• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I am not really trying to be subtle about it. I have him as the 2nd or 3rd best QB right now and I think I had him at 6 or 7 before the season due to the injury concerns. If you think Lamar is worse than that I would love to know the justification. Similarly, if you have him over Mahomes I would love to know that justification as well. I have never really hidden my position on him though

It’s not about where you rank him, it’s about how you talk about him

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s not about where you rank him, it’s about how you talk about him
As an elite QB who had an injury red flag because he missed significant time 2 years in a row? That is not a matter of debate. When you get injured in back to back seasons and miss significant time that is a major injury concern. It is the reason I would not have Burrow in the top 3 right now because he has had 3 injuries in 2 years that caused him to either miss time or significantly hamper him.

The other valid concern was that of his 4 full time starting years his best year (which was an amazing year that I dont think any QB will replicate) was his first and his 2nd best was his 2nd season starting. I would honestly wonder how anyone could reasonably question that fact. Now that his 2nd best is last season that concern is also laid to rest. Rodgers has a similar red flag in that it has been 3 years since I have seen him play good football so I would probably have him either low in the top or out of the top 10.

I do not know how you falsely convinced yourself that I have something against Lamar but it is complete nonsense that has no basis in reality. I talk about him the same way I talk about every QB where I talk about the good and the bad. The standards for Lamar are of course higher because he is an unquestioned top 2-3 QB who may very well have reached that early Peyton Manning level where you have done everything there is to do in the regular season to the point where anything before January doesn't help his legacy anymore. Again that is very good company to be in but I suspect you might twist that into some imaginary slight again.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
As an elite QB who had an injury red flag because he missed significant time 2 years in a row? That is not a matter of debate. When you get injured in back to back seasons and miss significant time that is a major injury concern. It is the reason I would not have Burrow in the top 3 right now because he has had 3 injuries in 2 years that caused him to either miss time or significantly hamper him.

The other valid concern was that of his 4 full time starting years his best year (which was an amazing year that I dont think any QB will replicate) was his first and his 2nd best was his 2nd season starting. I would honestly wonder how anyone could reasonably question that fact. Now that his 2nd best is last season that concern is also laid to rest. Rodgers has a similar red flag in that it has been 3 years since I have seen him play good football so I would probably have him either low in the top or out of the top 10.

I do not know how you falsely convinced yourself that I have something against Lamar but it is complete nonsense that has no basis in reality. I talk about him the same way I talk about every QB where I talk about the good and the bad. The standards for Lamar are of course higher because he is an unquestioned top 2-3 QB who may very well have reached that early Peyton Manning level where you have done everything there is to do in the regular season to the point where anything before January doesn't help his legacy anymore. Again that is very good company to be in but I suspect you might twist that into some imaginary slight again.
I am not on the Rodgers Hype train for sure

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It's a conditional 6th. YIKES. Who'd have thought? That likely makes him the presumed back-up with upside to start if Russell Wilson struggles?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We own Russ. Fields I’m not worried about at all. Yawn

Simba

Staff Member
Josh Johnson got a fully guaranteed deal at the minimum, so pretty much a given that he's here and probably a good chance that means 3 QBs again