• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Mock Off-Season

Cuts-

Tony Jefferson(7m) pretty certain this is going to happen with the way Chuck stepped in and played, along with Deshon coming back next year

Brandon Carr(6m) i dont care if he is always available and healthy, he is garbage and is always getting burnt or destroyed in the run game, maybe a solid depth piece but not for 6m cap

James Hurst(2.75m) self explanatory, he’s awful and we can pick a backup T in the draft for cheaper

This would put us at almost exactly 50m in cap to work with(6.5 for the draft)

Resign-

Jimmy Smith(2yrs 15m) I would love to see Jimmy back, if we get rid off Carr we would have Marlon, Peters, Tavon, Averett, and Iman as our CBs...and we all know what happens if one of them goes down, Jimmy is a monster in the run game, super physical presence on the outside that will allow us to play nickel and dime again next year especially with Tavon coming back which would allow us to move Marlon back outside. I just think overall he is worth a slight risk to resign with how good he is when he’s healthy, why break up our insane secondary?

Jihad Ward(1yr 2.5m) He played solid for us and would definitely welcome him back for us to use a rotational player.. showed some good things rushing the passer and stopping the run at times, wouldn’t hurt to have more depth especially with our potential losses in Judon/Pierce/Mcphee/etc.

Pernell Mcphee(1yr 4.5m) Really went back and forth with Pernell. He was a very underrated loss to us, before he went down he was our best edge setter in the ground game and was also having a solid start to the year getting to the QB. I dont want to see us resign Judon as he never shows up when it matters and is way too inconsistent to get the contract he will be looking for. Pernell will not only allow us to have someone to set the edge next year but also provide veteran leadership.

Jordan Richards(1yr 750k) we are losing alot of special teamers in the off season and he was one of our best ones

Brynden Trawick(2yrs 2.25m) another one of our best STers, solid in the coverage unit

Tender-

Matt Skura(2nd round tender, projected 3.25m) 100% we place either a 1st or 2nd round tender, pretty self explanatory

Gus Edwards(ERFA, projected 1.5m)

Easy decision as well

Let everyone else walk, i dont see either Pierce or Judon as worth the contracts they will get, and they should net us some good comp picks

Free Agency-

Chris Jones(5years 95m) When is the last time we have had this good of an interior rusher? The answer is never, even prime Ngata was never as good as Jones at getting to the passer(albeit Ngata was much better in the run game, that doesn’t mean Jones is a slouch though). Jones would drastically change the way Wink could call plays, and allow us to actually have a fuckin push up front for once and not rely on sending 7 just to even get close to the QB. Jones could play all over our line and would be a fuckin monster here.

Joe Thuney(3yrs 25m) We need help badly jn the interior, especially if Yanda retires(rumors swirling). If Yanda retires, he would free up 7m in cap and that would essential equal out to Thuneys contract. Even if Yanda stays, Thuney would fit right in here, he is very good at getting to the next level and working in space, should be under the radar as far as FAs go and would be a great signing, allowing us to not be forced to grab a G early in the draft

Carl Nassib(2yrs 7m) 12.5sacks, 20tfl, and 25qb hits over the past two years. Should be cheap and he would be another rotational piece who is very good in the run game. Really like him and he would be a very good piece for us

Jones and Thuney would most likely cancel out Judon/Peanut for comp picks, but we would still get a 3rd or 4th for Pierce as Nassib would cancel out one of our later ones for the rest of the guys we let walk

And now finally,

The Draft-

1st Pick 28- K’Lavon Chaisson(Edge)

One of my favorite players in the draft, i think he lasts until our pick. Physical freak who is relentless as a pass rusher, great first step, great bend to set the edge, great hand usage and a variety of moves to work with. Needs to work on his run support but thats why i have us resigning Mcphee and obtaining Nassib, plus he has all the tools to improve in that area. He can drop back in coverage at times just like Judon did and would allow us to be very creative up front with him and chris jones coming after you. Really, really like this kid. Probably my most watched player so far, as far as film wise.

