• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Gary Barnidge and Other FA TEs

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Gary has made some impressive catches and plays against us. He is a very solid player who got screwed by playing on the mistake on the lake. He to me is what Maxx Williams was going to be. We can lock in a solid tight end but we could also see what we can get out of our guys. Let me know who you think we should get.

The Raven

Veteran
I'm all for Barnidge and don't even care to read another name. He defies logic in the way he blossomed so late in life but I think he and Joe would work well together. This dude has taken us to the woodshed a time or five so I'm in to bring him here.

But that does beg the question: why bring him in if we have Watson? Is he an upgrade? I mean, Barnidge is six years younger, but he's still 31. If we think Barnidge is an upgrade over Watson, bring him here. If not, no.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It was the one bizarre draft day move from Cleveland - I mean they released him without really knowing if njoku would work out - and anyway tight ends don't really develop that quickly so they immediately gave themselves a deficit - and I can't believe they are throwing this year away as well because 1-15 would get them all fired which would undo all their good work

So releasing barnidge did confuse me a little as does the fact he's still not been re signed