• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Kinda surprised we let 3 guys go on OL.

Simpson makes 1000000% sense. You can find that level of play for cheaper from someone on the roster right now.

Morgan and Kevin were both older but neither a bad player by any means. Seems unlikely to me we will even be neutral in terms of the OL this year compared to next.

Simpson can probably be a wash rn.
A high draft pick can wash one of the other 2 in the best case.
A late FA signing can probably wash the other in the best case.

Not really surprised. Seem like the team want to get younger and more athletic at the offensive line position. Morgan and Zeitler may have been good last year but it's possible they weren't good fits going forward for the way Monken wants to run his offense going forward.

Simba

Staff Member

Simpson makes 1000000% sense. You can find that level of play for cheaper from someone on the roster right now.

Morgan and Kevin were both older but neither a bad player by any means. Seems unlikely to me we will even be neutral in terms of the OL this year compared to next.

Shows a very clear desire to get younger on the OL. They’ve always had the mantra that it’s better to more on a year too early than a year too late. Dividends of the choice may not be paid out immediately but they clearly look to be banking on this insane OL class for the long haul.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not really surprised. Seem like the team want to get younger and more athletic at the offensive line position. Morgan and Zeitler may have been good last year but it's possible they weren't good fits going forward for the way Monken wants to run his offense going forward.
I hope that's true. I also hope they have a real plan because I'm not really seeing how you can 2 really good players very easily. And you need 3 total.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Shows a very clear desire to get younger on the OL. They’ve always had the mantra that it’s better to more on a year too early than a year too late. Dividends of the choice may not be paid out immediately but they clearly look to be banking on this insane OL class for the long haul.
You think EDC is confident because of the depth there's gonna be at least 1 late RD1 guy they really highly value at OL?

Simba

Staff Member
You think EDC is confident because of the depth there's gonna be at least 1 late RD1 guy they really highly value at OL?
I’m still early into it but there are guys that could start from day 1 all the way through round 3 in my eyes. Hard to believe OL won’t be BPA at some point. Don’t think they’re pigeonholing themselves into round 1 OL but the board lines up very well for that possibility.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I’m still early into it but there are guys that could start from day 1 all the way through round 3 in my eyes. Hard to believe OL won’t be BPA at some point. Don’t think they’re pigeonholing themselves into round 1 OL but the board lines up very well for that possibility.
For sure they'll go BPA. Either the depth will persist and there will be a top OL, or because there were so many OL taken a really great guy elsewhere will be available

Simba

Staff Member
For sure they'll go BPA. Either the depth will persist and there will be a top OL, or because there were so many OL taken a really great guy elsewhere will be available
Yep I would assume that they're banking one at least 1 of the 3 open spots being filled by a young guy already on the roster. Think they'd be open to adding a modest vet (a la John Simpson when we first picked him up) if the opportunity presented itself before the draft. Otherwise, no need to rush it. See how the draft plays out. Good chance we walk away with someone. If not, the guys on the market now are the same guys (or very similar) that will likely be on the market after the draft too.

I think we will have a high draft pick rookie at RT, probably Cleveland at RG, who has looked good there but shit elsewhere and then a cheap vet at LG. Obviously a lot of question marks but not beyond the realm of possibility that it's an actual improvement.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we're in an OL rebuild
will be highly likely we'll be better in 2026 than in 2024

doesnt mean we'll definitely suck in 2024 though - there's just a few more question marks going through the season... if Stanley can improve from last season (not unlikely) and you can find a rookie who starts day 1 then you're in a decent position for a complete OL rebuild

in a way, we've got loads of OL flexibility with our 1st round pick (if that's the way we do go) because we can take any OL at any position (unless they're a C only prospect) in that spot

rossihunter2

Staff Member

would not be surprised, if the board falls the right way, if we come out of day 2 with 2 OL in our first 3 picks...

Simba

Staff Member
would not be surprised, if the board falls the right way, if we come out of day 2 with 2 OL in our first 3 picks...
Yep it lines up really well for us to have options early on. Would be surprised if there’s not at least 1 new OL on this time come then end of day 2.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep it lines up really well for us to have options early on. Would be surprised if there’s not at least 1 new OL on this time come then end of day 2.

i could easily see a scenario where at the end of R1 we end up with a guy at IOL who's dropped into our lap or even one of the highly touted RTs somehow falls (like Guyton)... or even a guy like Jordan Morgan (who im not a huge fan of but that seems to be the consensus area of where his value is) who could maybe be a RT or might be an IOL convert (same for someone like Barton

but could easily see a scenario where we come out of day 1 (or early day 2 after a small trade down) where we grab an immediate starter to fill either RT or one of the G spots

and then circle back around with either our 2nd or 3rd pick and grab a guy who's falling because a bunch of teams got their guy early and because he's not necessarily an immediate starter like Patrick Paul who's a guy with LT tools who could sit behind Stanley as his backup and develop

obviously the dream is if somehow a Fautanu or Mims fell but looks like both of those guys are going top 20

could also see it the other way around too (the more conventional way) where we grab a guy like Kingsley Suamataia with the 1st pick then look at IOL a little later

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe our first round pick is going to be OL or CB and may be WR but that’s less likely. I would be a bit surprised and wondering who fell if we go in any other direction.