• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

this on the other hand
void years are clearly a thing here

I thought it was odd that they went zero void years originally for this. Made no sense to me. This one makes more sense.

Fun fact... for 2026, Lamar + Madubuike are scheduled to combined count ~$105M against the cap. Obviously that won't be happening.

Simba

Staff Member
Down to 8 FAs and 2 cuts left on the market...

Odell Beckham
Tyus Bowser
Jadeveon Clowney
Dalvin Cook
JK Dobbins
Arthur Maulet
Sam Mustipher
Kyle Van Noy
Daryl Worley
Rock Ya-Sin

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This is why we needed to win the damn super bowl last year
I agree. That meltdown was brutal. They've got a lot of work to do between losing coaches and players. And I'd argue that they even need to have a draft where a good number of players can come in this year to contribute. They need to contribute to the depth pool and be able to get in the game regularly. Of course there will be late cuts from other teams, but our cupboards are getting bare.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
You could argue we still need to sign...

1 RB
1 WR
2 OL
1 OLB
1 ILB
2-3 DB
Hopefully, the draft can take care of most of those because a lot of them are needs for depth rather than starters.

To be able to line up and play we only really need a Safety but luckily that's a buyers market, with loads of good vets who'll be available cheaply.

It feels like we need a veteran Edge rusher, but maybe it just feels that way because we're the Ravens and we always have one. Again, we're lucky that the market has a lot of options that could be cheap.

RB3, ILB4, Saf4 and OL depth all feel like spots we can fill on Day 3 or with UDFAs.

That leaves O line, CB3 and WR 4/5 as positions we would ideally fill on Days 1 and 2 of the draft. Though we'll need to be incredibly lucky for it to fall that way and for them all to work out.

I'd like them to find some money to fill one of those spots with one more vet to give us some leeway.

Last season, Clowney, Van Noy, Darby, Maulet and SImpson were all late or cheap signings. Maybe we can get lucky again.

Simba

Staff Member
Hopefully, the draft can take care of most of those because a lot of them are needs for depth rather than starters.

To be able to line up and play we only really need a Safety but luckily that's a buyers market, with loads of good vets who'll be available cheaply.

It feels like we need a veteran Edge rusher, but maybe it just feels that way because we're the Ravens and we always have one. Again, we're lucky that the market has a lot of options that could be cheap.

RB3, ILB4, Saf4 and OL depth all feel like spots we can fill on Day 3 or with UDFAs.

That leaves O line, CB3 and WR 4/5 as positions we would ideally fill on Days 1 and 2 of the draft. Though we'll need to be incredibly lucky for it to fall that way and for them all to work out.

I'd like them to find some money to fill one of those spots with one more vet to give us some leeway.

Last season, Clowney, Van Noy, Darby, Maulet and SImpson were all late or cheap signings. Maybe we can get lucky again.
They're certainly not all must sign positions by any means, but you could certainly argue that we could sign any or all of those - cap withstanding of course.

Just illustrating that we're still pretty light on depth and more veteran additions are going to have to be made at some point.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They're certainly not all must sign positions by any means, but you could certainly argue that we could sign any or all of those - cap withstanding of course.

Just illustrating that we're still pretty light on depth and more veteran additions are going to have to be made at some point.
With Chase Young off the table, I think we are being patient with Clowney making the rounds. I think we would like to extend him and possibly KVN at a later point as well. That being said, I could see them going a different route an adding another veteran offensive lineman.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

I would say your list was pretty accurate - maybe a bit light on DBs, if anything. You could argue they need to find 3 Safeties and 2 Corners (unless JAD or Pepe looked to be improving)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would say your list was pretty accurate - maybe a bit light on DBs, if anything. You could argue they need to find 3 Safeties and 2 Corners (unless JAD or Pepe looked to be improving)
We also have to remember Ar'darius Washington looked good before he was injured early in the season