• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Kenneth Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This thread is for the discussion of our inevitable first round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. Before you talk about his weaknesses, let's discuss his strengths other from his athleticism.

If Murray actually becomes our first-round pick, I encourage everyone to raise their pitchforks and send me to the Pit of Misery. Fuck it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My fears regarding EDC and his talent evaluating ability will be 100% official if he does select murray.
I don't want him to draft Murray, but you can't say that for atleast two years down the road.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll put it to you this way. I wasn't high on Devin bush but was a better prospect than Murray is
I was very high on Devin Bush and mentioned it on the boards as well as many conversations with Truth.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was very high on Devin Bush and mentioned it on the boards as well as many conversations with Truth.

For me Bush was a safer pick that Murray but he wasn't without big flaws too. His rookie season was average too but you can see he's not a liability. Murray would be a liability.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have pretty serious doubt about Murray properly taking on and getting off blocks in space. But I know we can coach him up so far as gap assignment as well as having him plug at the line occasionally. He's a chase backer...pair him with Alaka and he'll pick it up. Hows that for accentuating the positive?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have pretty serious doubt about Murray properly taking on and getting off blocks in space. But I know we can coach him up so far as gap assignment as well as having him plug at the line occasionally. He's a chase backer...pair him with Alaka and he'll pick it up. Hows that for accentuating the positive?

i think in wink's defence he could be a better version of 2018 Peanut

Chase backer is exactly the right way to put it - he's excellent working on the horizontal plane and sometimes he makes crazy splash plays coming downhill playing what's in front of him

but he also fills me with fear if he is a raven because it feels like he could easily be taken advantage of by a veteran QB

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think in wink's defence he could be a better version of 2018 Peanut

Chase backer is exactly the right way to put it - he's excellent working on the horizontal plane and sometimes he makes crazy splash plays coming downhill playing what's in front of him

but he also fills me with fear if he is a raven because it feels like he could easily be taken advantage of by a veteran QB

I think I'm going to sleep during the first round of the draft so I can wake up to our thread and be disappointed instantly rather than a build up of dissapointment.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think I'm going to sleep during the first round of the draft so I can wake up to our thread and be disappointed instantly rather than a build up of dissapointment.
Come on now, that's wack. The build up of emotions is what makes the draft GREAT. The anticipation, the endless commercials, Goodell being booed (well not so much this year), etc. is the essence of it. You'll miss out.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Come on now, that's wack. The build up of emotions is what makes the draft GREAT. The anticipation, the endless commercials, Goodell being booed (well not so much this year), etc. is the essence of it. You'll miss out.

Im more excited for the 2nd round because either we'd have not picked Murray or if we have they have picked him they can't pick him again

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I do like him on blitz packages. Given our likely strength in the secondary we will likely be stacking the box a lot again this year which could help him. I haven't done a ton of evaluation this year(no time) though so take my thoughts with a grain of salt

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do like him on blitz packages. Given our likely strength in the secondary we will likely be stacking the box a lot again this year which could help him. I haven't done a ton of evaluation this year(no time) though so take my thoughts with a grain of salt

A free blitzer..oh wow you really have to be a first round pick in order to do that. (that's all he did well).

Status
Not open for further replies.