2nd pick 60- Michael Pittman Jr(WR)

Super physical receiver who would pair well will Hollywood. He is a monster in contested catch situations and has some of the best hands I’ve seen in this class. Very good run blocker, great at tracking the ball in air, and will overall be a huge weapon for us in the redzone. Needs to work on his hips and breaking his routes better, often times comes off the line and his breaks slow. If he works on this he will be very good for us and I like him alot.

3rd pick 93- Troy Dye(iLB)

Has good athleticism and awareness to drop in space and does a very good job of getting underneath inside receivers and carrying a TE up a seam. He plays with very good quickness when rushing the QB, but can get overwhelmed when rushing inside. He can play in sub packages due to his coverage ability. Overall he will be the best cover LB we have had in a long time. Super high IQ and super high motor player, one of my favorites as well.

4th pick 119- Lloyd Cushenbarry(Guard)

Very raw and little inexperienced, but he is a very tough and smart player. He is very good at coming out of his stance, good hand usage, great at working in space, getting to the 2nd level, and combo blocks, would be a great pick here and would compete for a starting spot at Guard

4th pick 124- Josh Uche(edge)

Wicked quick and bendy outside rusher with the potential of a top riser in this upcoming draft class. Situational rusher in 2018 who stepped into a major role in 2019 as a move piece with great versatility in terms of the gaps he won from. Effective from a two-point stance, either as a Wide-9 outside rusher or interior shooter. Flashes the ability to flip his hips on the top of the arc and has a strong first step to immediately challenge tackle depth. Incorporates a two-handed swipe to keep outside shoulder clear and present a soft edge to the quarterback. Uche should be what Tim williams was supposed to be, just let him get after the QB with his quickness and watch him go to work. He is pretty bad in the run game and gets latched on to easy, but that isn’t what we would be drafting him for.

4th comp pick- Lavert Hill(CB)

You can never have enough corners and Hill is one of my sleepers in this class, strong footwork at the line of scrimmage, regularly aligned in the face of opposing receivers and does well to stay square and patient until receiver declares release up the field. Has active hands in man coverage but isn’t grabby in doing so. Trusts keys with back to the ball to react to the eyes of receiver and flip back to find the ball late. Showcases good timing when having to extend and elevate for the football at the catch point as well. He needs to add some weight and get better at tackling, but in the 4th he would be a great pick and he reminds me of Chris Harris Jr alot

4th comp pick- Jason Stowbridge(iDL)

Originally was a 245-pound defensive end, some of that bend and flexibility are still contained and shown within his game. Although he’s not rushing up the field and forced to show his flexibility nearly as often as edge rusher, his familiarity with doing so and prior days with it happen often and he gets to the QB pretty well. As a run defender, when pullers are coming into his direction, Strowbridge is aware on how to get skinny. He needs to work on his gap responsibility as he often gets completely washed out of his gap, but that could partially be because he is inexperienced in the interior. In the 4th, he is good value and will give us someone who can rush the passer a bit in our rotation.

5th pick 153- JD Spielman(WR/Returner)

Very good Returner which is something we need pretty bad, he is super quick and good in space. Good at route running and know when to drop his hips and break. Needs to work on his concentration drops but he is mainly here to be a Returner that can play a little slot and get in the open field.

7th pick 203- Damar Hamlin(S)

He brings good, reactive athleticism to the Safety position. In the run game he displays good aggression and willingness as a tackler. He comes up hard in the run game to secure the tackle. He plays with good range on the back end and easily gets off his spot and to the football in the passing game. He demonstrates some coverage upside and does a good job finding the football when it's in the air. He needs to work on wrapping up and actually securing the tackle, and isn’t a communicator that much, but he will be a solid special teams piece that can play a little bit of S if we have an injury.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
first-pick.com

Mock Draft

Round 2 Pick 1 (CINN): Curtis Weaver, DE/DT, Boise St. (B+)
Round 2 Pick 23: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 2 Pick 28: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1 (CINN): Robert Hunt, OT, Louisiana (A-)
Round 3 Pick 28: Jordyn Brooks, ILB/OLB, Texas Tech (B+)
Round 3 Pick 42 (COMP): Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Anthony McFarland Jr., RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 4 Pick 35 (MIA): Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
Round 5 Pick 10 (S.F.): Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6 (MIA): A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31 (S.F.): De'Jon Harris, OLB/ILB, Arkansas (B)
Round 7 Pick 13 (MIA): Tanner Muse, FS/SS, Clemson (B+)
Round 7 Pick 37 (MIA): Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (A+)

