• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 1 Edition

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So the good
Defense
Running game

The Bad
Flacco
Playcalling was too conservative but it got us a win so IDK

The Ugly

Jensen's penalties. He needs to get his shit together.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This defense is amazing. Like I am impressed by how irrelevant they made the Bengals O look pretty much from start to finish.

The running game looked solid enough consisering they were facing a solid front 7.

I don't know how to judge Flacco because from halftime on the Ravens decided to run out the clock.

Other then Jensens penalties I loved the OLine play. Some of the Ravens best runs were on those delayed handoffs giving the line time to open holes.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Our defense was fantastic today.

The offense was good enough today but we must improve. Too many penalties and four times we could not get a play off resulting in two wasted timeouts and two delay of game penalties.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Shut out baby. I wonder what the NFL record is for shutouts in a season

Good: defense and improved run game
Bad: completing passes down the field (except the one to Macklin)
Ugly: injury to Z Smith, he looked like he was in a lot of pain

RavensDFan

Veteran
Defense was good. Looked like some of the same old issues early on, but turnovers cover a lot of ills. They tightened up quickly though.

Difficult to judge Flacco since after he got hit they decided to never throw the ball again.

I sincerely hope this playcalling was strictly letting Flacco knock off rust and/or because the Bengals O was playing so poorly. This playcalling will NOT even keep us in games let alone win them against better QBs.

Division win. Road win. All good.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
That was goddam beautiful from the defense. OL will improve and very satisfied with the run game. Flacco didn't look anywhere near what I expected, which is good. Clean up the penalties and keep the players in bubble wrap.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shut out baby. I wonder what the NFL record is for shutouts in a season

Good: defense and improved run game
Bad: completing passes down the field (except the one to Macklin)
Ugly: injury to Z Smith, he looked like he was in a lot of pain
The 76 Steelers with 5, 2000 Ravens with 4

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Who didn't enjoy this game? It was exactly what we wanted to be. Defense did gave up some plays that went further than they should have, but we did the plays when they needed to be made and offense did enough to put up points, capitalize on good field position and eat the clock and the energy from the Bengals.

Now we need to see our rookies developp and bring their support to become even better.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That is an insane run to pass ratio that will lose us games against the better teams and even some of the not so better teams.

The Bengals are bad (been saying it loudly all offseason), but that ratio is almost entirely bbecause the Ravens decided they had won and were not going to risk it so time to run out the clock...at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys know how i feel about O lines so lets get something clear here, The bengals have the worst O line in football..we'll need to be better vs the browns who have a pretty stellar O line to say the least.