• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
with this 11 person draft class, it will be interesting if any of the UDFAs stand out enough to make the team. I say one of them make the team because of how deep this class was but it will be close.

Simba

Staff Member
with this 11 person draft class, it will be interesting if any of the UDFAs stand out enough to make the team. I say one of them make the team because of how deep this class was but it will be close.
WR and LB look like the hot spots right now for a UDFA to crack through. Really hard to see any other position, as of right now of course.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Someone tell Marcus and Jarvis to kiss and make up because we need him on the team - speed be damned. I don’t like any of the other free agent WR’s unless Odell is rehabbing nicely and it doesn’t sound like Toney will be moved and I can’t think of another realistic trade candidate

JAAM

Hall of Famer
But does anyone else think it’s going to be difficult to recruit a free agent with the recent Hollywood drama? It seems as if everyone and their mom acknowledges Roman as the issue except the front office

Reactions: cdp

Simba

Staff Member
But does anyone else think it’s going to be difficult to recruit a free agent with the recent Hollywood drama? It seems as if everyone and their mom acknowledges Roman as the issue except the front office
I still think it's completely overblown. Like yeah Hollywood is mad but he's mad because it doesn't allow him to get stats and ultimately, his money. Not everyone has the same thing at the forefront of their mind.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I still think it's completely overblown. Like yeah Hollywood is mad but he's mad because it doesn't allow him to get stats and ultimately, his money. Not everyone has the same thing at the forefront of their mind.
Yea but we’re talking about WRs lol. I can’t name any worth a damn that don’t give a shit about stats and money

Simba

Staff Member
Yea but we’re talking about WRs lol. I can’t name any worth a damn that don’t give a shit about stats and money
Guys that are good enough to make that money don't hit the open market. And if they do, we aren't paying them $25M. So who exactly are we not able to recruit in this instance?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Guys that are good enough to make that money don't hit the open market. And if they do, we aren't paying them $25M. So who exactly are we not able to recruit in this instance?
It just scares me that a WR might be turned off at the thought of our offensive system. I felt this way even before Hollywood’s trade. Maybe I’m overreacting, but I just can’t see the incentive for a solid veteran WR to come here especially if they’re trying to rehab their value

Last edited:

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who is out there for WR/Rb for FA/Trades that we can realistically get and that could make a impact?

Will Fuller would be a perfect. Too bad hes made of glass.

I wonder which WR might be on the trade block after the draft?

My dream is us trading for Terry McLaurin. They did just draft a 1st round WR. Pretty Please Dan!

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

jarvis landry has spent years playing with baker mayfield and before that a bunch of also-rans on dysfunctional offences...
i doubt he's gonna have any issues coming to play for lamar and the ravens

it's completely overblown i think - if there's in-house unhappiness and dysfunction, there's absolutely no way roman would still be here - Harbs is not the same coach he used to be, he's not doing stuff in spite of the players and there's no way Lamar's dissatisfied with the offensive system or Roman would be gone

we've heard Dez complain when we had to reduce the offence because we had DJ Fluker and Tyre Phillips at tackle and no WRs either...
the only other guy who's complained is Hollywood who claims he spoke up on behalf of other guys in the room

there's enough player power on our offence now with Lamar and Andrews that if there was an issue, it wouldnt be an issue for long

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Who is out there for WR/Rb for FA/Trades that we can realistically get and that could make a impact?

Will Fuller
Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham Jr (although he's unlikely to be playing football until November)

if not those guys then i think you're looking at a trade if you want to find a starter
everyone else on the market are role player types at best

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Will Fuller
Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham Jr (although he's unlikely to be playing football until November)

if not those guys then i think you're looking at a trade if you want to find a starter
everyone else on the market are role player types at best
I'd be good with anyone of them

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't care about the vet receiver we'll add.

I'm just happy we again have 2 legit edge rushers on the roster long term - November, December, playoff, it doesn't matter when - and a DC who will actually let them rush.

First time since Suggs and Dumervil.

and they get to grow together too - and they deliver elite athleticism but slightly different frames and skillsets
and we've got bowser on the cheap too
and maybe daelin hayes can get over his injury troubles and deliver on the flashes of promise he showed last year

we probably sign a vet to tide us over until Ojabo's able to be back
but it does unfortunately mean that Ferguson probably survives cutdown day

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
and they get to grow together too - and they deliver elite athleticism but slightly different frames and skillsets
and we've got bowser on the cheap too
and maybe daelin hayes can get over his injury troubles and deliver on the flashes of promise he showed last year

we probably sign a vet to tide us over until Ojabo's able to be back
but it does unfortunately mean that Ferguson probably survives cutdown day
Just you watch, McDonald will make Ferguson find another home and get his modest bag.