• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Looks like a 1 year deal on the surface so no biggie. Take a shot on a guy in the draft as well and it’s a solid looking room now.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
IMG_2090.jpeg

we ride.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Heard rumors of Clowney going to the Seahawks. Any confirmation on these reports?

Means we most likely picked Henry. Would have loved him back, but understand why he'd go with Mac. Wish him the best.
we thought that last year and then got nearly 10 sacks each from Clowney and KVN, got decent play from cast-off guys in the secondary in Darby and Maulet, got average starter level guard play from Simpson etc. etc. etc.
Exactly. People seem to have a short term memory on when and why those guys were signed. Didn't we only get Darby last week of preseason when ALL our cbs seemed to get hurt?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I love my life man

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Means we most likely picked Henry. Would have loved him back, but understand why he'd go with Mac. Wish him the best.

Exactly. People seem to have a short term memory on when and why those guys were signed. Didn't we only get Darby last week of preseason when ALL our cbs seemed to get hurt?
In the first month of FA last year, we signed OBJ, Agholor, Hill (re-signed), Stone (re-signed) and Nick Moore.

Not exactly murderers row of spending. Everybody else we added (RYS, Darby, Clowney, Van Noy, etc.) were closer to the draft or after it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's kinda selling me on it

but draft someone too...
Henry's 30 with a ton of mileage
Keaton's coming off a major leg injury - even if he's practicing before the beginning of the regular season it's unlikely he'll be fully healthy before december

still need someone other than justice to add to this backfield - clearly we dont trust justice in a big game to get carries (outside of 3rd down work) so need someone else that we do trust/we can develop

rossihunter2

Staff Member

literally only picked him up because marlon got injured
he was only available because he'd only just got healthy enough to pass medicals coming off an injury the previous year

Sooky

Pro Bowler

that's kinda selling me on it

but draft someone too...
Henry's 30 with a ton of mileage
Keaton's coming off a major leg injury - even if he's practicing before the beginning of the regular season it's unlikely he'll be fully healthy before december

still need someone other than justice to add to this backfield - clearly we dont trust justice in a big game to get carries (outside of 3rd down work) so need someone else that we do trust/we can develop

I usually would hate a RB signing, but if anyone can play through the wear and tear it’s 6’12 505 lbs Derrick Henry. Lamar and an improved o line for him I believe will open him up more than the last couple years in Tennessee.

I’m just curious how the offense will look. Does Lamar sit under center this year?