• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar three round mock

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a lot of surprises here. Im still getting a handle on WR's though I do have some ideas about the fourth round if we went this route. More mock drafts please!
1) in round one The Ravens select LB, Zack Baun (Wisconsin)
zach.jpg

Bona fide pass rusher. Ultra smart and great in coverage. To me, he's a SAM straight away. Sure he could be a little lighter than ideal (240) but the player is special and weight can be put on. Judon lists at 260 and there is no way he's that heavy.
2) IOL, Cesar Ruiz (Michigan)
cesar ruiz.jpg

This guy changes everything for the offense. The idea is to build an offensive line not dependent on Lamar Jackson's legs in order to have success. A line that any back would have success running behind (traditionally).
Ruiz, to my mind is worth a first round selection. He's the best center in the draft. He's the best center in some time, frankly. Whether Yanda retires or not, the line needs to be priority.
3) LB Akeem Davis-Gaither
akeem.jpg

We will likely need to trade up for this guy...we traded two sixth round picks and moved up nine spots for Boykin in 2019. I'd trade at least a four and would consider something next year or perhaps a 2nd fourth round pick to move and get this guy.
What a great player. Projects inside to WILL but played OLB in college. very smart (father is a long time college coach), excellent in zone or covering TE/slot receivers in man. Physical.
Also, as good off the edge as I've seen for a projected ILB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I LOVE this mock, because as you know I’m Zack Bauns biggest fan on these boards, and I think Ruiz is a round 1 center. And there is the problem... I see no scenario where Ruiz is available that late.

I like what I’ve seen from davis Gaither but it’s been a limited watch on him from me, I’d feel pretty shitty if we left day 2 without a single receiver

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I LOVE this mock, because as you know I’m Zack Bauns biggest fan on these boards, and I think Ruiz is a round 1 center. And there is the problem... I see no scenario where Ruiz is available that late.

I like what I’ve seen from davis Gaither but it’s been a limited watch on him from me, I’d feel pretty shitty if we left day 2 without a single receiver
Yeah, it's more than optimistic. I'm only going off of where these guys are projected now. Of course,that will change soon enough.
I would take Ruiz at 28. I'm not sure Baun will be available at 28 either. He looks very much like a player the the Patriots would covet.
I'm just getting my eyes around the WR class but I'm guessing we get one round two.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we had those 3 as our first 3 picks I would be pretty excited - id be concerned still about the pass rush but would have high hopes for Baun to help that - but this would massively impact the roster in a pretty exciting way - adding that much speed and range at linebacker and then Ruiz at C would be a huge get

obviously would be disappointing not to get a receiver early but there'll be good options early on day 3 albeit not sure i trust this FO yet with drafting WRs

I could see someone like Quartney Davis being available or KJ Hill or James Proche all in the 4th round potentially - maybe even some guys i've got higher grades on like Devin Duvernay fall into the 4th round

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
This is a dream draft and would change the complexion of our team, but Ruiz in the second just isn’t gonna happen unless all other GMs are just confused. Here’s my dream draft at the moment (based on The Draft Network Mock Machine):

11927D71-B3BD-43DA-B58F-E9270DB4BF68.jpeg

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png

Zack Baun

, EDGE
    Wisconsin

Tee Higgins

, WR
    Clemson

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

, RB
    LSU

Leki Fotu

, IDL
    Utah

Devin Duvernay

, WR
    Texas

Lamar Jackson

, CB
    Nebraska

Had to try it lol.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would be ecstatic if those were our first 3 picks. You say we might have to trade up for Akeem... I think we’re going to have to trade up for Cesar if he’s there in the middle of the 2nd. I see some mocks having him as a 1st rounder. He was be perfect for our offense.