• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ie we won't get a comp pick for losing Geno Stone due to his void years. Is that what you are saying @rossihunter2

that's not what i mean at all
some of the void deals allow for you to still factor players into the comp pick formula where those old contracts with dummy years at the end where you'd have to cut the player to create the same pro-rating mechanism didnt

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
some of the void deals allow for you to still factor players into the comp pick formula where those old contracts with dummy years at the end where you'd have to cut the player to create the same pro-rating mechanism didnt
I didn't think any voidable years contract was eligible for comp picks. Is Geno Stone eligible?

Charm City

Pro Bowler
This is absolutely 1000% the moment to use those gymnastics and go all in for next couple years.
If you're good at drafting you don't need to ever go all in, just look at the Chiefs this year. You need to be adaptable and take the best players available while not sinking the little cap space you have into players who aren't worth their contracts and have some luck with avoiding debilitating long term injuries (ie Stanley). Letting Stanley go next year opens up 20mil in cap space, Marlon opens up 18mil if he's post June 1st. That is more than enough money to rebuild between this and next offseason if we don't kick more of that money down the road.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you're good at drafting you don't need to ever go all in, just look at the Chiefs this year. You need to be adaptable and take the best players available while not sinking the little cap space you have into players who aren't worth their contracts and have some luck with avoiding debilitating long term injuries (ie Stanley). Letting Stanley go next year opens up 20mil in cap space, Marlon opens up 18mil if he's post June 1st. That is more than enough money to rebuild between this and next offseason if we don't kick more of that money down the road.
I think we're a long ways off about talking about cutting Marlon. I'm not even sure why that's a topic at this point.
Keep in mind that, today, Lamar costs $11M more next year than he does this year. And that's before he gets restructured this offseason, which he will.
And every restructure you do this year, which there will be many, will result in larger cap hits next year. So while it's appealing, you can spend a lot of that $20M quickly on guys who are simply on the roster already. If Madubike gets an extension, he'll cost more. Hamilton and Linderbaum are both extension eligible in 2025. Oweh is likely to get his 5th year option picked up, meaning his cap hit will skyrocket in '25 unless he's extended before that.

Bottom line... there's players you can cut, but a lot of that $ is just going to be spent on players already on the roster.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

You have any type of link for this?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Let’s fucking go!!!