• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
One more move and we solidify the O Line. I hope Lamar can trust the men in front of him and carve everyone up next season.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I actually have little to no interest in bringing in another new guy. I'd be astoundingly happy if we could bring back as many as we can of Calais, Bynes, Ricard, Bozeman and Averett.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep love his games vs bucs.. other than their front 4, he is a big reason why they play them so well on defense

he's part of the reason the front 4 was so effective - he was making brady hold the ball - brady was trying to play mindgames and move him off his spot and he was rigidly not taking the bait which forced brady to hold the ball and let the pass rush get home

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's part of the reason the front 4 was so effective - he was making brady hold the ball - brady was trying to play mindgames and move him off his spot and he was rigidly not taking the bait which forced brady to hold the ball and let the pass rush get home
Same reason our defense was so effective against him when we had Ed. Brady never wanted to let the ball leave his hand until he was certain 20 wasn’t nearby, that extra second put Brady in a lot of sacks

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also curious what this means for Ja'Wuan James. I'm all for T depth but Moses is a better (and healthier) version of him. Have a little bit of savings there if you want to risk it. Mekari now the super sub/potential C option and would still think you want to add someone that can play LT in the draft.

im kinda for keeping him (as long as the ravens are satisfied with his medicals etc.) - yes he would save some cap but he's only gonna count just over 3m anyway which i think is a bargain

would understand if they got rid of him but also with the way OL injuries happen, if he stays it's inevitable there'll be snaps for him somewhere

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
so we can either cut him for a 3m savings or keep him as insurance. We certainly don't need to cut him now.

We getting ahead of ourselves with the “whelp good bye Jawuan James.” talk already. We don’t even know the health of Stanley. At the very least, let’s see them all at training camp. After the 2021 season, more bodies won’t hurt lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We getting ahead of ourselves with the “whelp good bye Jawuan James.” talk already. We don’t even know the health of Stanley. At the very least, let’s see them all at training camp. After the 2021 season, more bodies won’t hurt lol

right now we've got 4 tackles that, if healthy, we wont mind seeing the field
if we cut james, we suddenly have 3 again and with stanley's injury that's a massive risk to take and probably forces us to go to the draft (we may go to the draft anyway but keeping james allows us the ability to not have to reach on a tackle)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
right now we've got 4 tackles that, if healthy, we wont mind seeing the field
if we cut james, we suddenly have 3 again and with stanley's injury that's a massive risk to take and probably forces us to go to the draft (we may go to the draft anyway but keeping james allows us the ability to not have to reach on a tackle)

Yup. or if Mekari gets moved inside, James could be the swing tackle. Far to early to tell and it isn’t saving that much to cut him now. Don’t see why people already calling for us to cut James lol