• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article The 2016 NFL Draft: The Draft that wins us a Super Bowl?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I want to preface this by saying: yes, several of the players from this draft class have gone down with injuries: However, I am still not worried. Even if this year is a lost cause, which it probably won't be because the defense is that good.

So let's talk about the future here. This draft class has the potential to go down as one of the great ones. Come next year, or the year after, we are likely to be in contention for a super bowl. I will go as far as saying: OUR TEAM WILL BE TOO TALENTED NOT TO WIN A SUPER BOWL SOMETIME WITHIN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.

This draft class is likely to be the biggest reason why. So one year later, let's take a look at the goods

Round One: Ronnie Stanley- I feel like I was one of his biggest suporters early on. And sure, Tunsil was a better on the field prospect, but I loved Stanley coming out of the draft and many of the people I keep in touch with outside of these forums know that I was VERY excited to get him. And it shows one year later. He's already a top ten left tackle in the NFL, and has the potential to be a perennial all pro. Worst case scenario, he's likely reached his floor.. Which is saying something. He, in my eyes, was the rare high ceiling, high floor prospect. And for the first time since Ogden, I feel confident in saying we have a true franchise LT.

Round Two: Kamalei Correa- A controversial pick: But I think he's going to work out as he's moved in to ILB. Remember, he'll be playing the Zach Orr role, which is a lot easier than most people think. But he should excel. Freakishly athletic, and played a lot of ILB at Boise with an endless motor. Sure, he's a one speed rusher that fit very poorly on the edge, but coming from the middle I have a lot of faith.

Round Three: Bronson Kaufausi- He's grown on me a lot. He's the most athletic player on the dline by far. Sure, we've heard nothing off him in camp, but no news is good news at this point. He has the potentialt to be a pro bowl player, and is likely the best athlete the dline has had since Ngata was here. He could help provide a strong interior pass rush going foward, and if you combine that with our newly improved pass rush, that makes him a valuable commodity going forward even if his numbers are not phenomenal. We are usually very good about developing defensive linemen: I have the utmost confidence in Bronson.

Round Four part one: Tavon Young: It's a damn shame that he's out for the year. He played at a very good level at outside corner, literally exceeding everyone's expectations. Mine included. He's got the tools to turn into a pro bowl corner himself. When he comes back next year, and Humphrey has hopefully overtaken Carr's job, we will have a formidable trio with Smith-Humphrey-Young.

Round Four part two: Chris Moore- I hated the pick at the time, but after seeing his route running in action I like him a lot Moore. Ha! Get it? Anyway, Moore looks like a good route runner with very good speed. His hands however are made of utter stone. If he could somehow grow into a player with decent hands, then he could be a #3 WR on the team that's a potential home run threat. Overall, he's got a lot to prove but I understand why we have some confidence in him going foward.

Round Four part three: Alex Lewis. Still think we are misuing him at guard, but at the very least he's a good pass blocker. While he could beccome a very good all around guard and has a high ceiling, I think his ceiling is better suited at RT. But for better or for worse, he's at LG next to Stanley. At least Flacco won't get killed from the blindside, and hey that's not bad coming from a late fourth round pick.

Round Four part four: Willie Henry- Loads of potential, could become a Jernigan type player. Will likely be a good rotational player that helps keep the defense fresh at all times.

Round Four part five: Kenneth Dixon- Damn shame he's hurt too. But, he had a very good ceiling here. Worst case scenario is that he's a damn good #2 running back for us going foward.

Round Five: Matt Judon- Has to proven to be a steal. Could see him as a full time starter who could get anywhere from 6-10 sacks a season. Not elite, but a valuable commodity in the NFL. He's a starter this year.

Round Six: Keenan Reynolds: Super raw, but could be a good return man or WR depth

Round Six: Maruice Canady- Hurt, but could be good depth.

Overall, one year later the return looks damn impressive for this class. Of the picks we have we have seven who could contribute at a solid level for this team now and in the future. I am beyond excited for the talent haul we have had here. Do not mistake me, if we win a super bowl sometime within the next five seasons, this class will have played a major role in shaping our identity.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Even though he's not a draft pick, Michael Pierce is going to play a major role.

Nice write up

K-Dog

MVP
This year helped a lot too I reckon.

Now if we can just get John to shop hurting everyone....

