• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

You Guys Already Know What It's About

Clowney or Judon

• Clowney

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Judon

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So, time to get aggressive and see how the community feels. In light of the recent report that the Ravens have interest in Clowney, I'd like to make a poll. Everyone and their mom knows I have a hard-on (pause) for Clowney and how much I despise Judon for a number of reasons (whiffing on a square up tackle on Henry in the playoffs that ended up becoming a huge gain, stupid ass cryptic posts on social media, not being able to break 10 sacks in a defense that blitzes the most in the league, etc.), so I've decided to make a poll to see how this community feels about the keeping of Judon, or rescinding his tag and signing Clowney (hopefully for much cheaper than Judon's tag price), because I don't think it's realistic to have both. Clowney is a true game wrecker, plus with the beef we've acquired on the defensive line, he should be able to feast even more; in the run game and as a pass rusher. So, my fellow Ravens fans, please vote on who'd you'd rather have on the Ravens, and explain your vote below.

Oh, and one more thing: @Dom McRaven: #SIIE

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Going with Judon since he's been in our system and can do more multiple things ie dropping into coverage whereas Clowney strictly a passrusher. Also Judon has an extreme amount of pass pressures. Also Judon only has a year which we can get out from under and gain a comp pick since we have a successor who has been drinking Virginia well water mixed with shine The Zambian Warrior John Daka. Book it!!!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Going with Judon since he's been in our system and can do more multiple things ie dropping into coverage whereas Clowney strictly a passrusher. Also Judon has an extreme amount of pass pressures. Also Judon only has a year which we can get out from under and gain a comp pick since we have a successor who has been drinking Virginia well water mixed with shine The Zambian Warrior John Daka. Book it!!!

Clowneys best attribute is setting the edge. He's the best 3-4 OLB at it. We do that, combined with our revamped interior D line..it's over.

Judons edge setting is inconsistent to put it mildly.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clowneys best attribute is setting the edge. He's the best 3-4 OLB at it. We do that, combined with our revamped interior D line..it's over.

Maybe so but I'd have to watch Clowney more in action But I believe Judon is catching too much flak over one missed tackle. Most of the Henry gashes was right up the gut. And @JAAM brought up the lack of double digit sacks. Well I just looked at Clowneys totals............. and he has bonafide passrushers that took up blockers In JJ Watt and Mercilus just to name a couple while we were strictly lacking in that area.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So, time to get aggressive and see how the community feels. In light of the recent report that the Ravens have interest in Clowney, I'd like to make a poll. Everyone and their mom knows I have a hard-on (pause) for Clowney and how much I despise Judon for a number of reasons (whiffing on a square up tackle on Henry in the playoffs that ended up becoming a huge gain, stupid ass cryptic posts on social media, not being able to break 10 sacks in a defense that blitzes the most in the league, etc.), so I've decided to make a poll to see how this community feels about the keeping of Judon, or rescinding his tag and signing Clowney (hopefully for much cheaper than Judon's tag price), because I don't think it's realistic to have both. Clowney is a true game wrecker, plus with the beef we've acquired on the defensive line, he should be able to feast even more; in the run game and as a pass rusher. So, my fellow Ravens fans, please vote on who'd you'd rather have on the Ravens, and explain your vote below.

Oh, and one more thing: @Dom McRaven: #SIIE

hahahahaha
Mr. Rossi, you already know the #SIIE is the hottest movement in life. Even Hollywood knows the deal. Judon is obviously not a scrub, but do I think he's the 1a pass-rusher for this team? Me thinks not. I'd love to have both if financially feasible, but I'm rolling with Clowney.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Come on guys. 8:2 favoring Judon? 8 of you guys aren't my friends anymore

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we’re asking who the better player is it’s very clearly clowney.

if the question is: “which would be the smarter move?” It’s clearly to let Judon play out the tag and let him walk next offseason. If we traded Judon for a 2 then I would be POUNDING the table for clowney, but we didn’t.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

The narrative that Judon is a better 3 down LB than Judon and that all Judon does is rush the passer is the laziest and most untrue narrative I’ve ever seen from ravens fans

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The narrative that Judon is a better 3 down LB than Judon and that all Judon does is rush the passer is the laziest and most untrue narrative I’ve ever seen from ravens fans
I have yet to see/hear a single soul that said that Judon is a better 3 down LB than Judon.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we’re asking who the better player is it’s very clearly clowney.

if the question is: “which would be the smarter move?” It’s clearly to let Judon play out the tag and let him walk next offseason. If we traded Judon for a 2 then I would be POUNDING the table for clowney, but we didn’t.

We can just let Judon walk after this season and then, if we're still interested, we can replace him with Clowney next season (Clowney is probably only going to sign a one year deal somewhere this season).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

he is when he is healthy, but he doesn't drop back in coverage which is needed for us in a big way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
anyone who thinks that isn't truly watching the games.