• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Any Wrestling Fans in the House?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jinder deserves a run with the title right now. At worst, if it doesn't work out, they can always take the belt off him. At best, they get a new main event level or upper-mid heel.

He's vastly improved from his last run, and I love that he's got his own stable with the Bollywood Boys.

I agree! Jinder has really improved and stepped his game up as a wrestler and as a heel persona. Once again, dude is cut up and ripped and those bollywood cats with him just add to the heel persona. I'd love to see him with that title!

Last edited:

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Where is our nwo-ite brother Marine Charles?
[doublepost=1494697497,1494697387][/doublepost]
I agree! Jinder has really improved and stepped his game up as a wrestler and as a heel persona. Once again, dude is cut up and ripped and those bollywood cats with him just add to the heel persona. I'd love to see him with that title!

I like Jinders new Gimmick. However I dunno how he doesn't get busted for steroids. Even Roman was suspended for

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where is our nwo-ite brother Marine Charles?
[doublepost=1494697497,1494697387][/doublepost]

I like Jinders new Gimmick. However I dunno how he doesn't get busted for steroids. Even Roman was suspended for

He probably will at some point Sledge. He is definitely ripped and cut up like crazy! But I absolutely love his new angle as well and can definitely see him locking up that WWE Heavyweight Championship belt at some point. Sooner than later I hope.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
He probably will at some point Sledge. He is definitely ripped and cut up like crazy! But I absolutely love his new angle as well and can definitely see him locking up that WWE Heavyweight Championship belt at some point. Sooner than later I hope.

His angle is funny. Not sure wwe will put the belt on him but it really should. His veins are crazy looking. Probably from a strong harsh steroid stack halotestin/Trenbelone

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
From my understanding, I think they yanked Corbin from the match so as to save the eventual showdown between Corbin and Strowman. The most physicality those two have seen against one another was Corbin eliminating Braun, and that's probably a moment they'll reference later when they inevitably feud.

You gotta wonder...................who would be the babyface in that feud?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just got finished watching "The Resurrection of Jake the Snake" on Netflix. It was great! It dealt with helping Jake overcome his alcohol addiction. Scott Hall even joined in to receive help from Diamond Dallas Paige. DDP has an awesome program to help former wrestlers get off the drugs and the alcohol. Scott Hall even asked him for help. Of course these guys are older but to see how broke up and beaten up their bodies are now that they are done wrestling is really sad.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I just got finished watching "The Resurrection of Jake the Snake" on Netflix. It was great! It dealt with helping Jake overcome his alcohol addiction. Scott Hall even joined in to receive help from Diamond Dallas Paige. DDP has an awesome program to help former wrestlers get off the drugs and the alcohol. Scott Hall even asked him for help. Of course these guys are older but to see how broke up and beaten up their bodies are now that they are done wrestling is really sad.

Have watched it a couple times, so amazing to see how they were in such bad shape and the recovery they made under DDP Yoga. I was there in New Orleans for Mania 30 when both Jake & Scott went into the Hall of Fame. I think their journey was made even better with their inductions in 2014.

Would be interesting to see Undertaker do DDP Yoga after he gets his hip replacement surgery to get in good health during retirement.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I dont watch anymore, i was more of a WcW guy and when the attitude in WWF i was all in. I did end up going to some pay per views in memphis, tn and ended up partyin at a strip club with Carlito, Chris Masters, and a couple of other B-list and C-list guys. Such a blast

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
What do you all think about the card tonight?

WWE Championship Match

Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal
I think Mahal walks away with the win tonight.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler
Gotta give Naka his first win. Though, I could see a cheap win for Zig.

United States Championship Match
Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles
Owens retains.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs. Breezango
New tag champs. They're trending upward.

Six-Woman Tag Team Match
SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch vs. "The Welcoming Committee" Natalya, Carmella & Tamina
Heel turn for Charlotte?

Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin
Tough one. I like both dudes. Baron could afford the loss, but I'm pulling for him.

Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan
Harper

Kickoff Match
Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English
Dillinger

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What do you all think about the card tonight?

WWE Championship Match

Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal
I think Mahal walks away with the win tonight.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler
Gotta give Naka his first win. Though, I could see a cheap win for Zig.

United States Championship Match
Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles
Owens retains.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs. Breezango
New tag champs. They're trending upward.

Six-Woman Tag Team Match
SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch vs. "The Welcoming Committee" Natalya, Carmella & Tamina
Heel turn for Charlotte?

Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin
Tough one. I like both dudes. Baron could afford the loss, but I'm pulling for him.

Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan
Harper

Kickoff Match
Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English
Dillinger

Without checking to see who won if the show already began, I got the following: Orton, Nakamura, Styles, Usos, Naomi/Charlotte/Becky Lynch, Corbin, Harper, Dillinger

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not so much these days but I was massive mark back in the days. I watched it from 1989 to 2002/3ish with a passion..lost interest for a bit as the product wasn't as good IMO..

but i do watch once in a while these days..say 1-2 paperviews ( usually wrestlemania and the royal rumble)

I just find the product to be lacking in interesting dynamics. For me, 1997-2001 was the best time to be a wrestling fan.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
AJ/Owens will be the only match that rivals what we saw at NXT Takeover last night. The problem with Takeover before a main roster PPV is that they are so good that it completely shines light on the main roster issues.

Also over/under on how badly the Chicago crowd rips Mahal/Orton with CM Punk chants? I don't mind Mahal getting an opportunity but doing this in Chicago of all places may have been the only mistake in the booking of this match.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Not so much these days but I was massive mark back in the days. I watched it from 1989 to 2002/3ish with a passion..lost interest for a bit as the product wasn't as good IMO..

but i do watch once in a while these days..say 1-2 paperviews ( usually wrestlemania and the royal rumble)

I just find the product to be lacking in interesting dynamics. For me, 1997-2001 was the best time to be a wrestling fan.

It's hard for me to shy away. It has nice fluidity, but definitely lacks at times. I grew up watching around the "attitude era," so I'm a bit biased towards that time as well. It's a nice time to be a wrestling fan with the likes of everyone joining the WWE in some capacity, whether it be the main roster or NXT.

Backlash Results

Mahal did it. Though, I think he might just serve as a transitional champion, it was cool to see.

Styles/Owens stole the show and solid chemistry between Ziggler/Nakamura, as well as Breezango/Usos.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I went to the RAW live event in Greensboro, NC on Saturday. So I've been to RAW in Greensboro and Charlotte but the reaction Roman gets is insane. It was Roman vs Bray, the first minutes of the match consisted of "Let's Go Roman, Roman Sucks" chants. The heat Roman gets is just surreal.

Also Alexa Bliss is the most beautiful woman on the roster in person. Besides Alexa, I love going to live events over TV and PPV events. Less restrictions from a character/TV stand point and more fun is allowed so to speak. I know TV is strict in terms of always being in character but going to live events I just wish there was a little less restriction and wrestlers being able to have fun.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I went to the RAW live event in Greensboro, NC on Saturday. So I've been to RAW in Greensboro and Charlotte but the reaction Roman gets is insane. It was Roman vs Bray, the first minutes of the match consisted of "Let's Go Roman, Roman Sucks" chants. The heat Roman gets is just surreal.

Also Alexa Bliss is the most beautiful woman on the roster in person. Besides Alexa, I love going to live events over TV and PPV events. Less restrictions from a character/TV stand point and more fun is allowed so to speak. I know TV is strict in terms of always being in character but going to live events I just wish there was a little less restriction and wrestlers being able to have fun.

Because roman sucks from a technical standpoint yet he's booked as the face of the company (sans cena). Fans are clearly rejecting him yet he continues to be booked (Vince is to blame for this).

As for Alexa, I almost completely agree. If NXT is included in your criteria, she's second only to Liv Morgan. That's a 10/10 right there for me. Do I care that she isn't some amazing wrestler? Hell nah.