Reactions: cdp

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Cuts-

Tony Jefferson(7m) pretty certain this is going to happen with the way Chuck stepped in and played, along with Deshon coming back next year

Brandon Carr(6m) i dont care if he is always available and healthy, he is garbage and is always getting burnt or destroyed in the run game, maybe a solid depth piece but not for 6m cap

James Hurst(2.75m) self explanatory, he’s awful and we can pick a backup T in the draft for cheaper

This would put us at almost exactly 50m in cap to work with(6.5 for the draft)

Resign-

Jimmy Smith(2yrs 15m) I would love to see Jimmy back, if we get rid off Carr we would have Marlon, Peters, Tavon, Averett, and Iman as our CBs...and we all know what happens if one of them goes down, Jimmy is a monster in the run game, super physical presence on the outside that will allow us to play nickel and dime again next year especially with Tavon coming back which would allow us to move Marlon back outside. I just think overall he is worth a slight risk to resign with how good he is when he’s healthy, why break up our insane secondary?

Jihad Ward(1yr 2.5m) He played solid for us and would definitely welcome him back for us to use a rotational player.. showed some good things rushing the passer and stopping the run at times, wouldn’t hurt to have more depth especially with our potential losses in Judon/Pierce/Mcphee/etc.

Pernell Mcphee(1yr 4.5m) Really went back and forth with Pernell. He was a very underrated loss to us, before he went down he was our best edge setter in the ground game and was also having a solid start to the year getting to the QB. I dont want to see us resign Judon as he never shows up when it matters and is way too inconsistent to get the contract he will be looking for. Pernell will not only allow us to have someone to set the edge next year but also provide veteran leadership.

Jordan Richards(1yr 750k) we are losing alot of special teamers in the off season and he was one of our best ones

Brynden Trawick(2yrs 2.25m) another one of our best STers, solid in the coverage unit

Tender-

Matt Skura(2nd round tender, projected 3.25m) 100% we place either a 1st or 2nd round tender, pretty self explanatory

Gus Edwards(ERFA, projected 1.5m)

Easy decision as well

Let everyone else walk, i dont see either Pierce or Judon as worth the contracts they will get, and they should net us some good comp picks

Free Agency-

Chris Jones(5years 95m) When is the last time we have had this good of an interior rusher? The answer is never, even prime Ngata was never as good as Jones at getting to the passer(albeit Ngata was much better in the run game, that doesn’t mean Jones is a slouch though). Jones would drastically change the way Wink could call plays, and allow us to actually have a fuckin push up front for once and not rely on sending 7 just to even get close to the QB. Jones could play all over our line and would be a fuckin monster here.

Joe Thuney(3yrs 25m) We need help badly jn the interior, especially if Yanda retires(rumors swirling). If Yanda retires, he would free up 7m in cap and that would essential equal out to Thuneys contract. Even if Yanda stays, Thuney would fit right in here, he is very good at getting to the next level and working in space, should be under the radar as far as FAs go and would be a great signing, allowing us to not be forced to grab a G early in the draft

Carl Nassib(2yrs 7m) 12.5sacks, 20tfl, and 25qb hits over the past two years. Should be cheap and he would be another rotational piece who is very good in the run game. Really like him and he would be a very good piece for us

Jones and Thuney would most likely cancel out Judon/Peanut for comp picks, but we would still get a 3rd or 4th for Pierce as Nassib would cancel out one of our later ones for the rest of the guys we let walk

And now finally,

The Draft-

1st Pick 28- K’Lavon Chaisson(Edge)

One of my favorite players in the draft, i think he lasts until our pick. Physical freak who is relentless as a pass rusher, great first step, great bend to set the edge, great hand usage and a variety of moves to work with. Needs to work on his run support but thats why i have us resigning Mcphee and obtaining Nassib, plus he has all the tools to improve in that area. He can drop back in coverage at times just like Judon did and would allow us to be very creative up front with him and chris jones coming after you. Really, really like this kid. Probably my most watched player so far, as far as film wise.

