• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I usually would hate a RB signing, but if anyone can play through the wear and tear it’s 6’12 505 lbs Derrick Henry. Lamar and an improved o line for him I believe will open him up more than the last couple years in Tennessee.

I’m just curious how the offense will look. Does Lamar sit under center this year?

probably at a similar rate to last year i reckon
watching some 2023 henry last night and he was running out of shotgun a lot more than in some previous years (like with Arthur Smith)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the thing at WR is regardless of whether we add anyone to compete for actual WR snaps (and i think we will because we've got no one beyond the top 3 and it's a questionable top 3) - we need guys who can compete for WR 5 and 6... Tylan's the favourite for the returner spot right now but he's also one of the better gunners on the roster so we have holes that you'd normally fill with WRs and or CBs there too

would be shocked if we're not adding at least 1 guy who we'd hope could give us valuable WR snaps
would be even more shocked if we're not adding at least 1 guy who has back of the 53 man roster special teams value

OL we may look at someone who was in a similar situation to john simpson last offseason (although we acquired him earlier than free agency) - someone like dalton risner as a guy who we can sign for super cheap who has average starter level upside if put in a good system with talent around him - but not looking at a big signing on the OL - no imminent sign of a Morgan Moses cut which means we really only have true holes at guard (although i cant imagine we pass up on this OT draft class if there's someone we like)

id be surprised if we didnt try and find someone to come in at outside CB but not sure there's many Ronald Darby-esque guys out there (that was a pretty lucky situation last year) - and i cant imagine they think JAD is reliable or ready to play significant snaps - and we wont find reliable outside CB play with any potential year 1 impact outside of the first 2 (maybe 3 at a push) rounds in this class

my guess is we'll wait on EDGE - Clowney's got form for not signing early, and the ravens have form for not signing guys early recently either - not sure it's a market that's awash with guys who'd be as obvious fits as Clowney was last year but also notable we havent cut Bowser yet (surprisingly)

the upshot of all this being... i dont think we're signing anyone in this first phase unless it's a derrick henry signing or if michael onwenu's price magically isnt close to robert hunt's
I think Onwenu already was signed.

Queen City? I thought that was Cincinnati?

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Nelson Agholor as the 5th receiver in 3 WR sets
Keaton as the change of pace back

not a bad start

just need to sort out the gaping holes at guard and the tackle play lol

If Keaton is good to go, I'd have no problem with the only offensive pieces drafted being OL. Obviously depends on who falls but you get my point.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
A Steelers fan on Reddit commented “how do you field a defense with the size and physicality to stop Henry, and the speed to catch Lamar?” This signing is actually scaring a lot of other fans, and I am now at full candy corn