• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Charm City

Pro Bowler
he costs too much against the cap
I agree 4.5 mil is a bit much for a WR/KR but if you assume you’ll have to invest a pick, which we have few of, and/or sign a 1 or 2 FAs to replace his offense and ST production idk if you can get that much of a better deal given the market.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Waller traded to the Giants for a 3rd compensatory

lol what?
they only just re-signed him in september...
if they knew the coaching staff didnt want him then why'd they extend him

and then why would they trade him for barely anything lol...

feel like surely the giants are gonna be after a WR in free agency too (or the draft also) and then that offence is pretty well stocked for Daniel Jones and Brian Daboll to play with

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
lol what?
they only just re-signed him in september...
if they knew the coaching staff didnt want him then why'd they extend him

and then why would they trade him for barely anything lol...

feel like surely the giants are gonna be after a WR in free agency too (or the draft also) and then that offence is pretty well stocked for Daniel Jones and Brian Daboll to play with
Yeah wtf are the Raiders doing? I'm feeling very bad about this whole off-season for us so far

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree 4.5 mil is a bit much for a WR/KR but if you assume you’ll have to invest a pick, which we have few of, and/or sign a 1 or 2 FAs to replace his offense and ST production idk if you can get that much of a better deal given the market.

for a returner to be costing 4.5m, he better be a legit weapon - maybe with the old kickoff rules, he'd be worth it but not in this age

demarcus robinson last year cost a quarter of what duv is gonna cost this year if we retain him - we'll likely be able to replace his WR production and probably improve on him for less than what he costs right now

Charm City

Pro Bowler
for a returner to be costing 4.5m, he better be a legit weapon - maybe with the old kickoff rules, he'd be worth it but not in this age

demarcus robinson last year cost a quarter of what duv is gonna cost this year if we retain him - we'll likely be able to replace his WR production and probably improve on him for less than what he costs right now
True but Robinson doesn't have the return ability that he does, even if teams return kicks less and less every year. I'm assuming that we'll need to sign/draft two players to replace Duvernay which is at least a pick + vet min or two vet min contracts which would be at least half his salary in the most ideal scenario. Not to mention that we'll likely get some sort of comp pick if we retain him this year since he'll be a FA WR next year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True but Robinson doesn't have the return ability that he does, even if teams return kicks less and less every year. I'm assuming that we'll need to sign/draft two players to replace Duvernay which is at least a pick + vet min or two vet min contracts which would be at least half his salary in the most ideal scenario. Not to mention that we'll likely get some sort of comp pick if we retain him this year since he'll be a FA WR next year.

or someone we draft/sign offers return ability
we have tons of special teams guys who play just special teams every year - not much different to a returner who barely plays

and a draft pick and a vet to cover duv's roles is not really an issue given that we're looking to revamp the whole WR position anyway - it's not like it's creating a squeeze on the roster at other positions

no one's gonna pay enough to duv for it to get us a comp pick

Charm City

Pro Bowler
or someone we draft/sign offers return ability
we have tons of special teams guys who play just special teams every year - not much different to a returner who barely plays

and a draft pick and a vet to cover duv's roles is not really an issue given that we're looking to revamp the whole WR position anyway - it's not like it's creating a squeeze on the roster at other positions

no one's gonna pay enough to duv for it to get us a comp pick
You actually don't think Duvernay will attract enough attention to receive even a 7th round comp pick? Oliver was TE3 on our roster, albeit a good TE3, but still got a contract worthy of a 5/6 round comp pick. Even if he plays at his current level next year he's still a pro bowl returner and the market for WRs is significantly more expensive than TEs. I'm just hoping that if he stays he'll factor into the comp pick equation.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
LMFAO