• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes but Lamar running is a big part of what makes him so good. Why abandon that in a big game?

I am coming at this from the perspective that I don't believe this is sustainable from an energy point of view.

He had 11 carries in the win against the Texans for 100 yds.

In the win against the Titans a few years back he rushed 16 times for 136 and threw the ball 24 times.

I don't think that's sustainable at all. There is no way we go into a game thinking he is going to rush that many times and throw that many times and think we are going to win.

We really don't run the ball well at ALL in the playoffs outside of him.

I am coming at this from the perspective that I don't believe this is sustainable from an energy point of view.

In the win against the Titans a few years back he rushed 16 times for 136 and threw the ball 24 times.

I don't think that's sustainable at all. There is no way we go into a game thinking he is going to rush that many times and throw that many times and think we are going to win.

Yeah I don’t disagree with that. It’s just that if you want to win a SB you have use all the weapons that you have, especially in the playoffs.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Can't remember any playoff game where the traditional running game has had success

Tank

Hall of Famer
So you’re saying the coaches can’t tell him to run the plays as called? I mean if I’m Harbaugh I’m getting in Monken’s ear hole. If I’m Monken I’m getting in Lamar’s ear hole. What was Lamar seeing that caused him to potentially check out of so many called plays? Is Monken running the offense or is Lamar?

Lamar owns his share of bad decisions and ill advised throws but I wouldn’t let the coaches off the hook completely for that shit show.
The QB has the last say in what play is run. Even if Monken called 100% pass, Lamar had the ability to check to a run.

Pretty much all of this is just speculation and conjecture because no one has come out and said why we went pass happy. What is a fact is that Lamar did not play well, or make the best decisions in what was the biggest game of his career. As others have mentioned it seems like some sort of post season mental block/issue, and we can only hope he has sought out help to get it straight. That playoff monkey on his back has gone past the gorilla stage and is now King Kong riding back there.

The QB has the last say in what play is run. Even if Monken called 100% pass, Lamar had the ability to check to a run.

Pretty much all of this is just speculation and conjecture because no one has come out and said why we went pass happy. What is a fact is that Lamar did not play well, or make the best decisions in what was the biggest game of his career. As others have mentioned it seems like some sort of post season mental block/issue, and we can only hope he has sought out help to get it straight. That playoff monkey on his back has gone past the gorilla stage and is now King Kong riding back there.
You’re right. All speculation and conjecture. We as fans rarely ever get the whole story. Mostly just a narrative that suits them. I’ll just say this: 16 rushes in 53 plays from scrimmage. Not who we are post Flacco.

Tank

Hall of Famer
You’re right. All speculation and conjecture. We as fans rarely ever get the whole story. Mostly just a narrative that suits them. I’ll just say this: 16 rushes in 53 plays from scrimmage. Not who we are post Flacco.
Right and sometimes a narrative that they see as being logical.