• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hurricane Irma

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anybody else down here getting ready for this shit show?

Its been tracking west all day and after everyone thought Miami was in the crosshairs, it now looks like my Tampa Bay region may see the brunt of it. Not a good thing for our particular geographical makeup.

I'm on some high ground here and we got the shutters up today. Provisions for a week and plenty of supplies.

Just curious who else is out there since I know we have a bunch of people here in Florida that were on the old site.

K-Dog

MVP
Ugh.
I don't even want to imagine the next 36 to 48 hours down there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To all of our posters in Florida and/or the Caribbean, Please stay safe, help thy neighbor, and pull through this. Hoping for the best, and I'm sorry this is happening, such a scary storm, to everyone who's bunkering down, you're a bigger man than me.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Please be super careful. Good to hear that you are prepared for the storm. Also hope you got a generator and plenty of fuel. Praying for evehrybody in the region since I know it will take a few weeks before everything is normal again.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I have a lot of good friends in Florida and I have sent up some heartfelt prayers! May God bless Florida! Please be careful, and if you are in a storm surge area please consider shelter on high ground.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Purple nurple from the old board lives in st pete. Hope he and his family are safe! Not sure if he is registered on here

Tank

Hall of Famer
Purple nurple from the old board lives in st pete. Hope he and his family are safe! Not sure if he is registered on here

Hey Arnie, check out the original post. Sounds like he was well prepared, hopefully made out OK.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
No power here in Boca Raton where i live. A lot of trees down too. Kinda how the Ravens shut out the Bengals in Cincy!!!!

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whassup, friends.

Thanks for the well wishes. We are still without power and cleanup has been an absolute bitch in this heat. Lot of tree damage at my place but no structural damage to the house. MANY of my friends got it much worse but as you'd expect, the community has banded together and neighbors are sharing generator power with each other. Estimate for power at my place is by midnight on the 15th. Sucks, but it is what it is. Alive and kicking and that's what matters!

arnie_uk

Veteran
Good to hear you and yours are ok nurps! Loved st pete when i was there, hope the community gets back up and running soon!