• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
they've basically said - we werent gonna keep you with a 26m cap hit in 2025 (with 20m potential savings) anyway so we're just gonna remove that possibility now anyway - and now you get to be a free agent in 2025 rather than waiting for us to cut you...

idk why else ronnie would agree to this reworked deal unless they were truly willing to cut him in 2024

i think this makes it even clearer that OT is definitely on our minds this year in preparation for Ronnie's possible/probable departure in 2025
What if he turn things around this season?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He's not top 20, quite possibly not even top 25, but that still makes him a starter in my view.

Chicago never put him in an offense that remotely suited him, so he could look better in the right situation. I'm not saying he's on their level, but how would Hurts have looked in a pure dropback offense, or Tua in a scheme that didn't use any quick game?
Tua still isnt good imo.. i dnt even think he is good enough to win a SB. Neither is fields

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Hmmm wonder if the ravens would be interested in trading for Zach Wilson?. I know he has been bad but he still has upside and probably more than any of the back up quarterbacks the ravens have now but just a thought

Simba

Staff Member
Hmmm wonder if the ravens would be interested in trading for Zach Wilson?. I know he has been bad but he still has upside and probably more than any of the back up quarterbacks the ravens have now but just a thought
Don’t see a point in him or really any of these options. They’re being moved because they aren’t good enough. Don’t see much sense in moving an asset or committing more than the minimum or so for someone that doesn’t help us win if they have to enter the game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Welcome to Philadelphia, Kenny Pickett.
Pickett found out about the trade, Tomlin told him Russell was the starter and Pickett asked to be traded. Curious of any other teams were involved, seems like Pickett wanted to start but clearly he isn't starting over Hurts.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The only issue I think with OBJ is his price tag. If he just took the minimum, I think he would be someone everyone would bring in

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
IMG_8078.jpeg

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure, maybe, I wouldn’t even mind Fields but not for anything higher than a 4th and I also don’t want to pay him lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
People were questioning Lamar because he had spent 3 years regressing and ended the last 2 early with injury. Those are red flags and people were right to raise them because they are issues that matter.

However lets talk Fields for a second. Lets talk about every team in the NFL right and look for ones who you could argue would bring him in to start. In the AFC you have Denver, who are in a full rebuild the next 2 years so are not going to be looking to get a QB for 1 year anyway, the Steelers, who are taking their shot with Wilson, and the Raiders but I am not sure he could beat out Minshew (yes he has been that bad). In the NFC you have just the Vikings but, aside from the fact that I do not think he can beat out Darnold, everyone knows from their trade earlier what they are looking to do in the draft so the QB position is about to be fully occupied.

Fields fundamentally does not have good enough mechanics to be a starter in the NFL. The entire rest of the NFL realizes this and are not pulling the trigger on him to start which means any trade for him is going to probably be a day 3 pick and the Bears have to make peace with that.

God you and tank get so boring with the way you talk about Lamar lol

It’s so transparent