• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not a cap expert. This seems like the kind of deal where you give a guy 2/3 or 3/4 of what he wants and then a roster bonus after a point in the next contract year that finagles the desire for a 1 year deal. But I would like him on a 3 year too. If for no other reason than to mentor and play less in the last of the deal.
Well the other thing is, at the moment, it doesn't appear to me that the Rams can afford that deal either, so it may be wishful thinking on his part.

Rams could probably do some restructures to make the room for that, but that would need to happen before the deal is signed. Rams basically have the same amount of cap space that the Ravens do at the moment.

If Wagner is truly looking for a one year deal at $10M+, I think he'll struggle to get it from either of those two teams. He'd probably have to look elsewhere.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Is it just me or does it seem like phase one of FA was actually crazy and pretty fast and we should have been experiencing phase 2 already but it's been just really quiet league wide? It feels like phase 3 already and I just have this feeling like we missed phase 2.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can you imagine comes out the gate and stinks up the joint?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With regard to the change in practice regimen: I like the fact that Harbaugh considers his practices could be a problem in terms of how they're organized. That tells me they've really done a deep dive into the injury situation and one of the considerations must be his own practice regimen. So, they're going to revise it to see if injuries subside.

they did say they'd turn over every stone and im guessing they identified some things that may make a difference and they'll see
rams probably a good example to follow since mcvay took over - no starters in preseason and stuff like that

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How do you determine if a guy can play both sides? Is it them showing that they could actually play there in college, or are there traits that can project which side they'll do best on?

normally you want to see evidence that they can play on both sides but it doesnt necessarily have to be at tackle... i feel confident that trevor penning can shift to RT because ive seen him play RG in 2019, i feel ok about jamaree salyer at LG despite mostly playing LT and RG in college because he's shown the ability to play in both directions

but sometimes it can just be about traits - at LT you're schematically in our offence more likely to be left on an island (or maybe have a back come and chip) so i need to see some range and the ability to redirect through your pass set - while most teams do have good edge rushers on both sides, and it's not true that the best edge always rushes from the blindside, it is still true that you often want your LT to be a more comfortable pass setter with the ability to vertical set and 45 degree set with balance

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
love this kid, absolutely love this kid.

BTW, Harbaugh just got extended

Ravens signed head coach John Harbaugh to a three-year extension through the 2025 season.​

It's all well and good from Steve, but the biggest takeaway from me is he basically acknowledged pessimism of a deal getting done this year.

Ravens have been pretty transparent publicly that a deal getting done is largely up to Lamar at this point. He's the one driving this process.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
AB dropping hints.

Bobby who?

#cometotheravens

F9E5230F-826A-45F8-B154-25A65C5C0DD1.png