2nd pick 60- Michael Pittman Jr(WR)

Super physical receiver who would pair well will Hollywood. He is a monster in contested catch situations and has some of the best hands I’ve seen in this class. Very good run blocker, great at tracking the ball in air, and will overall be a huge weapon for us in the redzone. Needs to work on his hips and breaking his routes better, often times comes off the line and his breaks slow. If he works on this he will be very good for us and I like him alot.

3rd pick 93- Troy Dye(iLB)

Has good athleticism and awareness to drop in space and does a very good job of getting underneath inside receivers and carrying a TE up a seam. He plays with very good quickness when rushing the QB, but can get overwhelmed when rushing inside. He can play in sub packages due to his coverage ability. Overall he will be the best cover LB we have had in a long time. Super high IQ and super high motor player, one of my favorites as well.

4th pick 119- Lloyd Cushenbarry(Guard)

Very raw and little inexperienced, but he is a very tough and smart player. He is very good at coming out of his stance, good hand usage, great at working in space, getting to the 2nd level, and combo blocks, would be a great pick here and would compete for a starting spot at Guard

4th pick 124- Josh Uche(edge)

Wicked quick and bendy outside rusher with the potential of a top riser in this upcoming draft class. Situational rusher in 2018 who stepped into a major role in 2019 as a move piece with great versatility in terms of the gaps he won from. Effective from a two-point stance, either as a Wide-9 outside rusher or interior shooter. Flashes the ability to flip his hips on the top of the arc and has a strong first step to immediately challenge tackle depth. Incorporates a two-handed swipe to keep outside shoulder clear and present a soft edge to the quarterback. Uche should be what Tim williams was supposed to be, just let him get after the QB with his quickness and watch him go to work. He is pretty bad in the run game and gets latched on to easy, but that isn’t what we would be drafting him for.

4th comp pick- Lavert Hill(CB)

You can never have enough corners and Hill is one of my sleepers in this class, strong footwork at the line of scrimmage, regularly aligned in the face of opposing receivers and does well to stay square and patient until receiver declares release up the field. Has active hands in man coverage but isn’t grabby in doing so. Trusts keys with back to the ball to react to the eyes of receiver and flip back to find the ball late. Showcases good timing when having to extend and elevate for the football at the catch point as well. He needs to add some weight and get better at tackling, but in the 4th he would be a great pick and he reminds me of Chris Harris Jr alot

4th comp pick- Jason Stowbridge(iDL)

Originally was a 245-pound defensive end, some of that bend and flexibility are still contained and shown within his game. Although he’s not rushing up the field and forced to show his flexibility nearly as often as edge rusher, his familiarity with doing so and prior days with it happen often and he gets to the QB pretty well. As a run defender, when pullers are coming into his direction, Strowbridge is aware on how to get skinny. He needs to work on his gap responsibility as he often gets completely washed out of his gap, but that could partially be because he is inexperienced in the interior. In the 4th, he is good value and will give us someone who can rush the passer a bit in our rotation.

5th pick 153- JD Spielman(WR/Returner)

Very good Returner which is something we need pretty bad, he is super quick and good in space. Good at route running and know when to drop his hips and break. Needs to work on his concentration drops but he is mainly here to be a Returner that can play a little slot and get in the open field.

7th pick 203- Damar Hamlin(S)

He brings good, reactive athleticism to the Safety position. In the run game he displays good aggression and willingness as a tackler. He comes up hard in the run game to secure the tackle. He plays with good range on the back end and easily gets off his spot and to the football in the passing game. He demonstrates some coverage upside and does a good job finding the football when it's in the air. He needs to work on wrapping up and actually securing the tackle, and isn’t a communicator that much, but he will be a solid special teams piece that can play a little bit of S if we have an injury.

Michael Pittman seems like a decent guy too, he and his girlfriend have their own YouTube channel.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
TDN Mock Draft
Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png

Patrick Queen

LB, LSU

Robert Hunt

IOL, Louisiana

Jonathan Greenard

EDGE, Florida

K.J. Hill