• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Browns: Week 2 Edition

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Needless to say.

The good: Pretty much everything. WE played well
The Bad: Yanda injury, Williams injury, the fluke TD drive
The Ughly: Da Browns

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Collins as a RB ,except for the fumble of course. He looks much quicker and has better vision than West or Allen.

Good: Tyus Bowser, he was really good today and he's going to get more opportunities, he was really good in coverage and got pressure on Keizer. Another guy, Ben Watson, got to the soft spots in coverage and for his age, surprisingly athletic. I was happy when we decided to keep him and now it looks like it was the right move.

Bad: Chemistry between Flacco and the receivers is not good atm. I think he still needs plenty of more time before he begins to trust Perriman. These two barely got time with each other and its showing badly. I think the two will connect much more and Perriman is going to be a player for us but it seems that the chemistry issues between the both is very apparent. Same with Mike Wallace, not as bad as Perriman but on that INT Wallace seemed to miscommunicate the play and stopped in the middle of his route. It's really a chemistry thing between the both and I think Flacco is going to need more time before he can really put trust into guys.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perriman flat out stinks. Sorry but I wouldn't trust him on 3rd down ever. Throw to Camp, Maclin or Wallace but not him on 3rd down. Or Watson .

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Good: Tyus Bowser, he was really good today and he's going to get more opportunities, he was really good in coverage and got pressure on Keizer. Another guy, Ben Watson, got to the soft spots in coverage and for his age, surprisingly athletic. I was happy when we decided to keep him and now it looks like it was the right move.

Bad: Chemistry between Flacco and the receivers is not good atm. I think he still needs plenty of more time before he begins to trust Perriman. These two barely got time with each other and its showing badly. I think the two will connect much more and Perriman is going to be a player for us but it seems that the chemistry issues between the both is very apparent. Same with Mike Wallace, not as bad as Perriman but on that INT Wallace seemed to miscommunicate the play and stopped in the middle of his route. It's really a chemistry thing between the both and I think Flacco is going to need more time before he can really put trust into guys.
Good to have you back my man. I have to agree. Though it seems like Flacco is starting to trust Maclin. Missing TC has held back Flacco. I think Perriman will get better as time goes on. One of his "drops" is a drop most NFL WRs would make. So I can't give him too much crap.

Perriman flat out stinks. Sorry but I wouldn't trust him on 3rd down ever. Throw to Camp, Maclin or Wallace but not him on 3rd down. Or Watson .
Mike Wallace hasn't been particularly good either. He had 7 yards in the game and literally could take most of the blame for the lone INT. I don't think Flacco has enough trust with his receivers yet. If it weren't a chemistry issue I don't think Wallace would be held to 15 yards on the season.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good to have you back my man. I have to agree. Though it seems like Flacco is starting to trust Maclin. Missing TC has held back Flacco. I think Perriman will get better as time goes on. One of his "drops" is a drop most NFL WRs would make. So I can't give him too much crap.
Perriman is making a lot of mistakes in his route running as well.

There's no doubt in my mind he will improve. Flacco's trust with his receivers is really not good at the moment. You can throw at these guys all day in practice or individually but it will never replicate what happens on game day. You can even see it on the field, in terms of body language and his expressions that he isn't on the same page with his guys yet. Even Maclin admitted that it's a work in progress.

If you even look even closer you can see that Perriman/Wallace/Maclin are getting open on plenty of occasions, the trust just isn't there. Also when it comes to leading a receiver to their routes, its largely a pure connection between a QB and a WR, Flacco had that with Steve Smith, but its absent with our current guys. Flacco needs more time with these guys.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless we make a trade we are toast. Yanda is the heatbeat of the O line.
Done, optimism over..fin..goodbye..always next year

FUCK

Positive:
efficiency of the offense
Rookie playmakers
Running backs
O-line was ok without Yanda

Bad:
Blown coverages
Injuries

Terrible:
Refs were complete garbage