• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

PANIC BUTTON FIRE OZZIE AND HARBAUGH MOCK DRAFT

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
HARBAUGH IS INJURING OUR PLAYERS AND OZZIE HASNT DRAFTED A GOOD PLAYER SINCE ED REED! HEADS SHALL ROLL! PEES WILL BE GONE TOO! So here's a 2 scenario draft, one with Ozzie and another assuming he's fired, as he is much deserves...

ROUND 1
(No Ozzie) mid first round: quenton Nelson, G, ND. The upgrade this guy brings is just absurd. Weakest spot on the whole team for future and current needs, future all pro G right here.

(Ozzie) With the first overall pick, the ravens select: da'ron Payne, DT Alabama. Because you can never have enough Alabama players OR DTs amirite?

ROUND 2
(No Ozzie) mid 2nd: Royce freeman OR bo scarbrough. Both workhorse running backs capable of the big play and I feel this is the year we have had enough of the bullshit and pick lup a 3 down guy who can average a solid 4+ ypc regardless of the OL.

(Ozzie) 33rd overall: sike we trade back. TJ Edwards, ILB Wisconsin. Hey he's a big strong guy and can stop the run, that's what we need right? Can't win without stopping the run

ROUND 3:
(No Ozzie) Troy fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin. By seasons end his hype train may start rolling, but it seems to be low on steam at the moment. This guy is legit, every damn catch he makes it seems like he's stretching out and diving to make a spectacular grab, he's got verticals, great hands, good size and athleticism, strong dependable target. He's essentially what we WANTED Crockett to be. No more relying on oft injured TEs and old guys.

(Ozzie) a project OL who doesn't stand a chance to pan out ala Robert Myers.

Ok obviously the Ozzie talk is satire. The no Ozzie mock isn't actually without Ozzie. I'm just poking fun at the "sky is falling" people.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Payne is obviously wrong choice - when was the last time Ozzie took Alabama DL (Cody does not count, only players)?
It's not about Alabama DL, just that you can never have enough Alabama players OR defensive linemen. With the first overall pick it's clearly the smart move to kill 2 birds with one stone

ALI624

Pro Bowler
If we drafted Barkley we would use him as a fullback and he would tear his ACL making a tackle on a kickoff.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we drafted Barkley we would use him as a fullback and he would tear his ACL making a tackle on a kickoff.
It's funny cuz it's true. Still don't understand why Judon was covering 4th quarter kickoffs in the preseason

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The main thing that does annoy me about Ozzie is his ignorance to never trade up. We need some more star power, you can't deny that. I would love for us to move up just a bit and grab someone who can make a spark on this team.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The main thing that does annoy me about Ozzie is his ignorance to never trade up. We need some more star power, you can't deny that. I would love for us to move up just a bit and grab someone who can make a spark on this team.

Trade the farm for saquon barkley!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We've tried and teams want more than we're willing to give. We tried to trade up for Ramsey and settled for Stanley and kept our third, even though I don't like kaufusi it's still the boldest and smartest decision he's made in recent memory

Not never ... I can think of 4 ... 2nd round Brown and Maxx Williams, 3rd round Reid and Pierce. Not great results on those. 1st round trade ups are SO expensive it is hard to pull those off without giving up the farm.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not never ... I can think of 4 ... 2nd round Brown and Maxx Williams, 3rd round Reid and Pierce. Not great results on those. 1st round trade ups are SO expensive it is hard to pull those off without giving up the farm.
Exactly. We've had shit luck on trade ups aside from flacco.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Exactly. We've had shit luck on trade ups aside from flacco.
I get it is expensive to trade up but our first picks are just average starters who play 4 years with us then sizzle out. And I know cj is great but the Elam and perriman picks even it for me. I understand those extra picks make us solid but a young star is exactly what this team needs. Wether a BACK, reciever or pass rusher, I think the risk to get a star is worth the risk (better than done more 8-8) It really is tough watching other teams have players have monster games. Sense the super bowl, the only incredible offensive game I can think of was SSS vs the Bungals. This team is solid, but solid doesn't win a division.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I get it is expensive to trade up but our first picks are just average starters who play 4 years with us then sizzle out. And I know cj is great but the Elam and perriman picks even it for me. I understand those extra picks make us solid but a young star is exactly what this team needs. Wether a BACK, reciever or pass rusher, I think the risk to get a star is worth the risk (better than done more 8-8) It really is tough watching other teams have players have monster games. Sense the super bowl, the only incredible offensive game I can think of was SSS vs the Bungals. This team is solid, but solid doesn't win a division.
We have far too many offensive holes to sell the future though. We need a wr, rb, maybe a TE, RT, if Jensen leaves we need a C, a LG, soon we'll need a RG since yanda is getting up there fast, and depth in general.

You give away a first round pick in 2019 and a second in 2018 to move up for one player, then we get one player and lose our chance at getting more high profile players at dire need positions

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have far too many offensive holes to sell the future though. We need a wr, rb, maybe a TE, RT, if Jensen leaves we need a C, a LG, soon we'll need a RG since yanda is getting up there fast, and depth in general.

You give away a first round pick in 2019 and a second in 2018 to move up for one player, then we get one player and lose our chance at getting more high profile players at dire need positions
Agree and there is no guarantee on the player you just traded up for. That player could bust as well and now you’re shit out of luck.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Agree and there is no guarantee on the player you just traded up for. That player could bust as well and now you’re shit out of luck.
say were picking around 8-10, we have the choice of trading up 2-3 spots for barkley, or trading back 4-6 spots and picking up a second, im taking the latter. if we could land one of the OT prospects like conor williams or mcglinchey, or land quenton nelson in the mid teens, then im taking that, and hoping to get anthony miller and a qb like luke falk or clayton thorson in the second, the outlook for the future of this team would be beautiful at that point if guys stay healthy and the qb develops into something good. third round, im hoping to land a guy like troy fumagalli who is an incredibly talented TE who doesnt seem to get any hype, or hoping that one of the better RBs fall to the third like bo scarbrough or royce freeman.