• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Top 10 Favorite Ravens All Time

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
personal favorites, not necessarily greatest
1. ray lewis
2. flacco
3. derrick mason
4. ed reed
5. sizzle
6. JO
7. yanda
8. SSSr
9. c-mac
10. heap
Jamal and mosley gets barely edged out

imo the greatest...
1. ray
2. JO
3. reed
4. yanda
5. sizzle
6. mase
7. jamal
8. boulware
9. heap
10. flacco

not including short term rental type players for my greatest list, only guys who felt like career ravens. big flacco fan, he brought qb stability finally and a magical sb run, but in terms of a guy being among the leagues best at their positions, id say he belongs around there

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
since you're going favorites and not who I think is best.

1 Bennie Thompson. My first favorite Raven ever.
2 Ray Lewis. Watched him from start to finish and he's the greatest MLB in football and I've seen quite a few.
3 JO. Had a bad game against Dwight Freeney and out of the whole time that's the only one I remember.
4 Ed Reed. Don't lateral it Ed.
5 Tony Siragusa. Charismatic. Taking QBs out. Whats not to like?
6 Kelly Gregg. An overachiever that just seemed to be always coming out of the pile.
7 Jamal Lewis. Give Jamal the ball.
8 Marshal Yanda. Maybe the toughest Raven ever.
9 Joe Flacco. Well I own a home jersey and a road jersey
10 SSSr. Would love to lump Boldin and Mason here

Tank

Hall of Famer
since you're going favorites and not who I think is best.

1 Bennie Thompson. My first favorite Raven ever.
2 Ray Lewis. Watched him from start to finish and he's the greatest MLB in football and I've seen quite a few.
3 JO. Had a bad game against Dwight Freeney and out of the whole time that's the only one I remember.
4 Ed Reed. Don't lateral it Ed.
5 Tony Siragusa. Charismatic. Taking QBs out. Whats not to like?
6 Kelly Gregg. An overachiever that just seemed to be always coming out of the pile.
7 Jamal Lewis. Give Jamal the ball.
8 Marshal Yanda. Maybe the toughest Raven ever.
9 Joe Flacco. Well I own a home jersey and a road jersey
10 SSSr. Would love to lump Boldin and Mason here

This pretty much mirrors what would be my list, save removing Bennie, Ray and SSS. I'd replace them with.......

Jarret Johnson - JJ was a work horse that could be depended upon, and he is just a nice guy. His Monday morning radio spot was the best.

Adalius Thomas - He was like a machine for a few years, sure tackler and always around the ball. Just seemed to be everywhere all the time.

Todd Heap - Great hands and never left anything on the field. Also one of "The Good Guys". My heart breaks every time I think about what he is going through this year.

Of course Haloti has to be included. At one time he performed amazing, next to impossible feats for a man his size. Just a freak of an athlete.

Funny you have Buddy Lee on your list. I was thinking I may be the only one that would include him. lol

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
This pretty much mirrors what would be my list, save removing Bennie, Ray and SSS. I'd replace them with.......

Jarret Johnson - JJ was a work horse that could be depended upon, and he is just a nice guy. His Monday morning radio spot was the best.

Adalius Thomas - He was like a machine for a few years, sure tackler and always around the ball. Just seemed to be everywhere all the time.

Todd Heap - Great hands and never left anything on the field. Also one of "The Good Guys". My heart breaks every time I think about what he is going through this year.

Funny you have Buddy Lee on your list. I was thinking I may be the only one that would include him. lol

I actually overlokked Heap and would replace the three headed WR crew I had listed. Todd Heap will always be in my prayers. What he's going thru is just unfathomable.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
1. Sizzle
2. Joe
3.Ed
4.Ray
5.Jimmy
6.BWill
7. Pollard
8.Q
9.SSR
10.Torrey Smith

Sizzle is easily my favorite player I'm not looking forward to his retirement at all... I alternate his and Joes jersey every Sunday

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was new to the Ravens family in 2014, so my list doesn't go as deep. This is not in any specific order

1. Ed Reed - he retired before I was a fan but I had fun watching him.
2. CJ Mosley
3. Brandon Williams
4. Joe Flacco
5. Marshal Yanda
6. Steve Smith Sr.
7. Justin Tucker - one day he will break the record
8. Jimmy Smith
9. Terrell Suggs
10. Eric Weddle - enjoyed watching him in San Diego. The secondary needed his leadership.

