• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Rumors / Players getting 1st round buz

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There are players getting first round buz that could be surprise picks in the 1st round.

Here are the following players:

CEH -- could be in play for the Bucs, but I feel it would make more sense as a 2nd round pick.
KJ Hamler -- teams like SF, Pats, Vikings at the back end of the 1st round
Chase Claypool -- some teams like his ability to go over the slot and play on the outside. Teams like the Pats, Hawks, Packers
Ezra Cleveland -- could be in play for the Browns, Vikes, Fins, or Bucs
Austin Jackson -- same as Ezra Cleveland
Robert Hunt -- has been moving up draft boards and could be in play for the Ravens, Vikes, SF, and Hawks
Neville Gallimore -- Titans, SF, Jags and Fins could be interested
Jordyn Brooks -- as previously mentioned some teams have him as the 2nd best ILB. Teams like the Ravens Packers, Eagles and Broncos could be interested
Josh Uche -- could also be a surprise pick in the 1st round - teams like the Ravens, Pats, Hawsk and Titans have expressed interest.
Damon Annette CB - Jags, SF, MN, Titans
Antoine Winfield, Jr. - Cowboys, MN, Jags, TN
Jeremy Chin - FS/SS/LB - Fins, NE, Jags, Cowboys
Jacob Eason - there is a team that has him as the 2nd best QB in the draft. Could go to Fins, Pats, Colts, Saints

It will be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There are players getting first round buz that could be surprise picks in the 1st round.

Here are the following players:

CEH -- could be in play for the Bucs, but I feel it would make more sense as a 2nd round pick.
KJ Hamler -- teams like SF, Pats, Vikings at the back end of the 1st round
Chase Claypool -- some teams like his ability to go over the slot and play on the outside. Teams like the Pats, Hawks, Packers
Ezra Cleveland -- could be in play for the Browns, Vikes, Fins, or Bucs
Austin Jackson -- same as Ezra Cleveland
Robert Hunt -- has been moving up draft boards and could be in play for the Ravens, Vikes, SF, and Hawks
Neville Gallimore -- Titans, SF, Jags and Fins could be interested
Jordyn Brooks -- as previously mentioned some teams have him as the 2nd best ILB. Teams like the Ravens Packers, Eagles and Broncos could be interested
Josh Uche -- could also be a surprise pick in the 1st round - teams like the Ravens, Pats, Hawsk and Titans have expressed interest.
Damon Annette CB - Jags, SF, MN, Titans
Antoine Winfield, Jr. - Cowboys, MN, Jags, TN
Jeremy Chin - FS/SS/LB - Fins, NE, Jags, Cowboys
Jacob Eason - there is a team that has him as the 2nd best QB in the draft. Could go to Fins, Pats, Colts, Saints

It will be really interesting to see how this plays out.

If even 2-3 of those guys go ahead of us it bodes really well not just for our pick in the 1st round but also for our 2nd round picks too... as long as we arent the team picking them (like in brooks case)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If even 2-3 of those guys go ahead of us it bodes really well not just for our pick in the 1st round but also for our 2nd round picks too... as long as we arent the team picking them (like in brooks case)
At this point, I see our pick being AJ Epenesa.

Simba

Staff Member

This is the ideal scenario. I've run through so many of those TDN mocks just for myself and I feel like 28 is continually the no man's land of spots. Feels like 20-25 is the sweet spot. If we have some surprises go earlier, could push someone better down to us and we don't have to worry about trading up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is the ideal scenario. I've run through so many of those TDN mocks just for myself and I feel like 28 is continually the no man's land of spots. Feels like 20-25 is the sweet spot. If we have some surprises go earlier, could push someone better down to us and we don't have to worry about trading up.

that's the thing - there's always surprises before our pick but it's so hard to project - i feel confident someone the ravens like will be there at 28 but i have no confidence projecting who it will be

i figure it might be Epenesa but ultimately have no idea

the other wildcard for me is, clearly this team values speed at receiver - i wonder how high we have someone like aiyuk on our board - and is it high enough that he would be BPA at 28

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
OR we could trade out, last year iirc teams traded back into the 1st for McGary, DeAndre Baker and Sweat. Mortensen reported the Falcons are expected to move up and could even move into the top-5. This could shake things up if they pick a Qb or they start a run for another position.

Simba

Staff Member
OR we could trade out, last year iirc teams traded back into the 1st for McGary, DeAndre Baker and Sweat. Mortensen reported the Falcons are expected to move up and could even move into the top-5. This could shake things up if they pick a Qb or they start a run for another position.

It's definitely the most unsure I've been in years. If everything goes according to what's expected (and we know it's not), we're in a really tough spot. With a few surprises, it can push some talent down that allows us to pounce or move back a little. Wouldn't expect a major move back but can absolutely see a scenario that we move back into say, the top 5 picks of day 2.