:p

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have high hopes for the 2016 class. So much potential. I agree I didn't like the Chris Moore pick the most. How come all our WRs we've been selecting lately all have the stone hand label to them? Perriman, Moore, even Reynolds. You would think a natural hands catcher would be the top trait to look for in a draft prospect.
Side note: would have been awesome if we had selected Jordan Howard over injured prone Dixon though. Still too early to tell, but oh well

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I want to preface this by saying: yes, several of the players from this draft class have gone down with injuries: However, I am still not worried. Even if this year is a lost cause, which it probably won't be because the defense is that good.

So let's talk about the future here. This draft class has the potential to go down as one of the great ones. Come next year, or the year after, we are likely to be in contention for a super bowl. I will go as far as saying: OUR TEAM WILL BE TOO TALENTED NOT TO WIN A SUPER BOWL SOMETIME WITHIN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.

This draft class is likely to be the biggest reason why. So one year later, let's take a look at the goods

Round One: Ronnie Stanley- I feel like I was one of his biggest suporters early on. And sure, Tunsil was a better on the field prospect, but I loved Stanley coming out of the draft and many of the people I keep in touch with outside of these forums know that I was VERY excited to get him. And it shows one year later. He's already a top ten left tackle in the NFL, and has the potential to be a perennial all pro. Worst case scenario, he's likely reached his floor.. Which is saying something. He, in my eyes, was the rare high ceiling, high floor prospect. And for the first time since Ogden, I feel confident in saying we have a true franchise LT.

Round Two: Kamalei Correa- A controversial pick: But I think he's going to work out as he's moved in to ILB. Remember, he'll be playing the Zach Orr role, which is a lot easier than most people think. But he should excel. Freakishly athletic, and played a lot of ILB at Boise with an endless motor. Sure, he's a one speed rusher that fit very poorly on the edge, but coming from the middle I have a lot of faith.

Round Three: Bronson Kaufausi- He's grown on me a lot. He's the most athletic player on the dline by far. Sure, we've heard nothing off him in camp, but no news is good news at this point. He has the potentialt to be a pro bowl player, and is likely the best athlete the dline has had since Ngata was here. He could help provide a strong interior pass rush going foward, and if you combine that with our newly improved pass rush, that makes him a valuable commodity going forward even if his numbers are not phenomenal. We are usually very good about developing defensive linemen: I have the utmost confidence in Bronson.

Round Four part one: Tavon Young: It's a damn shame that he's out for the year. He played at a very good level at outside corner, literally exceeding everyone's expectations. Mine included. He's got the tools to turn into a pro bowl corner himself. When he comes back next year, and Humphrey has hopefully overtaken Carr's job, we will have a formidable trio with Smith-Humphrey-Young.

Round Four part two: Chris Moore- I hated the pick at the time, but after seeing his route running in action I like him a lot Moore. Ha! Get it? Anyway, Moore looks like a good route runner with very good speed. His hands however are made of utter stone. If he could somehow grow into a player with decent hands, then he could be a #3 WR on the team that's a potential home run threat. Overall, he's got a lot to prove but I understand why we have some confidence in him going foward.

Round Four part three: Alex Lewis. Still think we are misuing him at guard, but at the very least he's a good pass blocker. While he could beccome a very good all around guard and has a high ceiling, I think his ceiling is better suited at RT. But for better or for worse, he's at LG next to Stanley. At least Flacco won't get killed from the blindside, and hey that's not bad coming from a late fourth round pick.

Round Four part four: Willie Henry- Loads of potential, could become a Jernigan type player. Will likely be a good rotational player that helps keep the defense fresh at all times.

Round Four part five: Kenneth Dixon- Damn shame he's hurt too. But, he had a very good ceiling here. Worst case scenario is that he's a damn good #2 running back for us going foward.

Round Five: Matt Judon- Has to proven to be a steal. Could see him as a full time starter who could get anywhere from 6-10 sacks a season. Not elite, but a valuable commodity in the NFL. He's a starter this year.

Round Six: Keenan Reynolds: Super raw, but could be a good return man or WR depth

Overall, one year later the return looks damn impressive for this class. Of the picks we have we have seven who could contribute at a solid level for this team now and in the future. I am beyond excited for the talent haul we have had here. Do not mistake me, if we win a super bowl sometime within the next five seasons, this class will have played a major role in shaping our identity.
pm this to me next time it was great I liked it. Mind if I turn it into an article right now?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Don't forget picking up michael pierce as a UDFA too...