• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hamilton is a movable piece, but that doesn't mean you need two safety looks on every down either. In a 4 WR set, your safeties are playing coverage a lot. Especially if we continue to play more Zone.

Your 3rd or 4th outside corner is likely already on the roster, and if we add one, I wouldn't expect it necessarily to be until the 3rd or 4th round. If we end up taking a Corner in the first, so be it, but its not a "need". We took JAD and Pepe in the 4th round two years ago. It's time they step up.
Now that we have had them for a couple years we should know by now if we feel they are good enough to step up, if we need them. Although I wouldn't pigeon hole a cb in the first or second round, I'd prefer we draft one early.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that we have had them for a couple years we should know by now if we feel they are good enough to step up, if we need them. Although I wouldn't pigeon hole a cb in the first or second round, I'd prefer we draft one early.
Well injuries are a factor in why they haven't been playing in some cases. If everybody is healthy, they're not going to see tremendous playing time anyway, because guys like Marlon and Stephens are every-snap players. Basically your entire four-man secondary is.

I'm not sure that Darby is a Raven last year if Pepe was healthy. And they paid $4M for RYS last year. I don't think they'll be doing that again for a guy who played like 25% of defensive snaps, and that's with multiple injuries at Corner.

They'll be drafting a Corner. Maybe two. Because they literally always do. Probably late day 2 or early day 3 if somebody doesn't jump off the page to them in late round 1.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well injuries are a factor in why they haven't been playing in some cases. If everybody is healthy, they're not going to see tremendous playing time anyway, because guys like Marlon and Stephens are every-snap players. Basically your entire four-man secondary is.

I'm not sure that Darby is a Raven last year if Pepe was healthy. And they paid $4M for RYS last year. I don't think they'll be doing that again for a guy who played like 25% of defensive snaps, and that's with multiple injuries at Corner.

They'll be drafting a Corner. Maybe two. Because they literally always do. Probably late day 2 or early day 3 if somebody doesn't jump off the page to them in late round 1.
and Stephens is going into year four and unless we extend him prior to the draft, we want to be prepared and why I think they draft a CB prior to day 3. Yes, that may be the 3rd round as you said in your initial post.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Love this pickup. Been good in spurts at T, less so at G.

PFF stated that he was good at left tackle unless I got it wrong. He probably could play right tackle though but seems like they hinted that he plays better at left tackle. If true I wonder if the ravens attempt to move Ronnie to left guard or just overall have them compete against each other

Simba

Staff Member
PFF stated that he was good at left tackle unless I got it wrong. He probably could play right tackle though but seems like they hinted that he plays better at left tackle. If true I wonder if the ravens attempt to move Ronnie to left guard or just overall have them compete against each other
Don't think Ronnie is in any danger of losing his job to Jones. Think Jones adds some competition and depth to the interior spots and RT, probably with little guarantee. He's seemingly settled into a guy that won't kill you if he has to come in and play a spot for a few games, but isn't a sure fire starter either.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't think Ronnie is in any danger of losing his job to Jones. Think Jones adds some competition and depth to the interior spots and RT, probably with little guarantee. He's seemingly settled into a guy that won't kill you if he has to come in and play a spot for a few games, but isn't a sure fire starter either.
He is Patrick Mekari but less versatile.

Simba

Staff Member
Moses and Zeitler info from my guy... wanted to get younger on the OL but also concerns with the bodies starting to break down. Both have been battling things for the last 2 years and it came to a head for both of them last year. Didn't feel confident it was all going to get better.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
PFF stated that he was good at left tackle unless I got it wrong. He probably could play right tackle though but seems like they hinted that he plays better at left tackle.
Interesting. I wonder if this is a hint that Mekari is going to be their preferred starter at RT and Jones is being brought in to back up Ronnie on the left?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Darby has already been signed by the Jaguars