• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Awful: Week 3 Edition

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw, jags took two players we could have taken in the draft a year ago

we took

KAMMMAAALLLAAIIIIIE

our scouting dep sucks

fucking chris wormley eh..no to carl lawson?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
BTW, just an FYI but Stanley could be regressing because he doesn't have Yanda or Lewis next to him but James Hurst. He's probably not getting a lot of help from him, but I haven't personally keyed in on him on every play to see where the problem is. That said, I wouldn't say Stanley has been terrible or anything. If anything, he's been average to slightly above average with how LTs have played in the NFL.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw, jags took two players we could have taken in the draft a year ago

we took

KAMMMAAALLLAAIIIIIE

our scouting dep sucks

fucking chris wormley eh..no to carl lawson?
I'm not a big fan of Correa or Wormley either, but it is what it is with them. I especially think it was a good idea to get my man Pat Elflein, but of course Ozzie and crew know best and decide to not go for him when he is there and don't try to trade up to get him. I really hate how we sit on our hands because I would've traded Clark or Siragusa for Elflein for sure. I'm sorry to say but I was a huge fan of Elflein for the entire draft so I'm not at all surprised by how well he has done. He was one of the easiest picks and guys to scout on OL in a while. Siragusa may be good, but he's hurt so that's hard to say and predict. I still like him, and Wormley is a decent player, but sometimes you have to go up and get the guy and that's something I feel we fail to do--we too often sit on our hands and let the draft board fall to us and we just don't get as aggressive as I'd like to see. .

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The MVP of the game was the bus driver for getting us there thirty minutes early.

There was what? Five ? MAYBE ten? good run stops? Five or six good pass deflections? Some good punts. One TD in garbage time?

What else was good? I am being completely serious here. Is there ANYTHING we can hang out hats on and be proud of today?

God I am SO GLAD I didn't go.

Can't remember cause of the day drinking, but I think Koch did ok...

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
BTW, just an FYI but Stanley could be regressing because he doesn't have Yanda or Lewis next to him but James Hurst. He's probably not getting a lot of help from him, but I haven't personally keyed in on him on every play to see where the problem is. That said, I wouldn't say Stanley has been terrible or anything. If anything, he's been average to slightly above average with how LTs have played in the NFL.
So you are blaming Stanley's poor performance on the guy next to him. Stanley and Howard were getting beat on the corners by extremely fast DE's. Hurst had his own game to deal with as well as everybody else on the whole team. Stanley's regression is his own doing. I see no reason to make an excuse for him.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
"You will have to look at the tape. Actually, you could burn the tape. It's not even worth looking at. We just have to move on to next week. If we just get the next one we will be fine."

Sage words from Terrell Suggs, albeit after we lost to the Cheetahs in 2013.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
  • nah, Facebook is the last place I'd go to for truth. That's honestly one of the main reasons people came to this board because Facebook as a form of any discussion is terrible.

This board isn't the end all that be all when it comes to Ravens fans discussing their opinions or views about the team and it performances or the lack thereof. This place, while nice and a little more docile; is merely a microcosm of RAVENS NATION and there is no way I'd judge the validity of statements or comments about our team based upon those made on this board alone.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just got back to Scotland from wembley. Finally got to see my Ravens and wish i had stayed at home. Only plus side was meeting so many of the flock. Need a reaction next week. Still in shock tbh.

Glad you made it home safely and hate that you traveled to witness in person, that b.s. that the Ravens put on the field. Glad you had a better experience meeting members of "THE FLOCK". And the shock is real!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So there's a lot of stuff to say here that is bad, but I'll say this much: I think we need to get ourselves another QB. I'm not saying it's time to kick Joe to the curb, but it is most certainly time to find ourselves another guy in case Joe continues to just not get it done. That said, I read here people say that Joe sucked and he did suck--but it wasn't just him. The OL wasn't good and the WRs and RBs dropped easy, easy catches that hit them in the hands. I think a lot of blame is being thrown in Harbaugh's and Joe's direction, and I think some of that blame is definitely unfounded. We all knew Yanda would be a critical loss and that proved to be true. I found it strange we kept rotating Elumenour into the game with Skura. That doesn't make a ton of sense to me because this isn't a DL rotation here to keep guys fresh. I don't think I've ever seen OL rotate into a game before. That goes back to coaching, though--we were out-coached, out-played, and out-lucked today. The calls didn't go our way, Mosley and Weddle and Jefferson and others just didn't do well, Suggs couldn't hit home--it was an ugly, ugly game. We honestly looked lethargic like we didn't want to be there.

Because this is one game, I'll wait to pass judgment that the entire team sucks and stuff. I think the Raiders game will more or less vindicate this loss and prove it is either the true Ravens or perhaps just the Ravens caught on a bad day. I don't think the Steelers game matters as much as others in terms of proving this because they know us and we know them so even when we suck or they suck, we both play each other tougher than we normally would other teams--just like the Bengals and Browns.

The Ravens aren't going to Cali and beating the Raiders. Not happening! The Ravens record out West has been horrible lately and I expect it to continue there. The offense doesn't travel well whatsoever and the defense may make its customary "disappearance".

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So you are blaming Stanley's poor performance on the guy next to him. Stanley and Howard were getting beat on the corners by extremely fast DE's. Hurst had his own game to deal with as well as everybody else on the whole team. Stanley's regression is his own doing. I see no reason to make an excuse for him.
No, I'm saying that I think perhaps Stanley looked better last year because he had Yanda next to him helping him out for a lot of the season and now he has James Hurst, who isn't Yanda.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Ravens aren't going to Cali and beating the Raiders. Not happening! The Ravens record out West has been horrible lately and I expect it to continue there. The offense doesn't travel well whatsoever and the defense may make its customary "disappearance".
You may be correct. We shall soon see

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey, I hear you, but watching Oakland against Washington and they look bad, too. I think the NFL is just really wildly unpredictable this year for the most part. Their OL is getting really abused by the Redskins tonight, and while I'm not really confident in us against them, their defense isn't that great but it is pretty good--don't get me wrong. Could easily go either way and it wouldn't surprise me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey, I hear you, but watching Oakland against Washington and they look bad, too. I think the NFL is just really wildly unpredictable this year for the most part. Their OL is getting really abused by the Redskins tonight, and while I'm not really confident in us against them, their defense isn't that great but it is pretty good--don't get me wrong. Could easily go either way and it wouldn't surprise me.
We have also played them close the past couple of years.

RavensDFan

Veteran
a lot better than flacco. I dont think people realize that flacco is done as a starting caliber QB. When was it the last time you saw him make a long accurate throw? i feel like it's been years. He's regressed in every facet of his game and he wasnt even that great to begin with.
lol Yeah that's what people like you said back in 2012 too.