• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Apparently Huntley signing a veteran minimum deal, which means there was virtually no market for him. Good chance that he's available after final cuts because I totally forgot about DTR. Huntley basically just accepted a camp body job.

also suggests that the ravens had zero interest in retaining him which means a new QB2 unless they're happy with josh johnson (but if they were happy with josh johnson then he would have been the QB2 in 2023 too)

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh I’d 100% get it. I’ll never say a guy shouldn’t take the money. The irony of his agent making it a point that he had fun and wanted to be back and then possibly going to Carolina is just a wild departure lol
They should take the money! The NFL is a ruthless and cutthroat business. These organizations will chew you up, use you up, and then spit you out when they feel that you no longer have any value to them. So, while these players are marketable, they need to get what they can and as much as possible.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
H

have we had any players in past that did this?
Plenty. And many that those teams have had that we've signed too. Easy to forget that there are probably no players we (and they) know more than the rivals because you play them twice a year every year. Much easier to scout and see how they fit into the puzzle.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's tempting to buy a Derrick Henry Ravens jersey... but I'm trying to hold off until we get back to the Super Bowl to buy a jersey.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean he was great as a rookie but since then he has been more name than game.

Assuming we can't keep Clowney, he would be an instant upgrade to what we currently have. 7.5 sacks last year.

24 years old.