• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
This is almost solely related to a tiny draft class, but wild fact I saw... of the 24 players that debuted for us last season, only 8 remain with the team as of now

Currently on the roster:
Agholor, Cunningham, Flowers, Maulet, Mitchell, Robinson, T. Simpson, Wright

FA limbo:
Adams, Beckham, Clowney, Cook, Gordon, Mason, Mustipher, Treadwell, Van Noy, Ya-Sin

Gone:
Chisena, Darby, Houston-Carson, Moon, Ott, J. Simpson

Highlights just how much turnover there will be because a good chunk of the guys in limbo will not be returning. Only had 5 rookies take a snap for us last season.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This is almost solely related to a tiny draft class, but wild fact I saw... of the 24 players that debuted for us last season, only 8 remain with the team as of now

Currently on the roster:

FA limbo:
Adams, Beckham, Clowney, Cook, Gordon, Mason, Mustipher, Treadwell, Van Noy, Ya-Sin

Gone:

Highlights just how much turnover there will be because a good chunk of the guys in limbo will not be returning. Only had 5 rookies take a snap for us last season.
It's just crazy how many of those were late additions with no real expectations. Not Clowney or OBJ,l but most that list. Shows we can either get value late or maybe our guys can step up. The biggest thing to me is this DC change.

Simba

Staff Member
We've kinda known it all along but some actual credence to the thought that we'd like Clowney back. Seemingly letting him do his rounds. Betting we have a standing offer out there and telling him to come back if he gets any others.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep it lines up really well for us to have options early on. Would be surprised if there’s not at least 1 new OL on this time come then end of day 2.
interesting how it always seems to line up for us. Meaning the strength of the class is what we are looking for and I certainly don't think it's a coincidence at all. I truly believe the best front offices are playing chess, not checkers.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

Currently on the roster:

FA limbo:

Gone:

I just want Clowney back .

Simba

Staff Member
Not what he used to be at all but don’t hate it for a low price no guarantee kind of deal

Would have to be in addition to bringing in someone in the draft (somewhere) too methinks

No way would we be relying on his knee to be our WR4 - probably also limited to being a vertically based x receiver type
Same. Don’t hate it but don’t love it, pending price of course. I’d like to think this is more of a medical check and don’t call us, we’ll call you type of thing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not what he used to be at all but don’t hate it for a low price no guarantee kind of deal

Would have to be in addition to bringing in someone in the draft (somewhere) too methinks

No way would we be relying on his knee to be our WR4 - probably also limited to being a vertically based x receiver type
I wouldn't hate this for the right price. He's not a bad receiver and is a good route runner. Definitely liked him coming out of school. Last year he had 521 yards on 40 receptions, including the 6 receptions and 103 yards he had in the postseason. I wouldn't mind it as long as it didn't stop us from drafting another receiver.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Same. Don’t hate it but don’t love it, pending price of course. I’d like to think this is more of a medical check and don’t call us, we’ll call you type of thing.
definitely not going to pay him what the idiot Browns paid Jeudy.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I saw Gallup was available and feared this might happen. After all, he was just about the most underwhelming receiver available, so that sounds like a Raven.

We know his name. His body's broken. He's years past his best. Welcome to Baltimore. Welcome to 184 yards and 1 TD (wide open on a red zone scramble drill).

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lol, somebody already updated Gallup's wiki page

1710977634637.png

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I saw Gallup was available and feared this might happen. After all, he was just about the most underwhelming receiver available, so that sounds like a Raven.

We know his name. His body's broken. He's years past his best. Welcome to Baltimore. Welcome to 184 yards and 1 TD (wide open on a red zone scramble drill).

Hmmm I think between him , Tyler Boyd, Chase Claypool, Micheal Thomas, and Allen Robinson he probably would be the better choice. So it definitely could be worst outside of him. I'm aware that he has lost a step which is understandable given his past injury but I wouldn't be mad if the team signed him. I think as fans we want to see the team sign a wide receiver that can be a number 1 or number 2 at best but that guy just isn't available and if he is then it's probably a receiver that is injury prone. Ravens probably will need to still draft a receiver anyway but potentially add a guy like Gallup shouldn't be considered a liability. Ravens fans felt a certain way about Nelson Agholar being signed last year so who know maybe Gallup might benefit being in a different offense especially with Lamar being his quarterback

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Hmmm I think between him , Tyler Boyd, Chase Claypool, Micheal Thomas, and Allen Robinson he probably would be the better choice. So it definitely could be worst outside of him. I'm aware that he has lost a step which is understandable given his past injury but I wouldn't be mad if the team signed him. I think as fans we want to see the team sign a wide receiver that can be a number 1 or number 2 at best but that guy just isn't available and if he is then it's probably a receiver that is injury prone. Ravens probably will need to still draft a receiver anyway but potentially add a guy like Gallup shouldn't be considered a liability. Ravens fans felt a certain way about Nelson Agholar being signed last year so who know maybe Gallup might benefit being in a different offense especially with Lamar being his quarterback
Of your list of suggestions, Tyler Boyd is by far the best, but he'll be the most expensive.

I'd much rather we picked a WR from a strong draft, to give us more stability going forward and to make the position less urgent in next year's draft. Gallup's presence would give us 5 WRs and probably drop the position down the list of draft priorities - especially this season where we probably have more needs than picks.

Gallup can't separate anymore. That's a bad fit for Lamar, who has always liked targeting separators much more than ball winners.

Bad WRs aren't just a neutral thing. They waste downs and series by not getting open and giving the QB somewhere to go.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will Gallup one tiny benefit of the doubt: it is not uncommon for players to be off that first year back from a knee injury and then be better the second year back. I don’t think this is the case but it is not impossible and he is still in his prime years.