• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
speaking of vaccines… i cant wait to tell my kids and grandkids about the era where people disliked and outed others because they didnt wanna take vaccine… then 1 yr later, those same people had nothing to say about their women family members rights being taken away…. Dnt respond guys, just wanted to let yall know that me and the fam gonna be laughing at you all lol
It's not close to apples to apples of course, but it is quite funny.

Simba

Staff Member
No brainer for Carolina there. Unfortunately, they also have Darnold and his almost $19M guaranteed hitting the cap this year.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think there could be devin hesters but its harder now since they kick from like 25 now right?
Touchback is to the 25. Greatly reduces the number of run-backs.
Punt returns are in similar mold. At best, a punt returner is going to average around 2-3 returns per game. Plus, offenses just aren't punting as much anymore.

Last year there were two punt returns for a TD total, league-wide. It was in the 5-7 range the previous couple years. The days of having somebody return multiple punts for a TD in a season are pretty much gone.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to trade for Robby Anderson and save him from all these mid QBs

4D5C85FC-3B2F-4DFA-8FE3-DAB465380BBF.jpeg

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Paid pennies on the dollar for him.
It's somewhat surprising he took a pay cut to get out, but Cleveland has screwed the pooch on this since day one, so he probly saw it as a reasonable cost to get outta Dodge. He's not in a bad spot in Carolina. This is like the Tannyhill signing the Titans made when they were still deciding on Mariota. Mayfield has some upside... maybe not as much as RT going to Nashville, but... getting a 1st rounder for a 5th is generally highway robbery.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I only like Beasley for his hands. Couldn't care less about his politics. But he'll likely be available into the season and only signed by a team needing an injury replacement. So if we were to need that, we could do it then. I'm more interested in using and evaluating the guys we have first. Two new drafted TE's potentially on the roster that could do all that Beasley would offer anyway. Everyone talking about Likely, I am intrigued by Kolar.

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
I am a firm believer that the NFL tries to get its refs to call more pentalies on kickoffs and punts so they can slowly phase it out of games
Yep I am in the same boat as far as that line of thinking goes. I just wish the NFL would leave the game the way it is; gonna get to the point where it will be absolutely aggravating and just boring to watch regardless if our beloved Ravens are playing or not.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am a firm believer that the NFL tries to get its refs to call more pentalies on kickoffs and punts so they can slowly phase it out of games
Maybe. Kick returns are also extremely easy ways to block in the back, considering you've basically got one unit with 11 guys running full speed all in the same direction, and the other trying to defend it. Angles are tough in that spot.