• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don’t care enough about this discussion to give you examples. We’ve never really had sufficient space but that’s kind of the point. It’s because we’ve tried to squeeze the pennies from the dollars by bringing on budget talent that just isn’t up to par at times. That’s also a part of managing your cap and resources. Yeah, I like the budget guys but sometimes it’s like “dude, what are you thinking bringing in Michael Huff will solve your problems?”

At some point we need to stop settling for budget players and realize we can’t fill every hole. Sometimes having a body for the sake of it is worse than just accepting the weakness. If we didn’t make some of those budget moves we’d have more cap space too.
To be fair, it was a Huff/Elam combo that was going to solve all our problems.
Oh, and Arthur Brown.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It just kinda sucks. Russ to the Broncos adds another top tier competitor and you can see just obvious moves that make other AFC foes like the Bills and Chargers even better.

I know that people are clowning the Steelers for Trubisky but like come on. Mitch will be better than whatever the 2022 version of Ben was gonna be.

Who is the AFC is worse today then they were yesterday? Pretty much no one. I know there's nothing we can really do but it just kinda sucks.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ahhhh I understand now thank you. Honestly that's an incredibly reasonable opinion. The only small pushback is that you only described the offense. For a little while the offense will basically be as good as its going to be. The defense is imperfect and reduction in capital will hurt that side more so than offense. As a front offense if you're going to offer LJ that extension you've gotta believe that he and the offense you've put around him can win without an top 5 defense. I think they obviously believe that and that's why they're trying to proceed.
Right, but we've seen great QBs win without stellar defenses. It's not realistic to think Lamar is ever going to have lots of weapons, a stud Oline, and a great defense all around him.

At least not at the price point he will be seeking.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
Emmanuel Ogbah says we were one of the teams involved

Interesting... this combined with the interest in Za'Darius seems like we're not afraid to spend for an edge. Makes you wonder who else we're in on. That market hasn't moved a ton yet.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

RUMORS

Bradley Bozeman is drawing interest from Giants, Jets, Bengals and Panthers. [Wilson]

The Ravens are pursuing Unrestricted Free Agent Za’Darius Smith [Pelissero]

Calais Campbell “loves the Ravens” but wants to go through a ‘normal free agency process.’ [Anderson]