• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 DB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have been going through loads of wr tape and Antonio Gandy-Golden is not really worth mentioning as a WR prospect tbh

seems an odd way to start the DB thread lol

The reason i do is because i was watching him vs georgia southern and the corner matched up opposite him, kindle vildor looks like he's a majorly promising corner prospect - literally had to go into more of his tape - plays with nice technique, has good speed and hip flexibility and makes plays on the football - can get caught trying to make a play and forget about his responsibility on the back-end sometimes and let receivers get behind him trying to make a play upfield (although some of these risks seem calculated based on the situation) - he'd been on my list since standing out at the senior bowl - great looking small school gem at corner

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trevon Diggs would be awesome for a team like Seattle or another team that likes using cover 3 but also a lot of press too - not the fastest guy and not the best at transitioning or flipping his hips but in a cover 3 or zone heavy type system he could be great as a bump and run type press corner especially if he's allowed to drop into the deeper zone - he should be better in run support for his size though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Noah Igbinoghene has such a high ceiling - only played corner for 2 years but already looks like he has a good conceptual understanding of what he needs to do - some technical things he needs to work through but has the makings of a dominant press corner and has all the athletic ability to recover and transition when he does get the technical things wrong - only 20 years old too lots of room to grow - might have the highest ceiling of any corner in the class

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2 slot corners being completely undervalued because they're sub 5'11 but just like tavon young would go 2 rounds higher if they hit that number

Josiah Scott
Amik Robertson

both may go on day 3 but should definitely be day 2 picks from the tape - both good in run support - in fact josiah scott might be one of the best tacklers in the class at corner

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bold statement right here but i think i might like this corner class more than the WR class

this corner group is so deep with good players, at the top it also has one of the best 2 CBs ive graded since i started doing this - im doing a whole bunch of corners right now

but of the corners ive watched so far i have 16 day 2 or higher grades so far (less than a handful of other corners ive watched) - that's absurd - i know there are worse ones coming up but that's ridiculous already

ive got through way more WR tape and im at around 18 WR day 2 grades or higher

this corner class is absurd - i really wish we had more of a corner need because there are so many guys i love on day 2

UPDATE: i ended up with 15 corners with day 2 or higher grades (ended up dropping one down) - but 15 day 2 or higher grades, 29 total draftable corners having watched 34 prospects

for comparison i have 18 day 2 or higher grades on WRs, have watched 41 and have 36 as draftable albeit some of those lower end guys remaining draftable is dependent partly on whether they're fast enough at the combine - im expecting some to drop

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Amik Robertson was a guy I was extremely high on way early in the process and forgot about him entirely, and seeing his name on a TDN mock to us recently sparked my interest.

amik Robertson end of 3/early 4, or Brandon jones in 4/5, are db picks I REALLY would like to see us make depending on the board

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Amik Robertson was a guy I was extremely high on way early in the process and forgot about him entirely, and seeing his name on a TDN mock to us recently sparked my interest.

amik Robertson end of 3/early 4, or Brandon jones in 4/5, are db picks I REALLY would like to see us make depending on the board

amik robertson a really interesting prospect - i think he's a 3rd round talent - we'll see where he goes - but if he makes it to us the 4th he'll probably be too good value to pass on

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
amik robertson a really interesting prospect - i think he's a 3rd round talent - we'll see where he goes - but if he makes it to us the 4th he'll probably be too good value to pass on
He’s a guy that if tavon young gets injured again, not only do we have a backup but we have our out to his contract.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He’s a guy that if tavon young gets injured again, not only do we have a backup but we have our out to his contract.
absolutely would be real nice get in the 4th round. We need someone who can man the slot if Tavon Young goes down. I'd rather not have Humphrey there. He did ok, but it's not his strength.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
absolutely would be real nice get in the 4th round. We need someone who can man the slot if Tavon Young goes down. I'd rather not have Humphrey there. He did ok, but it's not his strength.

i really like josiah scott and amik robertson as that guy if either makes it to the 4th (which they might not)

scott might fall because of injury issues in his past but obviously that's why we want cover for tavon lol but he's absolutely one of my favourite prospects in the entire class

but robertson might be the closest prospect ive seen to tavon young coming out as a player since tavon young lol

darnay holmes also an option although he plays a fair amount of outside corner in college

some other corners who might be around in that late 3rd and into the 4th range who i like (guys who should be gone in day 2 but might fall to day 3):

Troy Pride
Kindle Vildor
Cam Dantzler