’s 3 guys: Chris Hewitt, Anthony Weaver, Mike McDonald (back from Michigan)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Genuinely stunned by this move

got to think the timing is a confluence of 2 things

1) were about to rebuild the defence so if we’re going to change philosophy now is the time to do it before we’re about to add a loaf of new parts
2) harbs already knows who’s replacing him - no way he makes this move if he doesn’t 100% know who the successor is

which makes me think it’s 3 guys: Chris Hewitt, Anthony Weaver, Mike McDonald (back from Michigan)

51375248-5B71-44F8-81DB-EC8A5B0CD4D0.jpeg

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we switch to a 4-2-5 package which means we can also move on from BWill or a NT in general.
I expect them to fire Roman until Monday.
But in the end I see why it made sense to move on for either party. Wink may also be a great college HC who i think has got recruiting talent

Simba

Staff Member
I hope we switch to a 4-2-5 package which means we can also move on from BWill or a NT in general.
I expect them to fire Roman until Monday.
But in the end I see why it made sense to move on for either party. Wink may also be a great college HC who i think has got recruiting talent

This is kinda my hope coming out of this, although I'm not entirely convinced it'll happen. We have some talented players and I'd love to see them put in more positions to win 1 on 1 matchups. I totally understand the essence of a 2 gap scheme and how it can be effective but I feel like the NFL is trending so far away from that and it's time to adjust.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is kinda my hope coming out of this, although I'm not entirely convinced it'll happen. We have some talented players and I'd love to see them put in more positions to win 1 on 1 matchups. I totally understand the essence of a 2 gap scheme and how it can be effective but I feel like the NFL is trending so far away from that and it's time to adjust.
Felt this way since Greg mattison days when we had haloti ngata playing a shit ton of 2 gap

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah I’m fine with dumping Wink after we’ve seen like 3 decent pass rushers turn elite after leaving here, I just really hope it’s a package deal

Wink's scheme was so predicated on the coverage sacks and injuries to the secondary just made that impossible to keep up. Watching ZDS leave go to Green Bay and have much more success, then Judon reaches double digit sacks for the first time in New England, it's like ok maybe we aren't using them correctly which would have to do with the scheme.

Shocker! Expected Roman gone before Wink. I mean Lamar has regressed since 2019. There have been plenty of chatter on hear about how and why Roman is holding Lamar back, but I honestly didn’t expect either one to get the ax with the number of injuries to key players on both sides of the ball.

I truly believe the big reason Lamar has regressed is due to the inconsistencies/injuries on the Offensive Line. Roman's play calling leaves a lot to be desired and if it's announced he is fired Monday, then that's fine too. Yanda retired and that's when everything started trending down. We brought in DJ Fluker who was ok but then injuries would cause us to move him out to Tackle and same with other players. Stanley got hurt then we moved OBJ to Left Tackle, etc.

We just kept moving people around and our offensive line really couldn't develop a chemistry. We signed AV to be our RT, then Stanley's recovery wasn't where it was so we had to move him to Left Tackle. I think if we fix our OL, we fix most of the issues with our offense. Lamar or Huntley mostly didn't have time to let the play develop because they had an Edge rusher in their face within seconds. You give Lamar time, he'll make things happen, it seemed when the play broke down he felt the need to turn into super man and always go for the big play which would lead to stupid interceptions.

Simba

Staff Member
Felt this way since Greg mattison days when we had haloti ngata playing a shit ton of 2 gap

I know he's been pretty inconsistent, but I salivate at the idea of Madubuike getting to do a lot more 1 gap type of stuff. He. gets it on occasion but I feel like that could really simplify things for him and build on that consistency.

And then I think we know the deal with our edge rushers.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know he's been pretty inconsistent, but I salivate at the idea of Madubuike getting to do a lot more 1 gap type of stuff. He. gets it on occasion but I feel like that could really simplify things for him and build on that consistency.

And then I think we know the deal with our edge rushers.
Letting oweh and madubuike just pin their ears back on obvious passing down is gonna be major