• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Trade for AP?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
AP would probably play better for us than he is for the Saints due to fitting our scheme better. That said, he's nowhere close to what he used to be and isn't worth the money. I'd rather stick it out with West, Allen, and Woodhead for the year and then try to draft a more dynamic runner.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Doesn't take much for these threads to pop up eh? Injured rb for the ravens and some bug eyes from AP and now we're speculating a trade

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For us to bring in an outside back they'd need to be great in pass protection or an outright upgrade over west/Allen for less money otherwise any extra rbs we use will be from in house

And anyone saying the Brandon Williams restructure is for a rb signing needs to remember that while it was reported after the game, he was actually restructured before the game and therefore before the woodhead injury - in all likelihood that money is just to create some cap flexibility for the inevitable maneouvering we'll need to do in season to deal with inevitable injury problems like woodhead and z etc.

Pitta's New Hip

Practice Squad
AP would probably play better for us than he is for the Saints due to fitting our scheme better. That said, he's nowhere close to what he used to be and isn't worth the money. I'd rather stick it out with West, Allen, and Woodhead for the year and then try to draft a more dynamic runner.

If we restructured for a trade, I'd rather it be for the Oline than old man AP.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk if AP is our guy. We need a guy with good speed and reliable hands. AP would just take away reps from Buck and West. We need a guy to compliment them until woodhead comes back

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We may as well bring Jamal Lewis out of retirement. Frankly I wouldn't mind giving Ray Rice a shot at redemption either before we go the AP route if ever.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So my two cents.

If AP was still the same player he used to be, not only would he be the unquestioned starter on the Saints.. Actually screw it. He would have never been released from the Vikings in the first place in spite of his outrageously high salary. Peterson was a franchise changer and a top 10 RB of all time. It's like Lebron James. You couldn't pay that dude enough money for what he brought to your team. Peterson has clearly lost a step, partially from old age, and partially from injuries. He could be good as a change of pace back, but I highly doubt we bring him in at all. Not only that, but the comments he's made about the fanbase in the past, and he's also got some previous baggage with the child abuse stuff.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Trade for Todd Gurley? Doesnt seem like its working out in LA for him
Difference there is that the Rams likely still believe he can return back to his rookie form. He could still turn it around(even if I had my doubts, which let's be fair. What has he done lately?).

Likewise, our run blocking oline isn't set entirely in stone yet. Not sure if he'd do good here. Or anywhere.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Difference there is that the Rams likely still believe he can return back to his rookie form. He could still turn it around(even if I had my doubts, which let's be fair. What has he done lately?).

Likewise, our run blocking oline isn't set entirely in stone yet. Not sure if he'd do good here. Or anywhere.
I think (if the rams were willing) hed fit well here. I think our down hill running style fits him. All we ask our backs to do is be physical and break tackles. The rams to me seem to be more focused on airing it out with Goff