• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Harbaughisms

With all the kooky things Harbaugh says, I thought this would be a good thread.

"During Tuesday’s podium session, ESPN’s Jamison Hensley said he’s never seen a run of injuries like this in the 18 years he’s covered training camps. He asked Harbaugh, “Do you ever think, ‘What’s going on here?’”

Harbaugh quickly responded “No. I think we’re going to be fine. We have a lot of good players. We’re going to play football games. We’re the Ravens, and we’re going to be a really good team.”"

And there you have it, folks. Everything is fine! And oh, by the way, we're the Ravens, injuries don't effect us!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With all the kooky things Harbaugh says, I thought this would be a good thread.

"During Tuesday’s podium session, ESPN’s Jamison Hensley said he’s never seen a run of injuries like this in the 18 years he’s covered training camps. He asked Harbaugh, “Do you ever think, ‘What’s going on here?’”

Harbaugh quickly responded “No. I think we’re going to be fine. We have a lot of good players. We’re going to play football games. We’re the Ravens, and we’re going to be a really good team.”"

And there you have it, folks. Everything is fine! And oh, by the way, we're the Ravens, injuries don't effect us!
What else is he supposed to say. He is supposed to instill confidence in his team and the next man up mantra.

You're right, I just find the things he says funny. Really was just making this thread to try to lighten things up with all the Kaep and injury talk.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
The Ravens are burning and there is Harbaugh playing the fiddle.

Of course he isn't going to say, "yea folks, we're screwed."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I get what ravensmania is saying, In all realism it's probably the best attitude for the sake of the team, and the way we have been able to compete with training camp bodies and scrubs and keep spirits high is a testament to harbaughs knack for talking out of his ass. This kinda talk helps the team stay in good competitive spirits and it's honestly what makes harbaugh a good coach.. but...

Goddamn this is frustrating to hear as fans. Get a fire under your ass and show some outrage, say "what the hell man? How? Maybe i should change our camp regimen?". We don't wanna keep hearing that we have some really good football players when we have glaring holes and multiple key players are suffering season Enders before we take a preseason snap

The Raven

Veteran
"I'm pissed off about the injuries. I'm pissed. We've got games to win and we can't win with half the team in the training room. I'm going to take a look at our training and then not actually do anything about it because most injuries are freak accidents or things that can't reasonably be prevented." *veins bulge*

So he shows some outrage. How does this scenario help anything? Does that actually make you feel better? Are you just looking for affirmation from the coach or ... ?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
"I'm pissed off about the injuries. I'm pissed. We've got games to win and we can't win with half the team in the training room. I'm going to take a look at our training and then not actually do anything about it because most injuries are freak accidents or things that can't reasonably be prevented." *veins bulge*

So he shows some outrage. How does this scenario help anything? Does that actually make you feel better? Are you just looking for affirmation from the coach or ... ?

We are all pissed off about the injuries and Harbaugh is as well. That being said, he isn't going to say that to the media and if he was going to change the workout regimen he wouldn't be telling us that at the moment anyway. Now the overwhelming majority of these injuries have been non contact injuries and have nothing to do with that.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I always find it oddly entertaining to read a quote with blatantly obvious comment. I'm never quite sure how to react:

"What do you think about (fill in the blank)?"

"...We're going to play football games..."

I_Guess.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Was this a reply to my post? If so, you must have missed the whole first paragraph when I said what he's doing is best for the team

The Raven

Veteran
Was clearly meant for me and/or Sami lol
Sami's been on my block list for a while -- saves me (and therefore the rest of the board) the headache. Wasn't necessarily meant for you, but if the shoe fits... lol

It was more of a flippant response to all fans ever who just want to see the coach get angry over something he can't control, even if it doesn't actually mean anything or get anything done. So many times I see fans just get actually mad or frustrated that Harbaugh doesn't say anything and I'm like... what do you want him to say and what will he accomplish by saying it, other than make you feel better about being mad about a game? Never understood that.