I believe Ozzie Newsome, Eric DeCosta and Jim Harbaugh should be included on this list in one way or another.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1. Sizzle
2. Joe
3.Ed
4.Ray
5.Jimmy
6.BWill
7. Pollard
8.Q
9.SSR
10.Torrey Smith

Sizzle is easily my favorite player I'm not looking forward to his retirement at all... I alternate his and Joes jersey every Sunday
Not trying to be a dick in the slightest, just an honest question, did you become a ravens fan during the harbaugh era? Based on that list it seems you might be lol

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Not trying to be a dick in the slightest, just an honest question, did you become a ravens fan during the harbaugh era? Based on that list it seems you might be lol

I've been a ravens fan all of my life ever since I can remember because my uncle was but I'm only in my 20s so i was too young to actually remember before 2006 I'd say I became a die hard fan 2008 I was a junior in high school so yes the harbaugh era was the begaining of my actual true fandomship! I don't take that as a slight at all though just because I'm guessing the ages vary here!

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I enjoyed pollard for one reason his physicality I really think he brought a lot of Grit to the field and I loved it I'll never forget the hit on Stevan Ridley in the AFCCG

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
My personal favourites would be:

1) Todd Heap
2) Edwin Mulitalo
3) Ray Lewis
4) Justin Tucker
5) Joe Flacco
6) Dennis Pitta
7) Terrell Suggs
8) Ed Reed
9) Trevor Pryce
10) Brandon Williams

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) Ed Reed
2) Ray Lewis
3) Haloti Ngata
4) Todd Heap
5) JO
6) Terrell Suggs
7) Joe Flacco
8) Justin Tucker
9) Adalius Thomas
10) Peter Boulware

Tank

Hall of Famer
My personal favourites would be:

1) Todd Heap
2) Edwin Mulitalo
3) Ray Lewis
4) Justin Tucker
5) Joe Flacco
6) Dennis Pitta
7) Terrell Suggs
8) Ed Reed
9) Trevor Pryce
10) Brandon Williams

It was tough for me to leave off Pryce. His TO air guitar performances were epic!

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
1) Ray Lewis
2) Ed Reed
3) JO
4) Marshal Yanda
5) Jermaine Lewis
6) Terrell Suggs
7) Kelly Gregg
8) Tony Siragusa
9) Haloti Ngata
10) Orlando Brown

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
1] Ed Reed
2] Steve Smith
3] Ray Rice
4] Terrell Suggs
5] Ray Lewis
6] Haloti Ngata
7] Anquan Boldin
8] Marshal Yanda
9] Cary Williams
10] Lardarius Webb

Last edited:

Sooky

Pro Bowler
1. Ed Reed
2. Johnathan Ogden
3. Ray Lewis
4. Marshall Yanda
5. Derek Mason
6. Terrell Suggs
7. Ray Rice
8. Jimmy Smith
9. Todd Heap
10. Bart Scott

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
1. Lardarius Webb - The guy is such a class act. He puts the team first and just wants to be a Raven!
2. Art Modell - Since it says "Raven" and not "Player" how could you not put this guy on the list. I love this man!
3. Derrick Mason - The guy was amazing and had such heart.
4. Ray Lewis - IMO G.O.A.T. Middle Linebacker
5. Ed Reed - IMO G.O.A.T. Free Safety
6. Jonathan Ogden - IMO G.O.A.T. Left Tackle
7. SSS - I admit I had a hard time getting over the Boldin trade, then SSS got here.
8. January Joe - That 2012 post-season was absolutely amazing!
9. Todd Heap - He was a beast.
10. Le'Ron McClain - I can't really explain this. He was certainly not the greatest fullback the Ravens have ever had, that is for sure, but I think he won me over because he was the first in the fight whenever someone took a cheap shot at my man Joe! When I wanted to jump through the TV and rip someone's helmet off for hitting Joe after the play was over, Le'Ron was always there to do it for me.